The Bring A Trailer (BAT) watch thread - Page 237
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 237 of 242 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast
    Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 6038
      Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      The dawn of the 5 Series, from the year of my birth: A 1975 BMW 530i, 5 speed manual. There was something similar on BaT recently, but I don't think it was this car:
      There was this very nicely presented 520i six cylinder.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-bmw-520i/
      call it potatography

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

AMG Galant! I thought these were internet urban legend.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...t-amg-type-ii/

Quote Originally Posted by Aw614 View Post
      It went for 20,250 with a bidding war between two people
      Seriously?
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      Seriously?
      A little nuts for a car that's far from perfect. I was thinking $8-10k maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mhjett View Post
      I was high bidder until two days ago at $6750. I was starting to sweat a little because I hadn't told the wife I was even bidding. Guess I had nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Fellas, should I buy this? I look at my cleanish but not perfect 04' white/tan and always find the imperfections, think about who can paint it one day, all the things. Why not buy the perfect one?
      Probably just me but white S2Ks just don't "light my fire".
      And I am def a white, silver car guy otherwise.
      2006 Slow Honda Insight runabout
      2005 Lava Orange MazdaSpeed Miata Hers
      2013 Prius V Hers
      2007 Jeep GC CDI Ours
      2002 Ram Cummins Ours

Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Fellas, should I buy this? I look at my cleanish but not perfect 04' white/tan and always find the imperfections, think about who can paint it one day, all the things. Why not buy the perfect one?
      Yes. And get 5k back by selling the hard top
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post

Kinda surprised AMG would put their badges on anything less than a VR4.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      Kinda surprised AMG would put their badges on anything less than a VR4.
      Add More Gs
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post

Cool cars but not that cool, especially given the NA power train. The parts are sought after and difficult to find. I had the AMG plug cover when I had my Galant VR-4, acquired it from Yahoo Auctions Japan years and years ago.

This car shouldn't go for more than $7,000. Even a JDM VR-4 is a $10k car at best if it is absolutely perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mhjett View Post
      Yeah, I get the fact that the helios is a fairly rare edition, but knowing how rusty that thing is, jeez. I guess there is now a BAT tax. I do know that *if* I was to sell anything from my collection, I'd post it on BAT, that's for sure!
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Has there ever been a rare Jetta that is worth something? I mean....it is just a Jetta.

BTW saw a dope green MK3 Jetta today that was probably a PVW cover car back in the day. Slammed and perfect wheel fitment.
      If you can't measure it, you can't understand it; if you can't understand it, you can't control it.

As said on BAT "We’ll burn this guy to high hell for lowering his car but we will bid 6 figures on safari builds. Come on son" - 2mAn

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
      Has there ever been a rare Jetta that is worth something? I mean....it is just a Jetta.
      Not sure if sarcasm.

The Helios was a one year, 1500 car edition that happened 30 years ago. Go find another as original with the same miles and post back.

Collectors collect what they love. Someone from the right time period with any kind of money wouldn't hesitate to pay $21k for a car like that Helios. You ain't going to find another.

Still don't care. Dubbers liked the Jetta Trek edition as well. VW has always done special editions but they are usually a paint job, stereo and nice seats. Boring!
      If you can't measure it, you can't understand it; if you can't understand it, you can't control it.

As said on BAT "We’ll burn this guy to high hell for lowering his car but we will bid 6 figures on safari builds. Come on son" - 2mAn

The Bring A Trailer (BAT) watch thread

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Very nice, would still need to do import paperwork (not sure how much of a pain that is).
      -------------------------
      02 S6 Avant
      73 914 2.0 - 2.7 conversion in progress
      64 356 SC / 65 Ducati Falcon 80
      99.5 A4 2.8 Q Tip - RIP taken out by a tree 19.5 after buying

It's really easy to bring in an over 25 year old car into the US. You'd have to have it shipped commercially into the US, though- no crossing the border into Canada right now.

Quote Originally Posted by t44tq View Post
      It's really easy to bring in an over 25 year old car into the US. You'd have to have it shipped commercially into the US, though- no crossing the border into Canada right now.
      Would the fact that it is a 1996 model make this only 24 years old? Or do they go by the delivery date in August of 1995?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      Would the fact that it is a 1996 model make this only 24 years old? Or do they go by the delivery date in August of 1995?
      I thought they go by build date. Registration or title date seems dumb. What if a car sat in a dealer's showroom for 5 years before they sold it?
      Last edited by MAC; 08-03-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      I thought they go by build date. Registration or title date seems dumb. What if a car sat in a dealer's showroom for 5 years before they sold it?
      True and I agree, but when I go to register my car at the town clerk, they want to know the model year, not the build date. If I buy a 2020 Tiguan in the fall of 2019 it goes in the system as a 2020.

I'm just saying this could be a potential importation nightmare and might limit the sale to Canadian customers until new years.

My dad's absolutely spectacular sub 40k mile 240z will be live in the next few weeks so stay tuned. All 5 of his 240's are amazing but this one is the nicest.

Everything I own is for sale for the right price. If you really want any of the cars I post about, shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      True and I agree, but when I go to register my car at the town clerk, they want to know the model year, not the build date. If I buy a 2020 Tiguan in the fall of 2019 it goes in the system as a 2020.

I'm just saying this could be a potential importation nightmare and might limit the sale to Canadian customers until new years.
      Your town clerk doesn't care about the federal importation rules. Give them the model year. Give the build date to the agencies dealing directly with importation. In either case, they should be clear about asking for those particular dates but I can imagine they are not.
      call it potatography

Somebody buy my friend's 1981 Accord! It's a 5 speed! No reserve! Wish I had the extra dough, I would love to bid on this...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-honda-accord-4/

And yes, I am majorly bummed about no hushypics on a local car. Some people don't see the value

Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
      Somebody buy my friend's 1981 Accord! It's a 5 speed! No reserve! Wish I had the extra dough, I would love to bid on this...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-honda-accord-4/

And yes, I am majorly bummed about no hushypics on a local car. Some people don't see the value
      I'd buy it if the pictures were better.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Page 237 of 242 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast