Test drove my first F-Type today...and it was kind of disappointing :-( - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Quote Originally Posted by BetterByDesign View Post
      I think you're trying to justify the Focus RS which is fine but comparing it to an F-type is a little much.
      Pretty sure everyone in this thread who has driven an F Type has echoed his sentiments. But lol
      2014 Ford Focus ST1 // fun
      2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES // daily
      2009 Kia Rio LX // hers

Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      Pretty sure everyone in this thread who has driven an F Type has echoed his sentiments. But lol
      Echoing similar sentiments that the F-Type should be more sport and less GT.
      Last edited by 2.0T_Convert; 06-18-2017 at 11:20 AM.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Welcome to having a car that punches way above its class :shrug:

LOL I'm not sure that the Focus RS being pretty good has a lot to do with the mediocrity of the F Type. "punching above its class".. a 35k hot hatch oughta be damn good for that kinda coin.
      Iroz Motorsport Built Engine | 034 Motorsports Catless DP | APR RSC Catback | APR Stage 2+ Tune | 034 Motorsports RARB + Shifter Bracket Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      Maybe everyone in your threads drives a focus. Oh wait. lol

Newsflash:

Hot hatches are actually more fun to drive then sports cars on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      Newsflash:

Oh, I don't know about that🤔

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      Newsflash:

It's more like hot hatches are more fun than overweight, compromised GT cars with base engines and automatic transmissions
      "Plenty of poseurs drive all sorts of sports cars, but poseurs won’t survive the Viper"-Car and Driver

I can agree with everything you said except for the sound. I still think they sound fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      I see them as GT cars. They look good and have presence and seem like they would soak up long drives effortlessly, while having some sporting intensions. More Mercedes SL like, and less Porsche 911
      I think you described the now-discontinued XK and not the F-type. I thought the F-type's seats were to uncomfortable and cabin too cramped. It wasn't any quieter than the 991's I've been in on the highway either in my experience.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyosmash View Post
      Welcome to having a car that punches way above its class :shrug:
      Pretty much this. A good fast Ford really ruins a lot of other cars for you.

The last XK (including the XKR) was a GT, had no real sports car feel. Big, plush and powerful, handled like a boat. Steering was ponderous.

The F-type, regardless of the transmission, is a real sports car. Might not be to your taste, but definitely a sports car. I found the biggest downside to it was that there is very little space in the car- the cabin is pretty small, not much storage and the luggage space is very tight. I did not find the seats to be uncomfortable. I thought the engine sounded great, both the V6 and the V8.

If you're coming from a 911, the biggest problem is that the 911 has a great balance of a lot of things- decent cabin space, luggage capacity, visibility and the performance is very accessible. I find the 911 to be one of the easiest cars to drive really fast (well, at least the 996/997/991). Other cars in the same ballpark are not as accessible or user-friendly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12