The 2020 F1 Countdown Thread - Page 141
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143 LastLast
    Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3553
      1.) Your pictures are the best. lol
      2.) What a jack wagon. He was telling them to focus solely on 2022 regulations and now that they're moving right along he is more interested. I like his driving but it's clear he's always going to remain the Alonso of the past.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A few team logos I had to go and refresh my memory on. It really is amazing how the F1 landscape has changed in the short span of 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaspherion View Post
      F1 has been racing in politically less than stellar places forever. They had a South African race back during Apartheid among many other examples over the decades. They don't seem to care if the sanctioning fees are there.
      Yeah, that was the point being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaspherion View Post
      F1 has been racing in politically less than stellar places forever. They had a South African race back during Apartheid among many other examples over the decades. They don't seem to care if the sanctioning fees are there.
      We should ban Austin GP

Quote Originally Posted by n0thing View Post
      1.) Your pictures are the best. lol
      2.) What a jack wagon. He was telling them to focus solely on 2022 regulations and now that they're moving right along he is more interested. I like his driving but it's clear he's always going to remain the Alonso of the past.
      Leopards, spots, etc., etc..

Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      I'm in support of Hamilton fighting against racism, and bringing attention to Breonna Taylor. But your statement is absolutely true. FOM and FIA seem to have two tiers of political statement allowed. International issues/human rights seem to be in a different league than racism, murdering of innocent black people, and the like. The fact that they race in places like Azerbaijan is horrible.
      Or Abu Dhabi...

Yas Marina is a meh track anyway.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Random thought:

If Ferrari can come out of the gate in '22 with a design that isn't a flying brick, they'll be in a very good position. LeClerc/Sainz is a talented 1-2 lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCSVT View Post
      Random thought:

If Ferrari can come out of the gate in '22 with a design that isn't a flying brick, they'll be in a very good position. LeClerc/Sainz is a talented 1-2 lineup.
      Absolutely. I think Sainz will give Leclerc a run for his money. It'll be the same at McLaren, with Ricciardo and Norris. If Russel joins Hamilton at Mercedes, and Albon keeps improving at RBR, we'll have a hell of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Absolutely. I think Sainz will give Leclerc a run for his money. It'll be the same at McLaren, with Ricciardo and Norris. If Russel joins Hamilton at Mercedes, and Albon keeps improving at RBR, we'll have a hell of a season.
      Russell at Mercedes would be an interesting watch. I thought he had a pretty good drive last weekend. Better than Bottas at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCSVT View Post
      Russell at Mercedes would be an interesting watch. I thought he had a pretty good drive last weekend. Better than Bottas at least.

Yeah Boathouse hasn't impressed me at all this season. I know even the dominant cars can suit one teammate over the other, but I'm surprised he can't get more out of the car considering #Blessed's post penalty charge in Monza. I don't remember where I saw it, but someone posed the question who's having a worse season boathouse or Ferrari?

Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post

A few team logos I had to go and refresh my memory on. It really is amazing how the F1 landscape has changed in the short span of 20 years.
      Where is Mclaren in 07

Edit: Wait, didnt they cheat? That was the one year ALO was on the team right? (That was my one year in college and I couldnt really watch... and was distracted... hence only year)
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Where is Mclaren in 07

Edit: Wait, didnt they cheat? That was the one year ALO was on the team right? (That was my one year in college and I couldnt really watch... and was distracted... hence only year)
      Yeah they cheated and after Spygate they were DQ'd from the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercrumpet View Post
      Yeah they cheated and after Spygate they were DQ'd from the championship.
      That was a CLOSE season. RAI won by one point, and HAM and ALO came in 2nd and 3rd with 109 points each. Hell, fourth place (MAS) was just 15 points behind at 94.

McLaren (Scoring 218 driver points vs Ferrari’s 204) should have won the WCC… but… McLaren lost their constructor’s points for Hungary because ALO held up HAM in the pit during Quali in retaliation for HAM not allowing ALO by on track earlier in the session. ALO got a grid penalty, and the FIA penalized the team and took all their points away.

The loss of those Hungary points would have put McLaren in 2nd place in the WCC, but it really didn’t matter since they were disqualified for the whole Stephneygate thing.

What a mess that was. ALO knew about the espionage, and threatened to go to the FIA if he wasn’t made the #1 driver (or something like that).

And HAM would have won had he not gone into the gravel in China.

I don't see Bottas leaving MB anytime soon. He qualifies well, gets plenty of points and the odd win without bringing stress to Hamilton. They are not going to bring in a driver that could result in 2016 all over again.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      I don't see Bottas leaving MB anytime soon. He qualifies well, gets plenty of points and the odd win without bringing stress to Hamilton. They are not going to bring in a driver that could result in 2016 all over again.
      He is the ideal teammate for Hamilton. I’d want to ride that wave as long as I could. Fortunately for them, they’ve got at least one more year.

2022 is going to be wild. I hope Hamilton and Bottas are still with Mercedes and Williams improves enough where Russell isn’t fighting to get out of there at the very first opportunity. I want them to succeed, and I doubt they get another driver as good as him anytime soon, even with a better car. I’d hate for Russell to end up at Alpine or Red Bull, and I’m guessing Wolff would too.*

*unless there are some kind of junior program rules that prevent it. I don’t know enough about that.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Yeah I watched the full 07 and 08 seasons a couple years ago. Both very close, very interesting seasons, lots of "if this one thing did/didn't happen" situations that single-handedly would have changed the outcome of the season.

The look on Ron Dennis' face when that happened... I can still see it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Problem is that Valtteri is 31 years old. He might decide that he wants more money or more prestige at another team and pull a Ricciardo and move. Mercedes have the best car right now but you never know what a driver might do, especially as their career starts to wind down.

Were there not more than 10 teams in the Caterham/Marussia/HRT years?

Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vrucizzy View Post
      Were there not more than 10 teams in the Caterham/Marussia/HRT years?
      There were, but the chart is just top 10.

I just re-watched parts of that race and the race in 2006 Japan where Schumi's super reliable Ferrari motor expired while leading by 5 seconds with 17 laps to go, with him and FA tied at 116 points.
      Had he won, he'd be sitting on 8 trophies. Crazy how close many of those seasons were.

This one still stings. I stopped watching F1 for a few years after Senna died, and picked it again in 2002, but no single driver got me to re-engage in the experience one bit, until this bloody rookie came into the picture.

Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      That was a CLOSE season. RAI won by one point, and HAM and ALO came in 2nd and 3rd with 109 points each. Hell, fourth place (MAS) was just 15 points behind at 94.

McLaren (Scoring 218 driver points vs Ferrari’s 204) should have won the WCC… but… McLaren lost their constructor’s points for Hungary because ALO held up HAM in the pit during Quali in retaliation for HAM not allowing ALO by on track earlier in the session. ALO got a grid penalty, and the FIA penalized the team and took all their points away.

The loss of those Hungary points would have put McLaren in 2nd place in the WCC, but it really didn’t matter since they were disqualified for the whole Stephneygate thing.

What a mess that was. ALO knew about the espionage, and threatened to go to the FIA if he wasn’t made the #1 driver (or something like that).
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Thanks
      I really didn't like Alonso after that, but that changed as I watched him get the **** kicked out of him every single week for three years with McLaren-Honda.

Nobody deserves that, no matter how much of a diva they are.

Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143 LastLast