Cadillac Global Sales Rise 33.8 Percent in May
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge

My .02,

I'm behind on car related news since to the schedule from hell workload I've had, while also starting a business and being dad to 2 hell on wheels boys....

That said this may be old news to some, but I had no idea Caddy was on the upswing like this. Well done GM.

---

Cadillac globally sold 29,738 units in May 2017, an increase of 33.8 percent – driven by strong year-over-year growth in all markets. May marked the 12th consecutive month of double-digit growth for Cadillac, and continued execution of the brand’s globalization strategy.

Cadillac sales have increased 32 percent globally year to date. In the midsize luxury crossover category – the industry’s strongest segment – the sustained popularity of the acclaimed XT5 has resulted in a 43.6 percent sales increase so far in 2017. The new luxury crossover was the brand’s best seller worldwide in May, totaling 11,735 units. In addition, sales of Cadillac’s ATS sport sedan and coupe models grew 45.2 percent for the month, while the XTS luxury sedan rose 20.7 percent.

Despite continued contraction in the US market for luxury sedans, which represent the mainstay of the Cadillac product portfolio at present, Cadillac achieved strong growth in the U.S. in May, with sales increasing 9.2 percent. This was achieved due to the strong demand for the XT5 and iconic Escalade models. The average transaction price for a new Cadillac in the U.S. in May continues to remain above $54,000, the second highest amongst major luxury automotive brands.

In Asia, the brand grew over 65 percent, thanks to a robust performance in China, South Korea and Japan.

“Cadillac has earned double-digit monthly gains in global sales growth for an entire year,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Not only have we increased sales volume with the success of vehicles such as the XT5 luxury crossover, but we also continue to see consumers selecting a richer mix of models, keeping Cadillac’s average transaction prices amongst the highest for a mainstream luxury brand.”

.....PS - Did not know they were selling in Japan AND Korea. I gotta get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMRDARK View Post

.....PS - Did not know they were selling in Japan AND Korea. I gotta get out more.
      GM can't sell squat in Japan, their sales are an absolute joke there, so are FCA'a and FoMoCo gave up on the place. It's too bad this rise in sales isn't due to Caddy's new school of cars I heard they're still not selling well. I can still understand why compared to the competition but I've still heard many positive things regarding their new school or abandonment of the old sofa on wheels Caddy.
      4 BANGER 4 LIFE

They would be even more ahead if they came out with more crossovers. Stuff like the ATS was a waste of time.

Escalade and XT5 are sure an hit.

Haven't seen many CT6, ATS or CTS.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      Escalade and XT5 are sure an hit.

Haven't seen many CT6, ATS or CTS.
      In the US, when you think Cadillac, you think Escalade. They can't be selling much of anything else over here.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      In the US, when you think Cadillac, you think Escalade. They can't be selling much of anything else over here.
      I see quite a few ATS, CTS & a few CT6 here and there.
      2014 Ford Focus ST1 // fun
      2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES // daily
      2009 Kia Rio LX // hers

Good. Hopefully my resale won't be such garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Carson Fiber View Post
      GM can't sell squat in Japan, their sales are an absolute joke there, so are FCA'a and FoMoCo gave up on the place. It's too bad this rise in sales isn't due to Caddy's new school of cars I heard they're still not selling well. I can still understand why compared to the competition but I've still heard many positive things regarding their new school or abandonment of the old sofa on wheels Caddy.
      what? Did you read the thread title?

Also, why isn't this due to their cars?
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

They would sell A LOT more if they freakin' had RHD cars by now.

Good. Cadillacs product line is great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      Good. Hopefully my resale won't be such garbage.
      The cheapest ones I see are in the 17-18 range still... are you planning on selling it in around one year?
      Typical forum guy with busted third-hand cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiyokix View Post
      I like this guy, I like this guy a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by DUBPL8 View Post
      They would sell A LOT more if they freakin' fixed the gages by now.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

One month.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

The CT6 is a hell of a car... and no one cares. All customers want are CUVs or other SUV type things.
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3
      1987 Peugeot PB-18 – Manual Power
      1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

Quote Originally Posted by spoonie View Post
      The CT6 is a hell of a car... and no one cares. All customers want are CUVs or other SUV type things.
      True.
      Cadillac finally got a line up to compete with the German sedans right when... everybody stopped caring about German sedans.
      That being said- GM reaped(wasted?) the financial rewards of the US's SUV love for a long time by just slapping some leather over existing platforms.

The CT6 is actually right were it's supposed to be in both sales and ATPs.

Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      True.
      Cadillac finally got a line up to compete with the German sedans right when... everybody stopped caring about German sedans.
      That being said- GM reaped(wasted?) the financial rewards of the US's SUV love for a long time by just slapping some leather over existing platforms.
      ^^^Agreed. And Spoonie's sentiments too.

GM is late to the SUV party too...particularly Cadillac where Escalade is probably THE recognizable product. Should've made that thing in 4 different sizes by now.

As TCL knows, I love Cadillac sedans, (not too fond of the XTS, but it does serve a huge sales purpose...), but yeah, no one cares.

On a Caddy forum, member just posted a $72,500 MSRP ATS-V that he bought brand new for 50K! Homerdrool.jpg
      Current: 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (his), 2016 BMW 3 Series GT (hers)
      Past: 2008 Honda Civic Si (sold), 2012 Mustang GT (sold), 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII (sold), 2001 VW Golf 1.8T (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Minority5 View Post
      The CT6 is actually right were it's supposed to be in both sales and ATPs.
      That's great news for them. On the 'ol eye test, I've notice as many as 3 on the road since I had a presser for a week. Considering how many new A6's I see in these parts, it's a bit of a shame.
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3
      1987 Peugeot PB-18 – Manual Power
      1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

That's great news for them. On the 'ol eye test, I've notice as many as 3 on the road since I had a presser for a week. Considering how many new A6's I see in these parts, it's a bit of a shame.
      Gm obviously needs to build more in lease spec.

CT6 is a 'tweeter in both size and ATPs of the A6/A8.

Interestingly enough, it pretty much sits of the middle of both models in monthly sales YTD.

Any expectation that a model that's been on sale for a year and a half could saturate any market over a somewhat comparable model that's been on sale for 5 years seems odd.

Fortunately, what the CT6 has done is build a foundation for more upmarket vehicles that the market has actually accepted without a multi-generation investment (sedans), which any 'challenger' lux brand historically, Audi included.
      Last edited by Minority5; 06-17-2017 at 11:50 PM.