VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

******The Official Tiguan (MQB) DIY/FAQ thread******

160K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  mmgc123 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Tiguan (MQB) Do-It-Yourself, How-To and Frequently Asked Question Thread.

Hi everyone!
So this is a new forum for the New Tiguan there's going to be a lot of repeat questions.
So I need your help compiling the best answers.

Sure the answer is always use the search first or for me to merge repeat topics to the right one.
But I'm not always on here and do have a life outside of volunteering my time on here.

SO I'm coming to you guys and girls for help in narrowing down what topics you would like to see nominated for the FAQ topic for this forum.

So any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

How to add something to the FAQ?
If you have anything that you would like added to this list, please post in here a topic and what section you think it should go under I will add it.
Once we have enough I'll try to manage the sections with the most relevant topics and information. Let me know

FIRST THINGS FIRST!
*****Please use the search*****

Sections:
Typical Problems & Questions
Oil & Servicing
VAG-COM / VCDS
OBDEleven
Carista
Brakes
Engine
​Transmission
Exhaust
Suspension & Handling
Wheels & Tires
Body & Exterior
Lighting
Interior
Electrical
Radio & Navigation System
Racks, Carriers & Hitches
Miscellaneous
Buying
New Driver Questions

See less See more
#27 · (Edited)
I believe the factory battery for the MQB NAR Tiguan is 70AH, EFB+ (enhanced flooded lead acid). You can go larger and switch to AGM if you like as long as it fits physically and has the same terminals.

If you are planning to change it yourself, be sure to do the adaptations to reset and reconfigure the battery monitor and charging system using OBDeleven or VCDS. Not doing so will negatively effect your new battery.

Cheers…
DoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.