VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE thread

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Gizmopop1 
#1 ·
Wow. The weekends already upon us. Lots to talk about. The new track looks interesting. The backdrop is certainly awesome. How about that tight turn/ bottleneck. Drivers reactions have been mixed. Long ass straight with cars topping 210mph.
Looks like HAM is on a tear. The ROS continues to falter and Ferrari are nowhere to be seen. Definitely looks like tires are coming back into play. Hot temps and the Ferrari tires just deg. I'm expecting HAM to dominate the whole weekend. Pole, fastest lap and Win.

#2 ·

(I'd be worried about hitting that)

Stand in grid girls from a previous European GP :p

Free Practice 2 has the first 5 cars all sporting Mercedes power.
Obviously the long straights favor high horsepower.

Daniel Ricciardo had an accident in Free practice 1.

Let's see how the rest of it goes.

#3 ·
Qualifying results
1:Rosberg
2: Perez (before 5 place grid penalty)
3:Ricciardo
4:Vettel
5:Raikkonen
6:Massa
7:Kvyat
8:Bottas
9:Verstappen
10:Hamilton (crashed at turn 11, not having put in a better time)
11: Grosjean
12:Hulkenberg
13:Sainz
14:Alonso
15:Gutierrez
16:Nasr
17:Haryanto
18:Wehrlein
19:Button
20:Ericsson
21:Magnussen
22: Palmer

Quite a surprise at this new track, lets see how the race turns out.
Qualifying rebroadcast at 6:30 am right before race NBCSP.
Coverage starts 8:30, race at 9am est NBCSP.

#5 ·
I was surprised to see no safety cars during this race. It's a tricky track for setup because half of it favors less downforce and the other half favors more downforce.

I thought red bull had a good shot at winning cause they are well balanced and have a strong chassis. It became obvious I was wrong when Daniel was getting passed on the straight...

#8 · (Edited)
I saw those red bull guys at the paddock in person last week at the Canadian Grand Prix. One of them didn't even know how to inflate the tires properly. The head head tire person had to come over and supervise. It was pretty embarrassing. Maybe they hire interns to do this stuff, who knows..

Nice pit stop for Williams though.. Didn't think anything could be done faster than the RedBull/Vettel days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.