VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your mk1 today?

1M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  chi1337 
#1 · (Edited)
What did you do to yuor mk1 today?

I have seen this thread in the sciroccos thought it was neat,but yet a thread was not over here.
I straighten out my roof and removed surface rust.Added a little primer.Stage one.

Hope this catches on. I will add pics but I need to get my lap top on line.
Happy Dubbn.:cool:
Nice to see that this thread is going on strong.:D

#28 ·
Re: What did you do to yuor mk1 today? (ashleyroemk1)

pulled interior and cleaned, fixed shifter.
Just picked it up this past week so I got a looooooong road ahead of me.

#32 ·
Re: What did you do to yuor mk1 today? (ashleyroemk1)

Quote, originally posted by ashleyroemk1 »
drove the diesel for the second time since i put it on the road &took off the snow flakes and put the RA's on.
gave the cabby a bath, then it immediately rained after.

and this is my pet peeve with MA weather... for once, please just rain all week, and be sunny for 2 stinking weekend days.........please?

#34 ·
Re: What did you do to yuor mk1 today? (run'nRabbit)

Quote, originally posted by run’nRabbit »

and this is my pet peeve with MA weather... for once, please just rain all week, and be sunny for 2 stinking weekend days.........please?

i just got off vacation and for thr 6 days i was off it was BEAUTIFUL and then the day i go back to work it rained. i was like hell yes, thats how it's suppose to be.

#38 ·
Re: What did you do to yuor mk1 today? (volks25)

walked outside stered at it,I wished I had money for primer.They can put a robot on Jupider,but cant take a 15$ payment of my atm the same day.Some thing is wrong with this picture.
And I got the day off.

#40 ·
Re: (urogolf)

Looked at it and apologized for not being able to work on it.

But, on the plus side, it looks like I've completed the Vanagon. Drove OK last night. Keeping an eye on it and my fingers crossed, though. After all, it IS a Vanagon

#42 ·
Re: (aliendub)

Set the 'rocco headlight buckets on the over-extended front bumper, and ooogled... then thought about pulling the 8v, and starting the swap... then drank a beer, and built the jig to build my airplane wing instead.