964 porsche, lets talk about them - Page 48
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
    Results 1,176 to 1,186 of 1186
      I wouldn't say it is a "steal" for a '90 cab.

That said, interesting color does win it some points. I'd make sure to see what records they have about the car.

Definitely paying a premium cause it is at a dealer. When I bought mine back in 2013, I didn't bother with a PPI, but for that kind of money, I definitely would do one.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dubjager View Post
      I wouldn't say it is a "steal" for a '90 cab.

That said, interesting color does win it some points. I'd make sure to see what records they have about the car.
      I don't know man, the 964 market seems to just be a freight train lately. When I say "steal" I certainly mean it relatively. Sucks for me. One more old car that I could own if I were born 5 years earlier, but now costs a years salary for a good one.
      1998 m3, Technoviolet/anthrazit cloth, 114k and officially worthless.
      2000 323i touring, Titanium silver/grey, 163k and officially boring
      1989 m3, Alpineweiss/schwarz, 142k and officially old

Went and drove it on Saturday. What a cool car to drive but this one needed a lot of work. Suspension and brakes definitely needed refreshed, the top didn't function at all, power steering seemed to come and go at parking lot speeds, and misc small trim pieces missing. On top of all that they had a list of leaks they had found during their inspection.

I made what I thought was a fair offer due to all the work needed but it doesn't look like we'll come to terms. Unfortunate because it's a very cool color and overall pretty darn clean for a 1990 but I think the price is high for all the works that needs done.

Unfortunately any 40k 964 is really a 60k 964 anyways. Sounds about right.
      1998 m3, Technoviolet/anthrazit cloth, 114k and officially worthless.
      2000 323i touring, Titanium silver/grey, 163k and officially boring
      1989 m3, Alpineweiss/schwarz, 142k and officially old

Picked up this C4 a couple of weeks ago. Bone stock. Full service history. No accidents. Original paint.

Spent the past couple of weeks dialing it in: KW V3 coilovers, FVD Cup wheels, RS fog light blanks, Clubsport steering wheel, g-pipe, cat bypass + resonator, SW chip, FD SSK, paint correction, and a bunch of other various little things.

The end result? I got an exceptional deal on the car and my original plan was to drive it for the summer and flip it, but at this point I'd rather sell the RS. In other words: the 964 is going no where.

(and yes, I'm bumping an old thread but these cars deserve better than to be buried on page 1924)
      Past: 997.2 C2S, 997.2 GT3
      Present: 991.1 GT3RS (PTS)
      Future: Carrera GT

Quote Originally Posted by 997 View Post
      Picked up this C4 a couple of weeks ago. Bone stock. Full service history. No accidents. Original paint.

Spent the past couple of weeks dialing it in: KW V3 coilovers, FVD Cup wheels, RS fog light blanks, Clubsport steering wheel, g-pipe, cat bypass + resonator, SW chip, FD SSK, paint correction, and a bunch of other various little things.

(and yes, I'm bumping an old thread but these cars deserve better than to be buried on page 1924)
      The most worthy of bumps. Congrats! I miss my 3.2 swapped 911SC. There's just something so right about a well-set up air-cooled car as a street car. Balanced, comfortable, communicative, and brilliant to drive without punishing you. Plus you can enjoy them on a good road without having to do triple digits just to feel something - like so many modern sports cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by sosumi on the B6 S4 V8
      It sounds like a giant shotgun and then like a bunch of ground up Yugo's in a cement mixer followed by weeks of silence interspersed by wails from the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenB View Post
      There's just something so right about a well-set up air-cooled car as a street car. Balanced, comfortable, communicative, and brilliant to drive without punishing you. Plus you can enjoy them on a good road without having to do triple digits just to feel something - like so many modern sports cars.
      Very well said
      Brad Beardow

Save the 964 before Singer and Sooner snag them all!

Cat bypass...aren't you in CA?

Great job! Good luck with your deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      Save the 964 before Singer and Sooner snag them all!
      Agreed! I feel like there will come a day where a stock, great condition, low mileage 964 and not an RS or RS America model will worth MORE than a Singer.

997 great pick up! Enjoy the car, which shouldn't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisA View Post
      I feel like there will come a day where a stock, great condition, low mileage 964 and not an RS or RS America model will worth MORE than a Singer.
      Whoa, there. Stock 964s are great cars, but let's not get crazy.

It's actually an interesting thought, but I think if you look even at more pedestrian options it doesn't hold out. What stock classic BMW is worth more than an Alpina derivative of that model? What stock W124 300E is worth more than an AMG Hammer? It's a less-direct corollary, but what stock 1965 Mustang is worth more than a Shelby GT350? Personally I can't see it ever happening.
      Quote Originally Posted by sosumi on the B6 S4 V8
      It sounds like a giant shotgun and then like a bunch of ground up Yugo's in a cement mixer followed by weeks of silence interspersed by wails from the owner.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748