Z31 300zx N/A RB25 future build - Page 35
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
      Engine should be bolted in the car Sunday or Monday!
      Everything I own is for sale for the right price. If you really want any of the cars I post about, shoot me a PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
      I'd like to propose a new tuning style.

Instead of OEM-plus, how about OEM-hnnng
      aptly known as OEM-RVAE34

Everything matters on this build so even the wiper motor is getting restored. The intake parts came out incredible.

Everything I own is for sale for the right price. If you really want any of the cars I post about, shoot me a PM.

Vapor blasting is my new favorite restoration method. Excellent work!

Got a lot of work done but didn't have enough time to get it in the car today. Swapped out all the front incorrect hardware with the proper fasteners, modified the front heater hose port to go straight back instead of out, swapped the clutch mechanism in the trans from pull type to push type, drilled and tapped for new slave cylinder location, drilled the plug out for the rear sump dipstick tube, installed the pilot bushing, flywheel and clutch along with the transmission. We have decided to put the crossmember on the engine and then put everything in from the bottom.

Drool!

I had not been on here since the COVID thing started, and WOW, what progress. Love the detail. It will set it apart from everything. Also, it will be the least hacked thing in the Convention Center. Lol.
      DCIVW
      CE.

Turns out the NA 300zx crossmember doesn't work I thought I checked the part numbers and they were the same with NA 300 and a ZR. I have found a full ZR drivetrain in Japan that I am trying to buy though and then will have my guys there strip all the parts I want off and trash the engine/trans etc.

We did install all of the accessories and only the starter is left. It looks so good! Coffee table worthy.

When you have been building a car for almost 3 years, a month or two delay doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Crazy how that works Any other project car of mine, I would be going insane.

Man, I am sorry. That had to be an "Uh-Oh" moment.
      DCIVW
      CE.

Yeah was a total bummer. But I'm used to it by now.

Not possible to modify the existing crossmember to fit the engine?
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Oh mellberg is cool, but his car certainly isn't helping that happen.

Would be a pita to do in a fresh painted engine bay because you have to get the angle rights since the engine sits at a tilt. And most I have seen are pretty ugly. I would rather just have the right parts even if it takes a little longer and costs a little more.

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Wow that motor looks incredible. Sucks about the crossmember but you're doing it right by getting the correct parts.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Yeah, with that level of fit and finish you might as well delay it and be happy when it’s done. If you Fab it and there are imperfections it will bug you, even if they’re hidden.

How do I know? Look at the car, man!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Damn dude...sorry to hear this.
      '14 F-150 FX4 (bread and butter)
      '11 GTI (wifeys)
      '13 MIATA (dumb modified weekend thrasher)

Bought an entire 200ZR drivetrain. Will have the crossmember, oil pan, engine brackets, trans mount and valve covers stripped off and shipped here and then rest will be scrapped in Japan. Should have the crossmember in 3 weeks and then the engine can be installed with correct OEM parts! I have someone who wants to buy the oil pan and engine brackets.

Saw this and thought of you -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBb2rJAJELS/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Haha, looks just like mine!

Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
      Bought an entire 200ZR drivetrain. Will have the crossmember, oil pan, engine brackets, trans mount and valve covers stripped off and shipped here and then rest will be scrapped in Japan. Should have the crossmember in 3 weeks and then the engine can be installed with correct OEM parts! I have someone who wants to buy the oil pan and engine brackets.
      Well, problem solved. In the weirdest way possible.
      DCIVW
      CE.

Well I am disappointed that you didn't overnight the parts from Japan.

Got the wiper motor cover and fasteners back from plating. Going to look so good in the bay. I may start restoring R32 GT-R wiper motors to sell. Last photo is before the restoration. The body was vapor blasted, the backing plate and motor cylinder were powdercoated and the cover/all hardware was yellow cad plated like it was when new. I also cleaned up the plug and wires and will start the reassembly today.

Last edited by RVAE34; 06-29-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Man, your Cadmium plater is awesome.
      DCIVW
      CE.

Is taking part in the SEMA show still a possibility?

This car, like everything you do, is going to look awesome. The attention to detail is unreal.

I've even considered getting a Tacoma so I could copy your mods.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast