VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The MK1 Parts List

124K views 130 replies 69 participants last post by  rabbitnothopper 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get a list compiled of all of the sites where MK1 parts are available or are sites that are MK1 specific. I believe that this would be a very useful thread for everyone searching for everything MK1 related.

Add as many as you want and I will edit this post with the links you guys provide. :thumbup: Hopefully it can be placed with the FAQ.

PARTS:

http://nothingleavesstock.com - Custom bits, fabrication work
www.rabbitparts.com - Restoration parts.
www.klokkerholmusa.com/servlet/StoreFront - Another great resource for restoration parts.
www.germanautoparts.com - Start here first!
www.scientificrabbit.com - Ported intake manifolds and other great info.
oldskoolvw.com - Custom door cards, shifters, axle plates, etc. :thumbup:
rapidparts.com - General maintenance parts.
stores.ebay.com/Mk1-Autohaus - Moogie; Lots of NOS parts.
www.partsplaceinc.com
techtonicstuninginc.com - Exhausts, cams, valves, heads, etc. Everything you need for 8V's and 16V's
www.parts4vws.com - Great supplier of OEM parts.
www.vw-classicparts.com - A great source for OEM parts.
www.mtmfg.com
www.scch-heads.com - Cylinder heads, custom fabs, and replica Berg Cup kits.
www.performance-cafe.com
www.bildon.com - Racing equipment.
www.gprparts.com - OEM parts.
www.volkswarenhaus.de - Some OEM and repro parts.
www.typ-17.de - OEM and repro.
www.autotech.com - Suspension and other good stuff.
www.golfmk1.co.uk/index.htm - Crazy Quiff's: UK based VW Mk1 Golf parts.
www.autohausaz.com/ - Parts by VW part number.
stores.ebay.de/Racingteam-Hofmann-RTH - BBS replacement parts, located in Germany.
www.orchideuro.com/
www.carburetion.com - Specializes in carbs.
www.bahnbrenner.com - Lots of performance parts.
www.mjmautohaus.com - Performance parts.
www.blackforestindustries.com
www.vintagerubber.com - A good source for window seals.
www.performance-trim.com - Bankrupt. No longer available.
www.autolamps-online.com - HID upgrades.
www.42draftdesigns.com - Good source for VDO gauges, pods and LED's.
www.superbrightleds.com - Another source for LED's w/decent prices.
www.nhspeedometer.com/ - VDO gauge rebuilds and customization.
busdepot.com
www.worldimpex.com\
www.vwheritage.com/bbt/Home/?templateID=bbt - Various body repair panels and other mk1 parts. Uk based.
www.twminduction.com/ - ITB's
www.usrallyteam.com - ITBs, cranks, cams, exhaust etc.
www.mcmaster.com - Fasteners.
www.performance-trim.com/index.html - Carbon Fiber pieces (hood, roof, fenders, hatch, etc).
www.autopowerindustries.com - Rollcages, braces, misc. racing equipment.
www.rockauto.com/ - Many repro parts and good prices.
www.hansdieselparts.com/ - Many diesel parts.
www.FAP99.com - Replacement parts; good prices.
www.spitfireefi.com/ - Megasquirt needs.
www.euro-wise.com - Parts and fabrication (VR6 MK1 Conversion Kits available here).

GENERAL VAG
www.eurosportacc.com - Exhausts, suspension, performance parts.
www.ecstuning.com - OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, MINI, Porsche, & Volkswagen
fourseasontuning.com - OEM & performance parts.
http://wrdusa.com - Performance Parts
http://eurospecsport.com - High performance motorsport products and accessories.

OTHER STUFF:
www.enthusiastapparel.com - Some nice shirts for the motorsport in you.
www.8380labs.com - Well known with some great shirt designs.
www.dubkorps.com - Shirts, hats, etc.
counterkultur.bigcartel.com - More shirts
www.drivergear.vw.com/vw08
www.cabby-info.com/electrical_system.htm#LEDs - LED install.

