VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

*** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing ***

187K views 190 replies 67 participants last post by  CTS Turbo 
#1 · (Edited)

725USD SHIPPED!
The Kinetic Motorsport FMIC Kit for the VW MKIV 1.8T (Golf/GTI/Jetta) is an excellent upgrade for any stock or modified cars. This kit provides significant cooling improvement compared to the competition, and substantial cooling benefits over the factory setup. Improvements can be attributed to the high density intercooler core, and cast aluminium end tanks 24x8x3" core. Each pipe in this kit has been "bead rolled" so you don't have to worry about your boost tubes blowing off or leaking. If that wasn't enough for you, this kit also uses stainless steel piping, 4ply silicon couplers and stainless steel T-Bolt clamps.
Note: If you're interested in maintaining the sleeper look, rest assured the stock bumper grilles can be installed on Golf/GTI/Jettta with minimal trimming.We use a 24x8x3" bar and plate FMIC core with 4 ply silicon couplers, our T-bolt clamps are stainless steel, and the FMIC pipes are all bling bling stainless too. The FMIC is available with black, blue or red silicon at this time.
If you have any questions post them up here, or shoot me an IM, or if you'd like to place an order feel free to do so on the online store:
Buy now at the Online Store
2003 GTi with Kinetic FMIC Kit - pic courtesy of Eric @ Flexyourhead

GT2871R Jetta with Kinetic FMIC Kit - pics courtesy of Mike Z of Unitronic

Cheers

Clay

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (Wizard-of-OD)

i need something for my car.. my only option is a driver side manifold. i have the pag parts bottom mount, and i want to say minimal piping, and dont really want a driver side intake manifold. but with the MAF i have that large inlet so clocking the turbo up isnt possible..

#4 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (boosted b5)

I thought the turbo stuck out more with that mani hmm. Kit diffinitly looked better on the mk3. Did they use a different turbo inlet? Also this kit comes with a way too reroute the oil breather?

#5 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (Budsdubbin)

Quote, originally posted by Wizard-of-OD »
NOOB!!!

haha, thanks wizz
Quote, originally posted by Budsdubbin »
I thought the turbo stuck out more with that mani hmm. Kit diffinitly looked better on the mk3. Did they use a different turbo inlet? Also this kit comes with a way too reroute the oil breather?

what MK3 are you talking about

#8 ·
Re: (Headlessmunky)

Quote, originally posted by Headlessmunky »
What Do you do about management for this?

It works with stock management, you just bolt it on and go, no engine management mods are necessary. It will just optimize your current setup. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#12 ·
Re: (dallas04gli)

Quote, originally posted by dallas04gli »
if i upgade turbos (apr stage 3+) in the future will i need a totally diff fmic? and also will this fit with a neuspeed strut tower brace?

You should be able to run it with an APR stage 3+ setup. Clearing the strut tower brace i'm not entirely sure, But if you planning on going with a BT someday, whatever you do, don't get a FMIC that uses the stock style piping, or else you'll be buying another FMIC kit sooner than later.

#14 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (T-TownTT)

Quote, originally posted by T-TownTT »
will this piping work for a fwd 180 audi tt? Just curious as Im in the market for fmic and dont want to switch IM quite yet...thanks!

For the most part the piping should work, but keep in mind its designed for a Golf/GTi/Jetta, so some of the pipes coming to and from the bumper area may need to be tweaked/modified to fit your application.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#15 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (Clay @ CTS Turbo)

actually its on the kinetic site the video of the 91 GTI 344whp

#16 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (Budsdubbin)

Quote, originally posted by Budsdubbin »
actually its on the kinetic site the video of the 91 GTI 344whp

The Youtube video of the 50trim equipped MK2 1.8T 344whp is actualy on the CTS Turbo website, if it's on the Kinetic website they must have hijacked it.
http://www.ctsturbo.com/produc....html
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#18 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (bluebora_1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by bluebora_1.8t »
are FMICs even really worth it? what do they do, just cool the engine down even more? im debating getting one at the moment...

They basically maintain a more consistent intake charge temperature, so your 1st pull is equivalent in power to your 10th pull. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#20 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (bluebora_1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by bluebora_1.8t »
horsepower gains? sorry im a noob in the FMIC field

Well lets put it this way, if you did 10 consecutive pulls on a stock SMIC with a chip you'd probably lose 20+ HP between the first to last run.
With this FMIC you would have minimal losses if any at all. I have seen intercooler cores that compete with this product, and they are not very impressive, and I'm franklly suprised people buy them for the price they charge.
This is a very good FMIC for the price.

#22 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (PimpMyRide)

Quote, originally posted by PimpMyRide »
any specials on IC piping? I am pretty local and I could drive up there if you can piece together a kit for me
I already have a core.

Sorry X, we dont sell the piping seperately

#23 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (Clay @ CTS Turbo)

Quote, originally posted by Clay @ CTS Turbo »
[GT2871R Jetta with Kinetic FMIC Kit - pics courtesy of Mike Z of Unitronic

Not to hijack much but what bumper is that? Looks great! How does this intercooler compare to the Eurojet fmic? Do you offer black piping/silicone hoses?

#24 ·
Re: *** Kinetic 1.8T FMIC Kit Special Pricing *** (bbeach)

Quote, originally posted by bbeach »

Not to hijack much but what bumper is that? Looks great! How does this intercooler compare to the Eurojet fmic? Do you offer black piping/silicone hoses?

It comes with black, red or blue silicon, the intercooler is the best bang for the buck, and it has great quality as you can see in the pictures, nice welds, good silicon, nice clamps and a great core.
For 725usd shipped its hard to beat.
cheers

#25 ·
I think the bumper looks like ****. I hate the way that thing bulges in the canter and reflections get all distorted.
anyway, you price sounds excellent. I have helped a friend install eurojets fmic on his 337 and did the trimming. what kind of trimming is necessary for keeping the stock look?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.