Sadly, the veyron has been dethroned by the SSC
V8 twin turbo
1,183-horsepower and 1094 ft.-lbs. of torque
255.83 mph

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/

Modified by elevine17 at 9:02 PM 9-18-2007

See less See more
#104 ·
If it wasn't for German's you would have anything related to automobiles, and the Space Program, oh...and Classical music.
For years Car & Driver would always compare Porsche 911 to Corvettes, HELLO...... one car is a 6 cylinder the other 8.
Don't let me remind you that Audi was banned from racing because they had an underpower AWD car racing V-8. Shall I continue. Ford's success with cars is attributed to Mazda, except for their trucks, that we have done right.

#105 ·
I think the old 250+mph car some of you are thinking of is the Callaway Corvette Sledge-hammer, 254.76mph in 1988 (I remember being astounded at the speed difference over the other supercars when it first came out!).
http://www.fastcoolcars.com/ca...r.htm
Any car mentioned here is mega slow compared to the Bloodhound SSC, now thats one car i'd love to drive (ok its not a road car but its gonna be f"££$%in mental).
http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/

#108 ·
Re: Goodbye Veyron (d-roll30471)

Quote, originally posted by d-roll30471 »
The SSC looks like complete crap compared to the Veyron. I don't care if the SSC had 2000 hp, I would still much rather get a Veyron, even if I had to spend a few more hundred thousand.

totally agree. the bugatti is just beautiful. plus i wonder if the SSC can keep the interior quite at 200mph

#114 ·
Re: Re: (ghostmouse899)

Quote, originally posted by ghostmouse899 »
i love the gatti. and it costs them close to 8million$ to build one i believe. so it makes sense its so expensive.

you got your facts all ****ed up man. there is no way a company could build a car for $8million and turn around and sell it for less then $2million and survive longer then the sale of one car

#116 ·
Re: Re: (ghostmouse899)

Quote, originally posted by ghostmouse899 »
i love the gatti. and it costs them close to 8million$ to build one i believe. so it makes sense its so expensive.

Modified by ghostmouse899 at 2:19 AM 9-22-2009

HA! maybe 8mil in R&D for development of the car but no way it cost 8 mil to build one that's lunacy.. it would need a diamond encrusted frame to cost that much to build. I would also like to point out I drove a vehicle that cost 2.8 million dollars buuut it only did 80mph and it looked like this
but who cares about mph when you have a 50 strapped on the roof...

#125 ·
Re: (jnesta21)

Quote, originally posted by jnesta21 »
. oh, and by the way, back in the early 90's or very late 80's, there was a car that could top out at over 270mph. i dont remember what its called, but google it and ill bet u any money u will find something on the car.

Sledgehammer Corvette .. not 270, but over 250mph! .. pretty incredible. Check out the video on YouTube.
.. everyone has their own tastes. The Bugatti is a phenomenal car. Yeah, it uses fuel like no other, but going 400km/h for 12 minutes? When will you EVER do that? Let alone having the space? ..
.. I remember as a kid that supercars were the likes of a Diablo or 959 or F40. But now, with 4-digit power levels, these things are quite the pieces of engineering marvel! Recession? Maybe .. but why are these car being built even more psychotic? .. the Pagani Zonda R is a masterpiece as well. Styling is all personal and what each expects from a car.
Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.