VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your mk1 today?

1M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  Seomobster 
#1 · (Edited)
What did you do to yuor mk1 today?

I have seen this thread in the sciroccos thought it was neat,but yet a thread was not over here.
I straighten out my roof and removed surface rust.Added a little primer.Stage one.

Hope this catches on. I will add pics but I need to get my lap top on line.
Happy Dubbn.:cool:
Nice to see that this thread is going on strong.:D

#11,300 · (Edited)
I snipped off the end of the WG reference line as it was slightly crispy. Overboosting is gone and it’s holding firm @7psi now. Just need to solve for the sound though. I’ll pull the Turbo cold side pipe and check the shaft. It’s a pain to get to and requires removing a lot of stuff so have to wait to next weekend. Runs awesome otherwise at least.

#10,180 ·
Pulled this raggity old B into the shop last week before leaving for vacation. I had to fill the fuel hardlines up with carb clean and PB to soften up whatever was clogging the lines. Got all the blockage out after work today! Something went flying into my gun bench at 95psi! Now to figure out what to use for a fuel pump. The Facet, or the Carter. I’ve got a Holley 12-804 pressure regulator.

#10,193 ·
Cut the rusty banged up flares off so that the 14"s can fit. 6" rocketbunny style flares gona get welded up as soon as I get an extra $160 (never at this pace) 12 years in with this turd truck hahahaha. This project is inspired by some really ridiculous Datsun rally car builders at RHD Imports and by the Crome N Kandy lowrider crowd in Spokane. This is not one for the purists or rebuilders. This build is for the crazy imagination off the wall ridiculous garage dreamers and the butcher shop wrongdoers. Its more ok to chop things up nowadays more than ever. For any haters reading this: it really hurt me to cut into this truck, but its a rust bucket and has been stolen and crashed twice and has been everybodys moms borrow truck whenever anyone I knew didnt have a vehicle. Its silly that I am taking precautions against online bullying before anyone even says theyre getting popcorn out or calling a german vehicle build an asian racial slurr but Ive dealt with plenty of hate other forums where I wanted to be a part of and have left 100% because of hate. So please just accept it as it is. Saying all that....this thing will be getting lambo doors and already has a full 2.5" exhaust. It is a 1.6 diesel with 940,000 miles on it and an original 4 on the floor.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#10,194 ·
Its silly that I am taking precautions against online bullying before anyone even says theyre getting popcorn out or calling a german vehicle build an asian racial slurr but Ive dealt with plenty of hate other forums where I wanted to be a part of and have left 100% because of hate. So please just accept it as it is.
Definitely not my style, but it's your truck, so have at it!

#10,221 ·
Made a custom holder for my airlift controller. My center vent had a chip out of the side and its been loose forever. I also don’t have a/c so the vent is esthetic and useless. So I made a cover out of some more spalted maple and mounted the controller in it. I used my router to cut out an inset so i could set the controller down in the cover. Very happy with the results
Car Plant Motor vehicle Steering wheel Vehicle

Rectangle Font Beige Fashion accessory Metal

Wood Rectangle Communication Device Hardwood Wood stain

Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car Bumper

#10,343 ·
Sort of annoyed. My previous coworker stackthe seats so that the base was sitting on the seat. Not smart enough to pit it headrest down. Bad on me for assuming he would figure that out also being someone into cars…

hopefully i can figure out a way to brush it out or something. Or maybe its just good incentive to eventually customize the fabric

Automotive tire Automotive design Wood Road surface Synthetic rubber

on the plus side. They have electric bases. Missing parts but possibly could restore rhat feature