G80/G82 M3 & M4 Thread - Page 8
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
      Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Eh, I think it'll look fine. I like the new different vertical grille. M3 base 6MT could be a contender to replace the Golf R if its a decent package. I prefer hatches/wagons, but for the right sedan...

I think this might be one of those "gotta see it in the flesh" types of cars.

But man this new M3 is slooooow to market. Can't remember them taking a 3-4 model year hiatus before? Wasn't 2018 the last year of the F80's?
      Looks like the E90 M3 end of production was October 2011 (I don't think it had a 2012 model year... it was one of those weird 2011.5 things) and the F80 M3 was unveiled at the 2014 NAIAS in January. I think it began production in spring 2014 as a 2015 model year in the US.

The F80 M3 ended production October 2018, and the G80 will start production in November 2020 and be sold in early 2021.

So I think the gap between E90 and F80 is longer than the gap will be between the F80 and G80. It might seem longer because the E46 to E90 turnaround was pretty quick. That was something like May 2006 end of production for the E46 and November 2007 start of production on the E90.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Eh, I think it'll look fine. I like the new different vertical grille. M3 base 6MT could be a contender to replace the Golf R if its a decent package. I prefer hatches/wagons, but for the right sedan...

I think this might be one of those "gotta see it in the flesh" types of cars.

But man this new M3 is slooooow to market. Can't remember them taking a 3-4 model year hiatus before? Wasn't 2018 the last year of the F80's?
      Like the current Civic I am becoming inoculated to its looks

The front wheelgap is more offensive to me honestly.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Like the current Civic I am becoming inoculated to its looks

The front wheelgap is more offensive to me honestly.
      I think they're on shipping blocks or something

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678