VW Golf 8 Production To Start In June 2019 - Page 3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI 20v View Post
      Whoever wrote these two lines should have his keyboard taken away:

[/I][/COLOR]

Like a college student stretching a term paper

I'm watching this space. If they make a hybrid that can do ~45 MPG with the acceleration of the 1.8T I'm definitely game.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know this isn't the right place, (is there an MK8 discussion thread?) but just watched a youtube vid of the Paris motor show, the Hyundai i30N "option" looks absolutely bonkers with new aero bits, carbon fiber wing, insane seats etc, looks like a freaking rally car. Don't know about performance upgrades, but I imagine there are some. Oh, and the i30N fastback is cool as well. My point is, VW is going to really need to knock it out of the park with the MK8 if they want to stave off competition, and nostalgic trim packages won't be enough.

Of course in North America it doesn't matter since Hyundai hasn't seen fit to bring any flavor of the i30N to our shores, and I don't really see the Veloster N beating a PP GTI and especially Golf R.
      Last edited by Pyramid127; 10-17-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Is it just me or is that kind of “big” by golf standards? It really gives me a low to the ground CUV feel, sort of like the gla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good. Now Boser hoods are standard.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS
      She got so pissed off she dumped her tits out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      Oh good. Now Boser hoods are standard.
      If only it came pre rusted!!!

just to stop the spread of this, people in the other thread about this ugly car pointed out it's a photoshop.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-regarding-MK8

Meh, I was fooled that'll teach me for not looking closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post
      just to stop the spread of this, people in the other thread about this ugly car pointed out it's a photoshop.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-regarding-MK8

Meh, I was fooled that'll teach me for not looking closely.
      Yeah I’d be astonished if it doesn’t adopt the corporate face like the Touareg, Arteon, and Jetta.

Did VW Just Tease The Next-Gen Golf's Taillights?

The automaker is developing new interactive LED lights, but there's a vehicle in the photos we can't identify.

The LED lighting revolution continues, and Volkswagen has some pretty cool stuff coming our way both for headlights and taillights. The crux of these new systems is that they can do more than just illuminate the way forward and alert drivers behind; there’s a higher level of communication capability to help both the person behind the wheel and other drivers on the road to navigate safely. We’ll talk more about this in a bit, but right now we have something else burning in our brains – are we actually getting a first look at the backside of VW’s next-generation Golf?

Take a good look at the photo above. We spent a fair amount of time trying to match up this taillight design with VW’s current lineup and we’ve got nothing. There doesn’t seem to be anything in the company’s recent past that matches either, and we doubt an old car would be used for such purposes anyway. The photo gallery at the bottom of the page features a couple Tiguan SUVs and a rendered concept, but none match the light design and visible body lines of the above photo. It doesn’t match any concepts we’ve seen either. In fact, it doesn’t match anything from VW. It does, however, look pretty darned close to the current Golf and a new model is coming for 2020. Here's a comparison with the Golf GTI TCR Concept.

Is this some pretty hefty speculation? Possibly, but it’s not uncommon for automakers to drop teasers in broad daylight, mixed in with regular news. Sure, there could be something we’ve missed, but this could also be a sneak peek at the next Golf – done intentionally or by mistake.

Whatever the vehicle is, it will wear VW’s next-generation interactive LED headlight and taillights. What does interactive mean? In short, micro-pixel headlights will have up to 30,000 light points and high-output LED beams that light up the darkness but can also project info and designs onto the road itself, such as solid lines to show the exact width of the vehicle, or help outline a curve that could be hard to see.

On the other side, LED taillights can communicate certain situations to other drivers behind the car, such as an approaching traffic jam. The lights can also project lines on the road during parking maneuvers, to let other cars and pedestrians know precisely where the car is going. This would all function in conjunction with autonomous systems and vehicle-to-vehicle / vehicle-to-infrastructure communications, as well as through manual control by the driver.

VW doesn’t say when this might come to production vehicles but development is ongoing at the company’s Wolfsburg plant, where there may also be a next-generation Golf being used for photos.
      https://www.motor1.com/news/272633/d...lf-taillights/

^^^That matches the "photoshopped" spy pics. Either we have a cross-company trolling, or that's the shape of the tails.

