Car Insurance—is 100/300 still the standard? - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      So I'm adding the Miata to my insurance policy (Progressive) and I see I've got 100/300 across the board. Seems to be the standard, right? Any reason to add more? Or carry less?

Curious what TCL/TFL recommends these days.

I feel like the chick who plays Flo would be cool to grab a beer with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      I feel like the chick who plays Flo would be cool to grab a beer with.
      Not interested. She annoys me.

Unless she's buying, in which case I'd entertain her until I was ready to go home.
      Instagram - efrie004

This just popped up in the local news today....tragic incident of running a red, but what do you think the total tally on this one would be? I think your 100/300 would run out pretty quick.

The obvious part about being charged with manslaughter is a whole other story of course...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...art_river_home

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan1 View Post
      This just popped up in the local news today....tragic incident of running a red, but what do you think the total tally on this one would be? I think your 100/300 would run out pretty quick.

The obvious part about being charged with manslaughter is a whole other story of course...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...art_river_home
      Last week I was at an intersection at a red light, waiting to turn left. The intersection was in the middle of a shopping center area. When the light turned green I hesitated for 2 seconds and started to pull away when some stupid **** came rocketing through the intersection, from my left, in a black E46 coupe at about 45mph. If I had left immediately on the green, like I normally do, he would have taken the front off of my car.

I had a brief moment where I wanted to chase his ass down but a) like a dog chasing a car, I don't know what I would have actually done when I got to him and b) I had just picked up dinner and didn't want the food to get cold.

Quote Originally Posted by fbobberts View Post
      This. The cost of additional liability is so small relative to other things I would bump it to cover your asset level plus a bit. Don't forget uninsured coverage as well.
      I think uninsured motorist coverage is the most important of all.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Ù

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
      HOW DO I KNOW I'M ALIVE...I HEAR A TURBO!!!

I work with insurance every day. My advice is more pragmatic, than what you'd hear from an agent. 100/300 is pretty good, especially if it's stacked. However, if you have any assets that could be attacked if you're ever sued you need higher limits.
      I, however, am more concerned with uninsured motorist coverage, here in FL 1/4 people are uninsured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Legal Questions? Feel free to contact me: http://www.stpetersburginjurylawyers.com/ or http://www.1forjustice.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12