VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Unitronic Stage 2 Issues!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  27turbocars 
#1 ·
My friend has a 2015 Audi S3 with a Unitronic stage 2 tune and stage 2 DSG tune. This thing completely blows off the tires on launch! Spins the tires completely through the first three gears..reminds me of my old Mustangs I used to own. I have a 2015 S3 that had an APR stage 2 tune and I never had that issue. I used my launch control repeatedly and all I ever got was a bark from the tires and it was off. Do you guys think he may need a custom tune? Something to limit the boost in 1st gear? I drove it today and was amazed at how uncomposed it was, kinda scary.

This isn't to bash Unitronic...I believe the two tunes are like Pepsi or Coke...you either like one or the other. I had to remove my tune and exhaust because my car was under warranty but now that it isn't I want to re flash again and was going to try Unitronic this time. I not so sure now...any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.