VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The (Official) Car Lounge Chevrolet SS Registry.

302K views 4K replies 152 participants last post by  AJB 
#1 · (Edited)
For ****s and giggles.

A lot of TCLers are grabbing these things lately, so it's time for a master thread. Check-in, and I'll add you to the list. Also, pictures - TCL loves a good whore thread.

First on the list will be Arachnotron, the first SS buyer to post about it in TCL. He has to be first. Bonus points for it being his wife's car.

1) Arachnotron (2015 Phantom Black 6MT)
2) Rabbit5GTI/NATORabbit/PizzaCat!/SuperMarioPizzaCat!/Pizza Cat!!!! (2015 Alchemy Purple 6MT) - This guy sucks
3) IdontownaVW (dead to me) - This guy sucks
4) Sold Over Sticker (2016 Some Like it Hot Red 6MT)
5) maxor (2016 Some Like it Hot Red 6MT)
6) silverxt (2015 Heron White AT)
7) automobiliben (2015 Silver Ice 6MT)
8) sicklyscott (2015 Some Like it Hot Red 6MT)
9) Buckeye(OH) (2016 Regal Peacock Green 6MT)
10) gunmike1 (2016 Heron White 6MT)
11) utekineir (2015 Perfect Blue 6MT)
12) Roberts_J (2016 Slipstream Blue 6MT)
13) H. E. Pennypacker (2017 Slipstream Blue 6MT)
14) TJSwoboda (2017 Heron White 6MT)
15) g34343greg (2017 Slipstream Blue 6MT)
16) CSRPenFab (2017 Silver Ice AT)
17) AJB (2015 Regal Peacock Green 6MT)
18) ArmenB (2017 Slipstream Blue 6MT)
19) gooberbora (2017 Orange Blast 6MT)
20) jalanrr (2016 Silver Ice 6MT)
21) Ubryaj (2017 Slipstream Blue 6MT)
22) Bolido (2017 Slipstream Blue AT)
23) GTI 2.0T/Pushrods (2017 Phantom Black 6MT) - this guy sucks
24) rowervw (2017 Phantom Black 6MT)
25) iheartphaetons (2015 Regal Peacock Green 6MT)
26) Time for an SS (2017 Nightfall Gray 6MT)

And...go!

See less See more
#530 ·
At 350 jnms that's a hell of a deal. Throw some jnms down on top of that and finance 200 jnms...

I'm going to mill this over with my better half. BRB - could dead

#541 ·
Same here on the low rate. It's all a mental thing for me, I'd rather see more jnms going into an account for college rather than sitting in a low interest savings account.

Damn, I remember the good old days of 3% ING savings. But, the credit union car note wouldn't be ~1%, though.

#604 ·
YAAASSSS.

Color and transmission pls.
Slipstream Blue Manuel. My bud is the Sales Manager and just shot me a text confirming that Drew wasn't in fact lying about doing it. :laugh:

Welcome to the club Drew!!

#606 · (Edited)
Slipstream Blue Manuel. My bud is the Sales Manager and just shot me a text confirming that Drew wasn't in fact lying about doing it. :laugh:

Welcome to the club Drew!!
Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

All of the non-sunroof cars had been snatched up already, so all that were left were different colors of sunroof & spare.

RPGM was my first choice and what I had intended to get, however upon seeing in person it was too close to black so I balked. Had it been sunnier who knows, I may have gone through with it.

Then dude pulled out the slipstream. In person this color wowed me as I was very wasa-wasa on it viewing through the browser. Even with the lot dust on it I was sold, even though my brain still needed convincing.

Here's a shot of the largest collection in the remote lot. That's (7) alone in that picture. All manuals.

They had 21 shown in inventory when I looked earlier today before heading out.

When I pulled up a silver was getting delivered/driven off to its new home.

While I was paperworking, a white sold over the phone.

When I left a gray was getting prepped for delivery.

I'll be surprised if they have any left after the weekend, honestly.

I have lots of noodling to do on how to make this work and what happens to my beloved Vololvo, but beneath all that I am very, very happy and I desperately want to make love to a school boy. Or something like that.

#555 ·
Will dealers go below the 20% off?

Mrs CP has given her blessing for a white 6mt, no options:laugh:

I am leaving tomorrow for Cap Cana for 11 days which puts a hitch in things

Damn Arkansas sales tax of 9.5% sucks though:(

#560 ·
How big an account do you have to open with a credit union to get a good loan?

#578 ·
**** a sunroof.

I would have picked up the spare given the choice but ill probably just have someone glass in a 15 inch sub in the massive spare tub sitting in my trunk empty right now.

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ.

Car is epic now. Super tame but makes noise with the flaps closed - think high performance german or 3rd gen CTSV stock? With the flaps open the over run is exponentially louder and deeper. WOT above 4k has this insane baritone roar. Can still cruise on the freeway with exhaust open with no drone or annoying volume.

I promise video soon.

#588 ·
#581 ·
You know you guys are a bad influence, right? :p A credit union loan looks like it would be a go, but I'd have to close out my Civic lease. We'll see if I can make this happen...

#584 ·
Damnit.

I go on a business trip for TWO funking DAYS and this thread blows up by 5 pages. 20% off. Damnit.

Hmm, wife has been making noises about selling the Corvette. It's a garage queen and needs work I don't have the skillz for...I doubt I could convince her to let me do this...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Or the other current TCL option...Golf R.

Either one in blue please...

Damnit!! (Did I say that yet?)

#587 ·