Aston Martin Vantage AMR revealed - The first production models from the new performance sub-brand
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge

Aston Martin Vantage AMR revealed - The first production models from the new performance sub-brand

These two concepts launched AMR a couple of months ago: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...R-Pro-concepts

VANTAGE AMR – THE FIRST OF A FIERCE NEW BREED

Aston Martin’s most successful sports car is the first AMR model to enter production
      Global Vantage AMR production limited to just 300 cars: 100 V12 and 200 V8
      Inspired by the FIA World Endurance Championship winning V8 Vantage GTE

14 June 2017, Gaydon: The Vantage name has long been synonymous with more extreme performance Aston Martins since the 1950s, so it’s entirely appropriate that the Vantage AMR should be the first series production derivative of Aston Martin’s new race-inspired performance range.

Launched at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year, AMR amplifies and accentuates the sporting prowess of the British marque’s road cars, by taking inspiration or direct influence from Aston Martin Racing’s participation in the FIA World Endurance Championship; a series with which the marque tasted world championship success with factory drivers Nicki Thiim and Marco Sørensen just last season.

The AMR brand has two distinct tiers. Series production limited edition models such as the new Vantage AMR sit at its entry point, while extreme and extensively modified AMR Pro models created by Q by Aston Martin Advanced Operations sit at the pinnacle of the range, including the exclusive Vantage AMR Pro unveiled at this year’s Geneva Motor Show.

As you would expect, the Vantage AMR stays true to Aston Martin’s passion of offering cars with sharpened looks to match their vivid performance and vibrant character. A celebration of Aston Martin’s worldwide success across GT4, GT3 and GTE categories, the Vantage AMRs are offered both with 430bhp V8 or 595bhp – up from 565bhp – V12 powertrain options.

Both engines are fitted with automated sequential manual paddle-shift transmissions, or for the purist, six and seven-speed manual gearboxes in the V8 and V12 Vantage AMRs respectively.

Vantage AMR is available in four striking AMR exterior schemes: Stratus White with an Orange graphic; Ultramarine Black with Blue graphic; Zaffre Blue with Red graphic and Scintilla Silver with Grey graphic.

In addition the AMR ‘Halo Pack’ takes direct inspiration from Aston Martin Racing’s 2016 World Endurance Championship-winning #95 Vantage GTE, working a combination of Stirling Green paint and vivid Lime Green accents to dramatic effect. As a finishing touch, a special Union Jack-enameled AML wings badge, previously featured on last year’s GTE racer, is available as a no-cost option.

Each of the exterior schemes is matched to a different interior scheme that demonstrate Aston Martin’s mastery of materials and hand-craftsmanship to perfection. With a combination of leather and Alcantara for the Vantage AMR Coupes and all-leather for the Vantage AMR Roadsters, each interior scheme has been carefully chosen to compliment the exterior colours. In keeping with its exterior the Halo Pack features boldly contrasting colours, including Lime Green welts and accents.

Lightweight carbon fibre seats are offered as part of the extensive range of interior and exterior options. These include a suite of other carbon fibre features, including a lightweight front grille, side strakes, lamp infills and mirror caps on the outside, instrument surround, door tops and door grabs on the inside. There is also a choice of three different finishes for the V8 Vantage AMR’s 5-spoke alloy wheels and the V12 Vantage AMR’s lightweight 10-spoke alloy wheels.

For those who wish to add further finishing touches and personalisation, the Vantage AMR can be specified with additional options from the new AMR Accessories range. The most dramatic of these is the AMR Aero Kit. Produced in partnership with Aston Martin Racing, the extensive aerodynamic package for coupe models is constructed from carbon fibre and features front splitter and dive planes, plus side sills and a fixed rear spoiler. Another highlight is the optional forged aluminium AMR Vantage wheel, which mimics the design of the wheels fitted to the Vantage AMR Pro Concept shown at Geneva. Further weight savings can be made with the AMR titanium exhaust, which saves 14kg over the standard V12 Vantage system, sounds sensational and helps to sharpen engine response.

Aston Martin President and CEO, Dr Andy Palmer, said of the Vantage AMR: “It’s a real thrill to see our first AMR model go into production. The Vantage has been an incredible success for Aston Martin, both in V8 and V12 forms. As our most agile and athletic road car, and our long-time representative in the world of GT racing, it is the perfect model with which to introduce the exciting AMR range. Unmistakable in look and feel the Vantage AMR will appeal to our most enthusiastic customers. These are people who love our cars for their motorsport pedigree, and for their unmistakable dynamic and emotional qualities. Limited production numbers will undoubtedly make them extremely collectible, but they’re so good to drive I’m confident we’ll see many of them being enjoyed both on the road and at track events around the world.”

