VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2013 EOS...Lubrication of Roof Seals....How often?

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  jszucs 
#1 ·
I have read a lot about this and most is from the 2007, 2008 model years, some say every 6 mos., some VW dealers I understand do this on delievery. The 2013 owners manuals maintenance schedule is every 40,000 miles. Were the seals improved in later years so maintenance is less? Does anyone know the story here?

#2 ·
This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Lubricating roof seals

I read everything on this thread for my new (to me) 2012 EOS. No leads but I didn't know the history so I bought Krylon from eBay. cheapest I could find. Bought 1/2 oz. in Jan and applied it in about an hour and used it all up. I then bought a 1oz bottle of same stuff from a different seller and applied it again in May in about 30 min and used about 1/2 oz. I will do it every 6 months or so now that I know how to do it and how easy it is.

#7 ·
Manual says 6 month when you put away for winter and bring out in spring. You can tell by look feel when it needs it. If they look dull white shrunken it needs it and it will suck it up if not been done. It used alot less my 2nd time. I recommend letting the seals open to suck it up and do it hot in the sun. Yes it burns your finger but keep working it into the seals and leave open and you will see them puff up. Do it whenever dull or need cleaned good. Or if it rains allot or you wash use car washes alot ect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.