Moscow Retro Festival 2017 (Video & Photos)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge

Moscow Retro Festival 2017 (Video & Photos)

I happened to visit an interesting retro festival in Moscow, Russia during my vacation.

Unfortunately i was not able to display my car as it still needs paint and minor bodywork.

[IMG]IMG_0898 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

I already posted the video and images in my own thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...SR-car-content but figured a lot of people missed it. So i decided to make a separate thread for it.

We showed up at a later of part of the 2nd day so a lot of cars already left. Majority of the exhibits were USSR cars but quite a lot of American cars. Russians love older American cars.

I will post a video and a few photos.

[IMG]IMG_0769 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0768 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0764 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0760 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0753 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

And here is my collection of USSR automotive memorabilia (a part of the collection)

I recently dived in into the world of "older cars" and loving it. Just the feelings that new cars lack. Wish i would of done this before. Just have to buy items for collection, parts, books quicker as all of this stuff is diminishing.

Thank you you in advance, don't judge too strict.

In Soviet Russia car show comes to you!

Weak Lada representation. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by KARMANN_20V View Post
      Weak Lada representation. What gives?
      There were plenty. Well less by the time i showed up.

There are still quite a few USSR mades Ladas running around, both original in awesome condition and run down and rusted. But good luck seeing a Moskvitch (especially from the 70s). Thats why i emphasized. Plus i own own, built next to AK 47 factory with the later from end (which is not desirable yet) but in a rare body type KOMBI (which i love).

What did the red flag say?
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      What did the red flag say?
      It is a military division or a platoon flag.

Quote Originally Posted by EUROBORA8V View Post
      It is a military division or a platoon flag.
      Cool, thanks!
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      Cool, thanks!
      You welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by EUROBORA8V View Post
      There were plenty. Well less by the time i showed up.

There are still quite a few USSR mades Ladas running around, both original in awesome condition and run down and rusted. But good luck seeing a Moskvitch (especially from the 70s). Thats why i emphasized. Plus i own own, built next to AK 47 factory with the later from end (which is not desirable yet) but in a rare body type KOMBI (which i love).
      I see. Are people (read car collectors/enthusiasts) into Chaikas, Zils and the likes, or are those unobtanium? And BTW, since I was born and raised in the Communist Block (albeit further west) did Russia get any Wartburg/Dacia/FSO/Skoda/ARO etc?

Quote Originally Posted by KARMANN_20V View Post
      I see. Are people (read car collectors/enthusiasts) into Chaikas, Zils and the likes, or are those unobtanium? And BTW, since I was born and raised in the Communist Block (albeit further west) did Russia get any Wartburg/Dacia/FSO/Skoda/ARO etc?
      Yes they are! Same with GAZ 21. But it gets expensive from there on and a lot of those enthusiasts act like they own a Ferrari. There could be a few but you would never see one. I guess member of the party could bring one.

But on the other note Moscow Police Department used BMWs, Volvos and Mercedes starting late 70s. You would only see a few of them in city center.