Lexus Brings the LC-LF to Production as the 2017 LC 500 - Page 13
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
      Production version of the convertible looks great:

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

LC still > BMW 8 series in terms of looks/design
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

2021 Lexus LC gets modest updates including less weight, new colors

Android Auto is now included

The Lexus LC is already one of our favorite cars, and the 2021 Lexus LC aims to be even a little better. The luxury automaker has made a number of minor changes to the suspension, infotainment and color schemes.

Starting under the skin, Lexus found some weight savings in the wheels and suspension. In fact, the new LC has 22 fewer pounds of unsprung weight thanks to lighter rear wheels, aluminum lower control arms, high-strength steel springs, and tubular anti-roll bars rather than solid ones. Lexus says that these improvements along with retuned shocks should give the new LC a softer, smoother ride. That's not all, as Lexus is now including its Active Cornering Assist technology to the stability control system, which brakes the inside wheels in turns to improve cornering ability. Lexus also adjusted the shift logic for the transmissions in both the V8 LC 500 and hybrid LC 500h to be smoother and more responsive.

Users of Android phones will also be pleased to know that Android Auto will be standard equipment on the 2021 LC. Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa integration will also continue to be standard. So however you like to interact with your phone and media, you'll be covered.

There are a few color updates, too. Cadmium Orange and Nori Green Pearl have been added as exterior colors. The latter you may remember from the limited edition 2020 Lexus Inspiration Series model. Inside, black and tan interiors stick around, while the Rioja Red option is replaced by Flare Red. Sadly, the Bespoke White interior, which featured indigo and orange leather and suede has been discontinued.

Pricing and availability for the 2021 Lexus LC has not yet been announced.
      https://www.autoblog.com/2020/04/08/...us-lc-updates/

Quote Originally Posted by vb22 View Post
      Great drab end of the world picture. Gotta have screens dim to conserve energy to make it to the last surviving colony 1800 miles away.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2020/06/...een-cancelled/

Rumors are the LC-F has been canceled and the engine may just appear as another trim level in the regular version.

These are aging so well they look great Definitely feels "special"

Quote Originally Posted by Venom21 View Post
      https://lexusenthusiast.com/2020/06/...een-cancelled/

Rumors are the LC-F has been canceled and the engine may just appear as another trim level in the regular version.
      Makes sense given the current climate.

Will probably be an F-Sport version of the LC500. Struck me as strange to offer sport appearance / performance packages for the LC and NOT call them F-Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      These are aging so well they look great Definitely feels "special"
      I agree. It really looks like a concept car. It's remarkable how much better Lexus manages to execute their design than BMW with their transition from concept to production on the 8 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      LC still > BMW 8 series in terms of looks/design
      Not a very high bar.
      Quote Originally Posted by chocofrappe55 View Post
      Great drab end of the world picture. Gotta have screens dim to conserve energy to make it to the last surviving colony 1800 miles away.
      If you are getting this car with a black interior, you have missed the point, IMO.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

I love it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Zhine
      Power sliding is not worth it, I realized I was addicted and have taken up a much healthier safer hobby called high school girls

@Jetta_GLI_Unit

The End is Near

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      Not a very high bar.

If you are getting this car with a black interior, you have missed the point, IMO.
      I agree, the light tan accentuates the beautiful stitching

I didn't like them at first but they have grown on me however I would take a S63 Coupe over one. A used LC500 and used S63 are in the same price bracket

Both Bestcar and SupraMKV insider are saying the LC-F is still a go.

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/190311

In addition, the F model will be on standby for LC and LS next year. This is even more intense, with the newly-developed V8 and 4L twin turbo installed, and because it demonstrates high power of 670ps/66.3kgm, it will be a full-fledged premium sport that will be a direct rival to Benz AMG and BMW M.

Lexus LC F (scheduled to appear in November 2021, image is the best car expected CG)

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Branch View Post
      I didn't like them at first but they have grown on me however I would take a S63 Coupe over one. A used LC500 and used S63 are in the same price bracket
      Comments on the LC are hilarious because there seems to be so many more handraisers that would take it over the Benz because of "reliability", but in actuality, the Lexus isn't as popular as it is on the Internet.

These remind me of the Lexus of yore, very solid feeling

Saw one in the wild. They are beautiful coupes. Aston Martin should take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      Saw one in the wild. They are beautiful coupes. Aston Martin should take notice.
      Notice of what?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCSVT View Post
      Notice of what?
      How to stop making butt ugly coupes with faces that look like prolapsed anuses.

Quote Originally Posted by chocofrappe55 View Post
      How to stop making butt ugly coupes with faces that look like prolapsed anuses.

Quote Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
      Comments on the LC are hilarious because there seems to be so many more handraisers that would take it over the Benz because of "reliability", but in actuality, the Lexus isn't as popular as it is on the Internet.
      Stopped by a local Lexus dealer today to check out a used car with a family member, they had a brand new LC500 on the showroom floor with a $102k price tag. It's stunning in person when you spend a few minutes looking at it from various angles but I stand with what I said, I'd take the S-Class coupe over it. Granted, new S560 coupe starts at $130k but if I'm able to finance a $102k Lexus I can afford the Benz. The advantage of the Lexus is that it won't depreciate 50% in 3 years like the S coupe

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213