VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your MKVII today?

3M views 17K replies 2K participants last post by  skills25 
#1 ·
Every other section has one of these and since people are starting to take delivery I thought we should have one here too.

I'll start....

I didn't do anything today but I ordered my car Thursday and should have it by the end of July. :beer:

#2 ·
No one is doing anything to their cars? :screwy:

#7 ·
Bought some extra water / meth mix

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#8 · (Edited)
Today I added Monster Mats. So far all I've done is 5% tint all around (minus the windshield and tiny windows) and tinkered with the LED license plate light. Tried to swap out the one from my 2012 GTI and that throws the error code and tried these "error free" ones, also showing error code. http://www.amazon.com/Jtech-9x5050-...0+9x5050+SMD+LED+CANBUS+Error+Free+Light+Bulb
They do work in my fiancé's 2012 Touareg though just fine. Go figure. :banghead:

#9 ·
Today I added Monster Mats. So far all I've done is 5% tint all around (minus the windshield and tiny windows) and tinkered with the LED license plate light. Tried to swap out the one from my 2012 GTI and that throws the error code and tried these "error free" ones, also showing error code. http://http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JE5R82/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1 They do work in my fiancé's 2012 Touareg though just fine. Go figure. :banghead:
My monster mats are on order - definitely looking forward to getting those. Also need to make an appointment to get my windows tinted. Probably going to 30% all around (maybe 15% on the hatch). Was curious about those small A pillar windows. Looks like nobody's had any luck tinting those. I wonder if it could be done from the outside somehow?

And definitely planning on LED license plate lights, but I'll wait a bit and see whats needed to avoid the error code.

#15,165 ·
Jeez, I was on page 1 of this thing? Waiting again. Got rid of my GTI in Jan 2016, drove a B5 S4 til now. Just had my credit app approved to buy another MK7. Trendline 5spd. Dealer is trying to track down a silk blue for me but it isn't easy apparently. Dealer will be installing 18" OZ Rally Racing wheels in white with the VW sport springs.

#16 ·
I didn't do anything. It was raining all day :mad:

#17 ·
I got my windows tinted. The place I use asked me what I wanted to do with the small window since I might have issues with it bubbling in the future and they recommended they put a piece over it on the outside, which I agreed with, so they put a small, matte black piece over it. Looks great. 15%.

#18 ·
Love what they did with the front window section... Is it plastic?

#19 ·
Or tint?

#32 ·
The tint guy (does all tint for my particular dealer) was confident at first but later found he couldn't get in with his hand or squeegee to tint them =/ It was his first MkVII so he didn't expect those windows. Said he'll think of a solution and if he comes up with one on another 7 down the road he'll let me know.

I wonder, does an external tint exist for cars?

#28 ·
Got her tinted today and installed my monster mats and cargo liner. Also washed and thoroughly waxed her for the first time.

Just after tint and still filthy:

After the first proper detail. This paint just comes alive with some good wax. In love with the color.

#41 ·
Congrats to everyone picking up their cars. Can't wait to get mine next month!

#43 ·
Good to see a familiar name. :thumbup:

Also, can't wait to see who out of the rest of the "historic crew" will be moving into the MK7 and staying committed to the brand.