VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2003 B5.5 Passat GLS Wagon Tip 1.8T Nashville, TN

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  stimpee68 
#1 · (Edited)
Selling our 2003 B5.5 Passat GLS Wagon
Just shy of 176k miles
Original owner - purchased from new, sold to family member for a while, bought it back
Dark metallic gray with black leather interior

Recent work in the past few years (with very little mileage)
New Radiator
New coolant hoses
New axles
Put completely new front suspension - all control arms, ball joints, end links, and full tie rod replacement - also new struts and rear shocks on less than 2000 miles ago along with new rotors and pads
Pulled oil pan and cleaned out any sludge/residue, and replaced oil pump, pickup, timing chain tensioner as preventative maintenance less than 1000 miles ago.
Can provide receipts for the suspension, brakes and oil work from online parts sources if needed.
Have both original key fobs

The bad:
1) Headliner was sagging, pulled entire interior apart about a year or so ago to recover it, and finally said screw it, I don't have the energy for this car anymore, so interior is completely disassembled except for front seats, console and dash.- all parts intact and included. Leather is overall in very good shape just needs a good cleaning. One split in the "pan" of the driver seat. The headliner "structure" is not shown, but will be sold with the car.
2) A few dents on the front left quarter panel from falling tree branches
3) Heater core is bypassed as it was leaking
4) Has a miss under high load - it is either the coils or the cam sensor (crank sensor was replaced a while ago) - again, don't have the energy or time to fix it. Runs great and smooth under light load
5) Front fascia not perfect, as daughter bumped someone from behind a few years ago
6) Hood release is sometimes sketchy - drilled a hole under the edge of the hood thru the plastic covers and such to unlatch it at some point a few years ago
7) Radio is out - but I think I can find it - stock Monsoon

Can provide a link to a dropbox which has pics, and a few running videos.

Love the car, both in how it looks and how it drives, but I just don't have the time or energy to maintain it. Wife is unhappy, but it must go...

Make me an offer.

I am bout 25 miles northeast of Nashville TN. It is driveable for short distances or can easily be driven up onto a trailer. Battery is dead though, and needs to be jumped. Registration has expired.

See less See more
#2 ·
Value in parts!

Following this up, this car has over $2500 in new/replacement parts in it. It is probably more valuable to part out, but I don't have the time or motivation to do so.

Pictures can be seen on passatworld Dot com - was not able to upload them here.

Somebody has to want this!

$800 OBO?

Steve

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.