VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Austin Area GTGs

2M views 38K replies 483 participants last post by  Vegeta Gti 
#1 · (Edited)
Austin Area GTGs n stuff.

WELCOME TO THE AUSTIN AREA VW/AUDI GTG THREAD

This thread goes pretty quick and is sometimes hard to follow but if you're a VW/Audi enthusiast and want to get involved with the VW/Audi community in the area then hit reply and introduce yourself!

We have weekly get togethers at the Draught House Pub (DH) every Tuesday night at 8pm.

The DH is on the corner of 42nd and Medical Pkwy. We usually park across the street so we can all back in next to each other. Photo ops yo! :pic:

MAP

See less See more
#21 ·
Re: (Blindrun)

Okay here is what I am throwing out there iron rock raceway 6:30pm so everyone that works can come and gtg @8-8:30ish at the Albertsons in Pflugerville.Atx where is the autocross at?I was going to go to the bugout but may change my mind would like to dial in the new suspension setup.

Modified by cant get a password at 3:59 PM 10-17-2006

#22 ·
Re: (cant get a password)

Its in san antonio, at&t center, but the registration closes tonight, and unless they have your insurance info on file they won't let you race.

You can see what events are coming up on here http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?view=2
If there is interest I'll post up more info on upcoming races. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by atxtj at 6:10 PM 10-17-2006

#25 ·
Re: (atxtj)

Quote, originally posted by atxtj »
I see three different locales for the upcoming GTG? where is it going to be and what time.
I can't stay out late as I have to get up a few hours before the crack of dawn.

Place: The Best Buy @ Lakeline Mall.
That is from the top of the thread. It seems to be the spot most people agreed on. I think there's only one dude that wants it in Pflugerville. And I'm not sure what the other spot was.
Anyway, it seems to be the most logical place geographically speaking. I don't think there will be a problem with authorities as long as no one does anything stupid.

#27 ·
Re: (cant get a password)

Quote, originally posted by cant get a password »
Cool let me know prior to next time I will go for sure.Try to make it out this weekend I am trying to get a gtg in p-ville going.

Oh, the next race I'm going to will be on nov. 12 either in san ant. or in bryan. Havent decided yet. let me know if you wanna go and I will give you all the info you need to get signed up and registered.

What time is the GTG. 8:00pm?

#28 ·
all i know is that last saturday we had the trial run and it worked very well. no drama. few guys. cool dubs. I also found out that my car will get up on three wheels like the old gti's. very exciting. My fear about p-ville is that the asian import crowd has founded a place in that vicinity and i don't want the staggelers to confuse the groups.

Modified by abbeybluegti at 4:02 AM 10-18-2006

#33 ·
Re: (Blindrun)

Why is the meet so far north west?
Cedar park is way out of the way but for 4 people?
We used to meet at Cabana, but that's sort of bust.. so we should find something else CENTRAL. But what do I know? I haven't been running the austin based vw forum or trying to get a unified group of people back together for the last 6 years or anything.

#35 ·
Re: (Grey Mouser)

Quote, originally posted by Grey Mouser »
Why is the meet so far north west?
Cedar park is way out of the way but for 4 people?
We used to meet at Cabana, but that's sort of bust.. so we should find something else CENTRAL. But what do I know? I haven't been running the austin based vw forum or trying to get a unified group of people back together for the last 6 years or anything.

I don't think anyone was stepping up to do anything, that is why Jakko stepped in. I think there are a number of people in the NW side of town, and it isn't any different for the Killeen guys to get to Best Buy than it was Cabana. I think everyone would like to be able to meet up close to their house, but that won't happen for everyone. I know the p-ville guys would like something closer to their neck of the woods, but a couple of people have mentioned the "fast & furious" crowd that could migrate over and risk messing up something. This thread has been going back and forth for a week and I have seen a few more hits from newer guys that I have never (or hardly) seen on here. Maybe it is time for a fresh start so we can all find a unified place to meet. If there is a better, central location, mention it. Where do you suggest?
I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but what is the big deal with meeting at the Best Buy lot?

#36 ·
Re: (Zwei Dubs)

I personally don't mind driving my car across town

Last time I went to Cabana, the "fast and furious" started to swing in. Not that I don't like hot STis its just the kind of people that they tend to bring. We should try for BB but might want to start thinking about a new spot.
I am off Enfield (Campus/Downtown area)

#37 ·
Re: (go337go)

Guys, I just posted up the Best Buy location because it has enough room and it was easy for a quick lets get something going thing. Im totally in favor of a more central location and have been searching the area for good places. When we meet up on Saturday we should discuss other options. As of now, the TCs are kinda being overrun with the fast and furious. I really like the 360/183 location but now there is a rentacop that patrols the TC and surrounding area.http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

#38 ·
In all honesty the central austin area sucks for meet locations. We could try a grocery store but i think getting people out and meeting everybody is great. remeber that bby is just the meeting spot. We can always cruise to get food or take pictures or watch me do cart wheels. i applaud jacob for trying to get everyone together. There are some hot cars that i have been seeing around that i would love to see standing still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.