G80/G82 M3 & M4 Thread - Page 5
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
      And this is the beginning of the EV revolution where grills will be so yesterday. That snout is the end of the line along with the air sucking engines behind time.

Byron

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SoSuMi View Post
      And this is the beginning of the EV revolution where grills will be so yesterday. That snout is the end of the line along with the air sucking engines behind time.
      Wouldn't surprise me if grilles get even bigger, just without the intakes because they can cram a bunch of sensors in there. And brand recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCool View Post
      Wouldn't surprise me if grilles get even bigger, just without the intakes because they can cram a bunch of sensors in there. And brand recognition.
      I don't know about that. The Tesla is packed with sensors and is sans grill. The new BMW grill makes me flash back to the truly amazing Edsel snout but me thinks that's not what BMW had in mind

Byron

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...rwd-confirmed/

Manual will be RWD only. AWD will be auto only. They didn't say, but I'm pretty sure they'll offer the RWD with auto too.

Debuts late 2020, production in 2021.

Watch it on mute...

Looks as big as an F10. How things change

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      We will probably get an M2 sedan/gran coupe at some point and so begins the cycle again.

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      The G20 isn't much bigger than the W205 that came out 5 years ago. The B9 is actually longer and wider than the G20. Gotta keep up with the Joneses...can't be having less legroom/storage than the competitors.

Just to see something different will be refreshing growing tired of the current M4 which is as common as a camry around these parts usually = fly as F*** individual with a straight pipe with burble tune

I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the aftermarket S58 development in the X3M, which is in its infancy...but this motor is an absolute MONSTER with just a flash and a little E85 thrown in. Aftermarket flash from Bootmod3 is already available. 150 whp gain with just software and E30. On their dyno it made 612 whp. The X3M is already running 10.7s with just the flash. G8X will be 9 second cars with minimal modification. IMO, this is the gasoline car's swan song again the electric models. It may potentially be a tick slower to 60 than a Model 3 Performance, but it's going to suck the proverbial paint off of it after that

They are ugly as hell, but for this kind of performance I'm going to have to get one.
      2019 Guards/Aurum GT3 RS Weissach,
      2018 RS3: APR stage 2 10.72 @ 130.5
      2018 Raptor crew cab, 2017
      2017 Night blue metallic 991 GTS
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the aftermarket S58 development in the X3M, which is in its infancy...but this motor is an absolute MONSTER with just a flash and a little E85 thrown in. Aftermarket flash from Bootmod3 is already available. 150 whp gain with just software and E30. On their dyno it made 612 whp. The X3M is already running 10.7s with just the flash. G8X will be 9 second cars with minimal modification. IMO, this is the gasoline car's swan song again the electric models. It may potentially be a tick slower to 60 than a Model 3 Performance, but it's going to suck the proverbial paint off of it after that

They are ugly as hell, but for this kind of performance I'm going to have to get one.
      can they please put it in the next m2 or supra

It would be a splurge the likes of which Dave Ramsey would issue a fatwa on my life , but I'm actually toying with the idea of leasing one of these next year. It looks to be our last chance to own a new M3 with a manual. I would need another car for a DD (something older, fun-ish, also with three pedals) first, then I'd sell the SS privately, then lease the M3. I'm over my rage at the manual getting forty fewer horsepower (you'd only use it near redline in 3rd or something ridiculous), but artificial engine noise is still a turnoff. Guys used to their courtesans faking orgasms are the target market for the 7 Series, not the M3.
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Here we can all drive like Colin McRae in his prime, earn $25k a month and bang super models. We can also text and drive.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You only live once, and you can file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy every 8 years.

Watch it on mute...
      That's my hood! I wonder where it was headed.
      flickr | Everything you need to know | » | Scratch-It™ | Vimeo | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      BMW made the decision to chase tuhao money with questionable aesthetic and it can't expect more sophisticated markets to go along with the crassness of its current batsh1t crazy design.

This is the front of the new 4-Series. So I hope you like it for the new M3/M4 too.

New renders based on the front/rear end leaks from a while back

New renders based on the front/rear end leaks from a while back

Wooooo baby the real thing better not be that incohesive. That is an awkward MESS.

I look at more and more new designs and think, “yeah, I’d have to get it in black to minimize the effect”.
      It’s alive!!!

http://vintageuro.com

Stories, podcasts, and pics of all the good things

Another leak, and the BMW insider on bimmerpost said this is real and from the dealer previews. The renders posted earlier on this page look very close.

With some perspective restored

Matches with the leaked hood

And the previous leak

Adjusting contrast you can see the horizontal grille slats

LMAO

I must admit that on the i4 concept, that new nose isn't as bad and is starting to grow on me. I just do not like the hood shut line in the photos above - reminds me of the last generation F30 3-series hood design and it always irritated me.

New renders based on the leaks

I’m not in the market for this car or anything but they have to be making a huge mistake here. That front end rendering looks awful.

BMW rear somehow look more and more like a Lexus?
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      BMW rear somehow look more and more like a Lexus?
      "Hey Lexus, hold my beer" said BMW

We may have to wait for the facelift boys.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast