VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1987 Cabriolet in Texas

4K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  deathhare. 
#1 ·
I just bought an entire car to get some parts out of. I know I will be using the Interior parts, but most of the car will be parted out and sold. The glass is in good condition minus the windshield, the rims are factory (white rims white body) body parts look to be in pretty good shape as does the dash. The person I bought it from said the engine turns and could crank with some work, but I have not tested his claim. I will add photos when I can.

I'm located near Tyler Texas. I don't mind shipping some items (buyer pays to ship). I don't want to take the parts I need and send good parts to the crusher, so if there is anything you might need, please let me know. thanks!

#3 ·
I don't know what motor. I just got delivered to my mother's house. I will be going there to take pics and get a few parts, as having two cars at my house would cause a divorce :p. The interior is black, white and grey. I will be using the seats, door cards, and the top for my own use. The dash is black and seems to be a pretty good condition. I will inspect closer soon. It doesn't have the kneebar or the center console. There is no carpet at all.

#6 · (Edited)
Update on Parts Car

Ok, I was able to make it to the other house and take a look at the parts car. this is what parts I have available for now.

Dashboard no cracks a little damage next to the steering wheel area. I will have more pics of the dash when I get it cleaned.

I haven't tested the engine, but I've been told it works (it turns over manually haven't tried to start it) Intake manifold is missing?? I'm a beginner at this motor stuff.. but I think that's what its called. Anyway. The motor is available. Writing on this engine is "025 103 373 AC" I don't know if that helps you all out.

All glass is good and I'm willing to part with this includes the intact rear glass with defrost.

This ECU... it's available..does it work I don't know

More parts will be available as my repairs get completed.

Let me know if there is anything you want to look at closer, I can head there and take pics. I've looked on eBay for these parts, I kind of have a clue of what they are work, but I'm will take any reasonable offer.

#10 ·
Pm sent

#12 ·
Top Trim

Hi, all the windows are in good condition, including the back one for the top. the rubber on the convertible top is also good. When you say you need all of them do you also need the vent windows too? I do plan on taking more pics for others and show. If there are any that you need up close PM me and let me know.

thanks

#19 ·
Sorry For like late replies

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late reply. Its been a pretty crazy few months for me. I still have the car and not sold any parts yet. I will need to take some time going through each post. I have recently been informed that I will no longer be needed at my job after 15 years. I'm trying to get everything sorted out there. Again I'm very sorry for not responding and still want to part out this car soon. I will dm each of you that have asked with some answers soon.

Thanks

#23 ·
hello everyone,

sorry for the late reply. Its been a pretty crazy few months for me. I still have the car and not sold any parts yet. I will need to take some time going through each post. I have recently been informed that i will no longer be needed at my job after 15 years. I'm trying to get everything sorted out there. Again i'm very sorry for not responding and still want to part out this car soon. I will dm each of you that have asked with some answers soon.

Thanks
good luck with everything.
Hoping to hear from you.

#20 ·
Im just north of Dallas, need a power steering reservoir, could probably use washer fluid can and pump,
There aeems to be several designs of the ps reservior, the one I have is round, has a 10mm hose bab straight down, and a ~13mm one poibting at the right fender at a slight down angle.

Could also use an intact dash if in good shape and not already claimed.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.