See less See more
#105 ·
Thanks on answer.. Hey, I would like to know if there is a place or some website that is providing such things as front doors panels with speakers?
My car is pretty much in great shape when we talk about "heart" of the car, but I would like some interior improvements.
So anything about it, some suggestions , I would appreciate!

#106 ·
help

Hi All,

so I need some help... I have an MK1 1979 and the door handles will not work for longer than 2 effing weeks at a time, I have serviced the locks and purchased several sets of handles from various places but still I battle with the same problem...

anyone know where I can purchase quality door handles or perhaps the Porsche ones to fit???

#107 ·
Mk1autohaus

relaying the message that thousands of you may have read

MK1AUTOHAUS.COM GOING LIVE THANKSGIVING DAY! (11/28)
OVER 300 NEW PARTS INCLUDING HOLIDAY GIFT SWAG!

Hey everyone! It has been a long road getting here but we are thrilled to announce that our long awaited website MK1AUTOHAUS.COM will go live on Thanksgiving day! (11/28). This Thanksgiving work off your food coma by enjoying NOS galore, and show your MK1 just how thankful you are!

What does this mean for all you MK1 entusiasts? With the launch of MK1AUTOHAUS.COM we have greatly expanded our inventory to offer you over 1,000 hard to find MK1 Parts, and that number keeps growing. MK1AUTOHAUS.COM also offers our customers with an improved shopping experience. We all know that everything from finding parts to processing payments can be a real headache with eBay, so we have been working hard to provide you with a fun and intuitive shopping experience to make your restorations even simpler. We also built in social networking integration to allow you to share your finds with friends over a variety of social networks including Facebook and Twitter. Best of all, because eBay is not taking it's cut, we are able to offer you reduced prices on all of our parts when you buy them on MK1AUTOHAUS.COM. We also wanted to thank our loyal base of eBay buyers that have helped us grow over the years. Without you there would be no Mk1Autohaus.com!

NOTE: You have NOT been added as a subscriber to our mailing list. We are sending this email as a one time announcement to eBay buyers who have recently purchased parts from our eBay store. If you would like to continue receiving updates about products, promotions and events you will be able to sign up for our newsletter using the signup form at MK1AUTOHAUS.COM. You can also click the Facebook button above to visit (and like!) our Facebook page where you can find up to date information about the launch and other events and connect with other Mk1 Enthusiasts.

#115 ·
GOOD DAY.

I am from South Africa and would like to know if anyone could tell me what a Golf MK 1 1968 rabbit engine would be worth complete?
if it were a real 1968 engine prototype for a mk1 rabbit golf...probally being a 1.0L i would say about $10

#119 ·
Thread's a bit old now, but nevertheless, here's a good company located in Germany who fabricates and sells varios custom CNC'ed and machined parts like
- Brake caliper mounting adapters and spacers
- gearbox mounts for 02A / 02J / 02M (6-speed) swaps
- Engine mounts for VR6, 1.8T and TDI swaps

Very good quality and fair prices.
Web shop unfortunately only in german language - Google Translator is your friend!

http://www.epytec.de

#121 ·
Two more that I've run across...

Belmetric.com - ANY bolt that you would need for your vw, plus hoses, clamps and fasteners. Good prices and stuff not available anywhere else.
mecatechnic.com - French site similar to VWheritage with lots of original factory parts.

#124 ·
This is a list of the parts I gathered during the restoration of my 83' GTI. Of course the list blew up into a hundred other things but this pretty much covered all the suspension, fuel and braking bits. It was about $2k plus shipping from Parts Geek altogether

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

#126 ·
#128 ·
Not A Reply….does anyone know what ‘happened to’….VwDieselParts.Com….Jack ‘can’t remember his last name’ has a VW Diesel Business in West Union Ohio….was generous with Advice And Prices, with this site was an awesome forum.
I was following this site as I was bringing life back to my 1981 diesel Caddy. My health declined and I focused on myself not my project. When I recovered this resource ‘disappeared’!

anyone able to give me a clue

Red

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.