Scammer disguised as a new member

10K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  EPilot 
#1 ·
lion222
n00b
Join: about 8 hours ago

about 3 hours ago
old Audi catalytic converters
You can try Morgan,he has a old Audi catalytic converters he wants to part with.Here's his email Robgm365 @gmail.com Goodluck...

This is the 2nd time they’ve contacted me
about my wtb ad. The 1st time the guy used
pics off google. Could provide no details and then demanded payment as a gift.
I then checked the account that referred
me to the email address. A week old account that was already banned.

Now they opened up another account and
contacted me about the same bull****. These scumbags are relentless.

Please be careful and never contact “another person” via email and also avoid people who demand payment as a gift.
New accounts using this verbiage are all scammers. Do not answer them and immediately report them.

MODS PLEASE BAN!!!!!

See less See more
#38 ·
@admin
If this gets worst. Is it possible to have a banner on top of forum which list out common signs of scammers?

-New user. Just few days old. Only fishy classified post or non
-Wants you to contact him over email
-Has no clue what he/she buying or selling.

For example a scammer responded to my classified titled. "WTB VW CC 1st generation Spoiler" asking me what make and model my car is. Clearly red flag

#41 ·
This guy msged me, replying from my post i put up regarding some parts i need for the wifes car. He messaged me he post below...

After seeing this, i emailed the guys email provided. He had the part i was searching for. He described it well, gave a reasonable price and seemed like a decent person.

Hes now not responding after i paid him, like an idiot. You shouldn't have to worry about this stuff but, here we are...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.