As for the LED tech, yes, that's forthcoming by at least one other OEM.
      "This is like O. Henry and Alanis Morissette had a baby and named it "this exact situation"."
      Sterling Mallory Archer

Man, I would love my tail lights to relay messages to people behind me. "LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING" "SORRY ABOUT THAT" "GET OFF YOUR ****ING PHONE"

Blog Entries
      I was just in Wolfsburg yesterday, doing a factory tour. Not that it's at all a surprise, but VW is definitely keeping their cards close to the vest on the next golf. There was no mention of the golf 8---in fact, all discussion still focused on the mk7. There was discussion about the new retro inspired van and MEB platform. But that's about it. I saw nothing running around the town that suggested it could me a mk8.

Seems like we won't be seeing anything official on the mk8 until after the new year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      "GET OFF YOUR ****ING PHONE"
      Keep in mind anybody who's driving distracted won't ever see any messages on your taillights anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      There was discussion about the new retro inspired van and MEB platform.
      I literally can't even count how many times they have teased a modern minibus and never released one. It's honestly more times than I can count.

Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      I literally can't even count how many times they have teased a modern minibus and never released one. It's honestly more times than I can count.
      You can't count to 4?
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      You can't count to 4?
      I can't name each concept without doing a search, thus I couldn't count which ones there were. I could swear they've shopped the concept more than 4 times in the past few decades though, but if it's only 4 times they have claimed and failed to bring it to market, then hey, that's only 4 times they've teased us.

Blog Entries
      They seem quite dedicated to the minibus thingy based on what our tour guide was speaking about---supposedly this vehicle will be the first on the MEB platform, so they were quite excited. Having said that, all we saw were pics, the production we saw was for the golf/tiguan/touran.

Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      I can't name each concept without doing a search, thus I couldn't count which ones there were. I could swear they've shopped the concept more than 4 times in the past few decades though, but if it's only 4 times they have claimed and failed to bring it to market, then hey, that's only 4 times they've teased us.
      It was the Microbus in '98, the Bulli, the first electric one called Budd-E and then the new one. The '98 version I never liked anyway, and it would've been too expensive to produce. The Bulli (the second) was going to make production but the small overlap crash test doomed it according to Jamie (which is logical). The third one was just a design exercise and the fourth one was designed to go on their MEB architecture, making it viable for production.

At least I think that's all of them! That's off the top of my head.

Oh, and I just knew you could count to four.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

New 2019 Volkswagen Golf: first official look

Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
      $2.2 billion in R&D on the next golf??? That seems insane.

Im in the wrong business

There are some wacky renderings out there.

Of the three, that middle render looks to be most likely - specifically the front fascia.

Obviously someone's mockup, but at least a realistic interpretation of the design language we'll likely see.

All-New 2020 VW Golf Mk8 Filmed In South Africa?

Volkswagen only recently started dropping teaser images of the 2020 Golf Mk8, despite the car being in an advanced testing phase.

Nonetheless, it appears that it was already spied testing somewhere in South Africa, and with no camouflage on mind you. So, could we be really be looking at the 2020 Volkswagen Golf? Or is the internet trying to play tricks on us with a doctored CGI video?

Let’s see, first of all, this alleged VW Golf Mk8 appears to have fresh front and rear end designs. Only it rides very close to the asphalt, and sits on a set of very large wheels. Of course, it could be either the GTI or the R in an early form, but it could also be a very good tuning job from a private owner. Or a heavily edited video meant to fool viewers. Thus, until we have official confirmation, we’ll take it with a massive grain of salt for now.

Meanwhile, Volkswagen continues testing the Golf Mk8, and they’re probably doing a better job at hiding its design than this video suggests. It will enter production next June, and is said to celebrate its actual premiere in the third quarter of 2019.

Besides the reworked exterior and interior, the 2020 Volkswagen Golf will have a slightly longer wheelbase than the car it replaces. This automatically translates into a more spacious cabin, with the automaker likely focusing on improving rear legroom.

The quality of plastics and other materials is expected to go up, while the ultra-popular compact car could also get semi-autonomous driving features and mild-hybrid powertrains.
      https://www.carscoops.com/2018/12/po...-south-africa/

"Very large wheels"? I think they look normal.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      "Very large wheels"? I think they look normal.
      You're not seeing things: they're clearly 18" Austin wheels from the MK7 GTI.

If production doesnt start til June what is this thing driving all over with no camo?

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast