Garage/Man Cave Pics - Page 98
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798
    Results 2,426 to 2,441 of 2441

There was a post earlier on with a hoist system for overhead storage. I chose to go with a Harbor Freight electic hoist to store my rooftop box.
      CLICK * POINT * CHUTE

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's very easy, pretty cheap, and pretty quick to test... You might as well take the safe route.

I took diy samples, then mailed them to the lab.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

it happened. this is maxed out height wise for this car with the locks engaged. it could go a few inches higher but the locks wouldnt be able to engage. couldnt be happier.

Untitled by tim wilson, on Flickr

my ceiling conveniently is the max height for the cylinders too

Instagram! @freedo70
      Quote Originally Posted by stevegolf View Post
      You could buy a high tech fleshlight that'll take you from zero to jizz in 3 seconds, but wouldn't you rather take your time and enjoy the experience?
      #FREEPATRIKMAN

My friend just finished building his garage. I don’t get jealous much, but this did it.

tried the other 2 cars out. it gets jumpy going up so I gotta fix that as it makes the lift shake a ton. also had the one side lower and the other side not issue which is probably the same issue

Instagram! @freedo70
      You could buy a high tech fleshlight that'll take you from zero to jizz in 3 seconds, but wouldn't you rather take your time and enjoy the experience?
      #FREEPATRIKMAN

Quote Originally Posted by freedo84gti View Post
      tried the other 2 cars out. it gets jumpy going up so I gotta fix that as it makes the lift shake a ton. also had the one side lower and the other side not issue which is probably the same issue
      Assuming this is a hydraulic system, it could be air in the hydraulic lines. For my little Quickjack lift, that jumpiness means you need to Bleed the system.
      Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      I don't need a bar or chandeliers in my garage, but is that a real RSR?

Quote Originally Posted by t44tq View Post
      I don't need a bar or chandeliers in my garage, but is that a real RSR?
      It’s a clone. But a good one!

definitely extra points for the cardboard box under the car.
      "Family of Fine Cars"

My friend just finished building his garage. I don’t get jealous much, but this did it.

I want to move into that garage.

Seems like the dream bachelor pad.

Assuming this is a hydraulic system, it could be air in the hydraulic lines. For my little Quickjack lift, that jumpiness means you need to Bleed the system.
      Looks good!
      from what im reading if there is air in the system it will just lift uneavenly. I think its because this uses plastic slider blocks instead of bearings to ride the inside channel and it needs to be greased up good or I heard the paint on the inside causes it to stick no matter how much grease you put on it. will grease today and try that as I have a car im picking up today to yank the engine out of. I do want to do what a lot of people do and get custom hoses made so I can wall mount the pump and have the hoses go up to the ceiling so they are not a tripping hazard
      Last edited by freedo84gti; 07-26-2020 at 06:19 AM.
      Instagram! @freedo70
      #FREEPATRIKMAN

Updates

• Installed more electrical outlets along with a 14-50 plug for EV charging. Was also able to keep the unused dryer 10-30 outlet, so could charge 2 cars simultaneously.
      • Hung the remaining cabinets and cut the bamboo worktop to fit in the corner.
      • Drywall installed/repaired and painted.
      • Repainted door to the house and installed new closer, hinges, and bottom threshold seal.
      • Mounted TV

Pro cabinets over the washer/dryer along with SS sink.

While I had the Pro cabinets over the washer/dryer, I felt limited on depth for the other wall. So I purchased the Bold 42" locker cabinet/project center.

With the locker sitting on the "curb" and mounted flush to the wall, the slope of the garage floor tilts the project center forward and sticks out in front of the cabinet. I've thought about either installing adapter plates for the casters to level the project center or ramp/s for it to roll onto. If anyone has run into this issue, I'd love to see what you came up with.

New electrical outlets on this wall. Going to put some slat wall above so can't hang my poster yet.

Some overall shots:

2019 Subaru Ascent | 2016 VW GTI S | 2010 Audi A4 Avant S-Line | PAST: 2006 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Scion xB, 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T, 2003 BMW M3, 1986 MB 190E 2.3-16

If you don’t plan on rolling that project center could you replace the casters with leveling feet?

Upgraded my lighting today from 2 60 watt incandescent bulbs. Now to finish the walls and ditch the wood stove for natural gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zman86 View Post
      Upgraded my lighting today from 2 60 watt incandescent bulbs. Now to finish the walls and ditch the wood stove for natural gas.

So you're the reason why we can't see the stars at night any longer.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 doors View Post
      If you don’t plan on rolling that project center could you replace the casters with leveling feet?
      Unfortunately, the mounting locations on the bottom don't match with the provided leveling feet for the other cabinets, so it would still have to be a custom bracket. I could put the back up on the curb and that would only require 2 front brackets instead of 4. I like the idea of being able to roll it around, but have to be honest with myself that it would sit in that spot 99.9% of the time.
      2019 Subaru Ascent | 2016 VW GTI S | 2010 Audi A4 Avant S-Line | PAST: 2006 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Scion xB, 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T, 2003 BMW M3, 1986 MB 190E 2.3-16

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798