VW Golf 8 Production To Start In June 2019 - Page 4
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      Sweet. So I can buy my used Mk8 R in 2029. Can't wait.
      Well Apophis is gonna hit the earth in 2029, so you might want to splurge and buy it a year early.
      Lower all the Things.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Car Problems View Post
      If production doesnt start til June what is this thing driving all over with no camo?
      That's the million dollar question.

Golf 8 testing with decals over the tail lights and a few pieces of tape

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsv2RYjH...ource=ig_embed

That's got to be a mule. It looks exactly like the Mk7 body. No difference.

Looks legit to me with the super high hood and sloping roof line.

Makes me want to start nudging my wife to get into one of the last 7.5 GTI's or R's.

Quote Originally Posted by sp_wh View Post

German McD's are so much better than USA McD's.

The lucky bastard McDonald's employee got to see the inside before any of us... Bummer. That said, I can't wait to see one in a showroom in 2030!

obviously have to reserve judgement until we see the production version, but the higher hood and more aggressively sloping roof are a huge step backwards. Like when the Mazda3 went to its current shape from the old high-roof shape. Ugh.

Loved my '16 R. Would be tempting to order a '19 R in one of the sweet custom colors if I had a use for another car. Hopefully we'll still have the 6MT on the Mk8.. but not exactly optimistic.
      Supercar owners: If your housekeeper can afford to register their car in your state, so can you.
      We've got an amazing country; don't like the taxes in your state, you can just move. How many other countries have this freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      No difference? The back definately slopes down more and the rear windows (side and rear) are narrower. But I agree this is probably just a heavily facelifted MK7 as it's sharing a lot of components that I can see. It's like MK5 vs MK6.

Not impressed.
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

Hmm..i'll reserve judgement for when I see a confirmed protoype at least. I don't think the above is bad per se, just hope the sloping rear window doesn't reduce useable cargo space if that is indeed the direction the design team is going.

Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      If by "no difference" you mean "no panels look like the Mk7" then I agree. The shape is different and the detailing is different.

Also, I don't think you know what a "mule" is. It's a couple of years past the mule stage and will be entering production soonish. It's going on sale this fall for cryin' out loud.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Wtf is this in the mk7 forum?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS..SingerVehicleDesign...1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.

In the UK for the first time. Saw this last night. What is it? Quad pipes, no badging, tails look different from mk7 but also kinda looks like mk7? GTI clubsport pre facelift?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Last edited by JD_GolfS; 02-15-2019 at 12:21 AM.
      2016 Golf S 1.8TSI / Tungsten Silver Metallic / 5MT / 19" Cadiz / VWR springs / Golf R headlights / Neuspeed p-flo intake / Neuspeed hi-flo turbo discharge kit / CTS throttle pipe / CTS turbo inlet pipe / VCDS tweaks / LED upgrade / Home of the Urban Joke Mod

Quote Originally Posted by JD_GolfS View Post
      In the UK for the first time. Saw this last night. What is it? Quad pipes, no badging, tails look different from mk7 but also kinda looks like mk7? GTI clubsport pre facelift?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Those are obviously Mk7 euro tails. If it has quad pipes it's just a Mk7 R.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
      '17 Oryx R DSG | APR Stage 2 93 HT v2.6 | APR TCU | APR DP | APR Intake | APR IC w/ boost pipes | APR Exhaust w/ AWE remote | APR A01 Wheels 19x8.5 | Ed's Reps 7.5 tails

Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      No difference? The back definately slopes down more and the rear windows (side and rear) are narrower. But I agree this is probably just a heavily facelifted MK7 as it's sharing a lot of components that I can see. It's like MK5 vs MK6.
      I bet Mk5 vs. Mk6 is a good comparison. What we see in the spy shots is clearly a mildly disguised Mk8 and yes, it looks to be heavily based on the Mk7. It's good to keep in mind that VW has needed to save millions after the dieselgate costs hit the company. I wouldn't wonder, if the development of the Mk8, and what the model ultimately will be like, were affected by it.

The headlights have camouflaged tape on as well. You can see the the outermost part of the headlamp is clearly an offset sticker.

2020 Volkswagen Golf caught from all angles

ower, wider, sleeker than the current model

We recently got a look at the 2020 Volkswagen Golf hatchback that was virtually undisguised. Unfortunately, the photo was grainy, and there was only one image. To supplement that, we've got additional spy shots of a somewhat more covered prototype, but in high-resolution and from pretty much all angles. They show the car to be evolutionary, but generally lower, wider and sleeker. And despite the camouflage, we can actually make out a few details not noticeable in the older photo.

At the front, the fascia appears to be lower, and that look is emphasized by how the top of the headlights align with the top of the grille, leaving most of the lights to dip below. The grille itself is even thinner than before, too. The headlights still wrap around the front fascia, but they now have more curves along the bottom edges and little extensions like winglets that come off the trailing edge of the lights.

Moving along the car, we can see that the windshield isn't nearly as upright, giving the Mk. 8 Golf a sleeker overall look. The mirror posts have moved from the corner of the window down onto the sheetmetal of the door. The C-pillar leans farther forward now, and the window line and hatch follow suit, furthering the sleek look of the new car. The character lines along the car's flanks now extend all the way to the taillights that also feature more shape in the form of little drop-down sections.

We expect to see the new Golf make its debut at this year's Frankfurt Motor Show. It will likely be on the latest iteration of the MQB platform, with the electric Golf using a version of the new MEB platform that will be used on the I.D. models. Regular Golfs will likely come with a version of the 1.5-liter gas engine available in current European models. The GTI will probably still use a 2.0-liter engine, but bumped up to around 250 horsepower, and the Golf R could see as much as 350 ponies under the hood.
      https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/01/...lf-spy-photos/

Why in the world is it so long? Hopefully its to fit a longitudinal VR6 twin turbo and rear biased AWD.

I can dream, right?

Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Dub View Post
      Why in the world is it so long? Hopefully its to fit a longitudinal VR6 twin turbo and rear biased AWD.

I can dream, right?
      It's at least partly an illusion caused by bringing the bottoms of the side windows upwards.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dub View Post

I can dream, right?
      I think you are missing the fixed portion of the rear window which is making the rear of the car look longer.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      I think you are missing the fixed portion of the rear window which is making the rear of the car look longer.
      I felt like that first but then I think the back is the same as the 7. It's the front that looks longer to me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I love these spy shots. MK8 is going to look fantastic.

General outline of the car. I think it's gonna look great.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast