VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

GTG in The Ghettos of Lower Westchester

685K views 25K replies 145 participants last post by  T.Pego 
#1 · (Edited)
Tuesday Nights GTG in The Ghettos of Lower Westchester

Modified by infamous20V at 4:08 PM 2-26-2007

#20,224 ·
Re: (Dreizehn)

The blues are kinda easy to catch this time of year, just look for the boils. What was your biggest?
Nonetheless, sick catch, some of those stripers look nice. How long were you out for? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#20,225 ·
Re: (RuffDice)

we were out all morning. 6am we left and got back to the docks around noon. the blues were getting hooked 4 at a time, but i prefer to eat those over stripe bass anyway, so im happy about the catch. stripers were a lot harder to find. most of them we had to dump because they were under 28". we didnt weigh them, but i'd say the largest one wasnt over 60lbs. i'll be going again late september/early october in hopes of some bigger ones, but for now my freezer is full.

#20,236 ·
Re: (infamous20V)

I wouldn't suggest anything from Long Island Sound... especially Bridgeport Harbor where I go.

#20,237 ·
Re: (infamous20V)

Quote, originally posted by infamous20V »

you gotta know how to cook it

The only dude I know that eats bluefish is Romanian. Everyone else I go fishing with says bluefish sucks...very oily and "fishy"-tasting. F that. Next. Only very hungry people eat that ****.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.