Both V8 and V12 Vantage AMR models are available in both Coupe and Roadster body styles in selected markets, with recommended retail prices starting from £97,995 in the UK and €126,995 in Germany. Deliveries are scheduled to commence in Q4 2017.

Both Vantage AMR models will be on display at this weekend’s 85th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, as Aston Martin Racing returns to the Circuit de la Sarthe in search of GTE class victory.

Last edited by Ryukein; 06-14-2017 at 09:58 AM.
      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

So AM, who's already on par with most AMG cars, now has a AMG-type line of cars?
      '14 F-150 FX4
      '11 GTI

They're really milking this car. Body came out in 2005

╠╬╬╗
      246 R

Updated OP

Quote Originally Posted by forewheel View Post
      So AM, who's already on par with most AMG cars, now has a AMG-type line of cars?
      This is more like an M4 GTS compared to an M4 than it is an M4 compared to a 4-series.

Quote Originally Posted by overst33r View Post
      The completely new one is debuting soon
      Last edited by Ryukein; 06-14-2017 at 09:58 AM.
      |||||||

I sat in a 2016 V8 Vantage yesterday. Up until now I had no idea how cramped they were and what poor visibility they have compared to a 911. I'm short at 5'7 so it fit me like a glove. Can't imagine driving that for very long if I was 6' or taller.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

I really need to get some seat time in a V8 Vantage, at some point. They really tick a lot of the boxes for me: understated (yet beautiful) looks, naturally aspirated engine, hydraulic steering, manual transmission, etc.

I have a terrible suspicion that the Vantage replacement is going to be like the 718 Cayman vs the 981 Cayman: better in every performance metric yet, all-in-all, a lesser experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      I hope they don't screw it up because I think the current Vantage is the prettiest AM in years.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFerrari View Post
      I hope they don't screw it up because I think the current Vantage is the prettiest AM in years.
      Yes, that's the issue
      |||||||

I'm fascinated by brand management, but I have these questions:

Does a performance niche brand like Aston Martin need a performance sub-brand?

If so, and if AMR is this sub-brand, what is Aston Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      I'm fascinated by brand management, but I have these questions:

Does a performance niche brand like Aston Martin need a performance sub-brand?

If so, and if AMR is this sub-brand, what is Aston Martin?
      I thought Aston did a good job spelling that out in the press release. AMR models are more hardcore and race inspired. Aston is typically more on the GT side of things. Nothing different than AMG's Black Series models, for example.
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      I thought Aston did a good job spelling that out in the press release. AMR models are more hardcore and race inspired. Aston is typically more on the GT side of things. Nothing different than AMG's Black Series models, for example.
      ^ What he said.
      |||||||

Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      I see what you are saying, but is the world big enough to have a niche GT manufacturer with a differentiated race car brand? It's like niche on niche. Honest question....

Totally.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

I see what you are saying, but is the world big enough to have a niche GT manufacturer with a differentiated race car brand? It's like niche on niche. Honest question....
      Manufacturers of this caliber typically know their buyer base pretty well. For the very limited run models, they'll personally call up to offer up the opportunity to buy. My best guess is they did some research and the interest was there. They're really only looking to build a small number of these regardless (so exclusive!).

It really is a niche in a niche, but whatever makes a profit...

Rad AF
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

Loving the acid yellow piping in the interior. Amazing.

Porsche can sell the GT3 and the GT3 RS, BMW can sell the M4 and the M4 GTS, AMG can sell the C63 and the C63 Black Series, McLaren can sell the 650S and 675LT... It's not an issue.
      |||||||

The interior looks really well laid out.

Also really digging the stripe from emblem to emblem.
      Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHamster View Post
      Imagine the B4 Passat as the guinea pig/red headed step child that everyone hates.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFerrari View Post
      Totally agree, but I think they might pull it off. I did a DB11 drive a few weeks ago and the A-M guys who had seen the new Vantage said it's their best yet. They described it as the front end sort of like the Vulcan and the rear of the DB10, sooooo yea I'm really looking forward to this. Plus the AMG V8 and in car electronics, manual transmission, etc etc...can't wait.