Porsche 718 GTS 4.0 - Page 5
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterTroy View Post
      children >>> any 718 variant
      My bank account (and how silent my house is) disagrees with that statement
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

2020 718 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE - gone
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - gone

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      children >>> any 718 variant
      Iím not saying your wrong, but I am saying letís test that hypothesis.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Iím not saying your wrong, but I am saying letís test that hypothesis.
      I mean, I'd take my car over any 718. I'd trade my car for a friend's kid. I could see something a lot more than a 718, but then if you can afford a gt2rs, you can afford a kid.
      Last edited by MisterTroy; 01-18-2020 at 09:37 PM.

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      I mean, I'd take my car over any 718. I'd trade my car for a friend's kid. I could see something a lot more than a 718, but then if you can afford a gt2rs, you can afford a kid.
      Whatís the cost of raising a kid from 0-18 now? $250,000? $300,000?

****not including college savings, simply keeping them alive for 18 years.****
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Whatís the cost of raising a kid from 0-18 now? $250,000? $300,000?

****not including college savings, simply keeping them alive for 18 years.****
      Public education is free.

Porsche 718 GTS 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
      Public education is free.
      True. But unless youíre on welfare, daycare isnít.

Which means five years of that for the full year, then several more years of summer daycare until theyíre old enough to stay home alone. Oh, and then the cost of the birth, school lunches, clothes, food for them at home, broken bones, haircuts, therapy, etc.

Oh, and having to buy a larger house because of the kids. Because letís face it, with no kids, wife and I would be living in a two bedroom apartment somewhere, and the second bedroom would be used as an office.

$233,000

According to this: https://www.investopedia.com/article...ld-america.asp
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

True. But unless youíre on welfare, daycare isnít.

Which means five years of that for the full year, then several more years of summer daycare until theyíre old enough to stay home alone. Oh, and then the cost of the birth, school lunches, clothes, food for them at home, broken bones, haircuts, therapy, etc.

Oh, and having to buy a larger house because of the kids. Because letís face it, with no kids, wife and I would be living in a two bedroom apartment somewhere, and the second bedroom would be used as an office.

$233,000

According to this: https://www.investopedia.com/article...ld-america.asp
      My mom made no dollars before I was born, so staying at home with me effectively gained her money.

Most people, especially young women, do NOT make the kinds of salaries that would make paying for childcare a net positive.

My mom made no dollars before I was born, so staying at home with me effectively gained her money.

Most people, especially young women, do NOT make the kinds of salaries that would make paying for childcare a net positive.
      Ah youíre probably right. So it would be better for my wife to stay at home.

Sheís just a nurse, which is pretty terrible pay. Oh wait, daycare is still only about 30% of her take home. That doesnít come out of her check by the way, it comes from mine. But nonetheless, she certainly brings more to the table by working than she would by staying home.

You donít have to hide behind the daycare argument. If you think a womanís place is at home in the kitchen, just come out and say it.

Thatís some petty 1960ís idealism there. Your sexism, itís showing.

Have fun with VigZX sh*tting in bags while entertaining your female ďpartnersĒ.
      Instagram - efrie004

Also, I donít want to derail this thread anymore.

Six pots > four pots
      Instagram - efrie004

Ah youíre probably right. So it would be better for my wife to stay at home.

Sheís just a nurse, which is pretty terrible pay. Oh wait, daycare is still only about 30% of her take home. That doesnít come out of her check by the way, it comes from mine. But nonetheless, she certainly brings more to the table by working than she would by staying home.

You donít have to hide behind the daycare argument. If you think a womanís place is at home in the kitchen, just come out and say it.

Thatís some petty 1960ís idealism there. Your sexism, itís showing.

Have fun with VigZX sh*tting in bags while entertaining your female ďpartnersĒ.
      Uhh... Most humans don't make enough money to pay the crazy childcare numbers thrown around in TCL as "normal" - and yes women earn less than men on average so even fewer women make enough to pay someone else to raise their kids.

These are basic statistics. TCL posters are either super rich or liars. Sounds like you're super rich, Good Job!

I make less than my wife and less than most people here claim to spend on childcare. If we had a kid, I would stay home and raise it like the sexist that I am... Go to hell, Cabin Richguy.
      Last edited by troyguitar; 01-19-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Uhh... Most humans don't make enough money to pay the crazy childcare numbers thrown around in TCL as "normal" - and yes women earn less than men on average so even fewer women make enough to pay someone else to raise their kids.

These are basic statistics. TCL posters are either super rich or liars.
      I live in a town where the average family income is $34,000. There is a waiting list for every daycare in town, only one accepts government assistance. My wife and I are far from rich. We paid $14,000 in daycare for 2019 (two kids), and it wasnít a big deal.

We literally live in one of the poorest areas of the country and we still get it done, as do all the other families who need to work. The stay at home mom is no longer valid, an educated woman makes a decent wage, period.

Your argument is ridiculous, and this is the wrong thread for it. If youíd like to discuss this further you can send me a PM and Iíll happily send you my phone number.

Youíre a sexist piece of sh*t, youíve made that clear not only in this thread but several others as well. So cut it out. Not the place nor the time.
      Instagram - efrie004

I live in a town where the average family income is $34,000. There is a waiting list for every daycare in town, only one accepts government assistance. My wife and I are far from rich. We paid $14,000 in daycare for 2019 (two kids), and it wasnít a big deal.

We literally live in one of the poorest areas of the country and we still get it done, as do all the other families who need to work. The stay at home mom is no longer valid, an educated woman makes a decent wage, period.

Your argument is ridiculous, and this is the wrong thread for it. If youíd like to discuss this further you can send me a PM and Iíll happily send you my phone number.

Youíre a sexist piece of sh*t, youíve made that clear not only in this thread but several others as well. So cut it out. Not the place nor the time.
      Oh no, bring that right into the open. How am I the sexist one when I didn't force my wife to carry my seed because she has autoimmune issues which would make pregnancy extra dangerous for her? Please share with the class!

You're the one calling me a POS, it's on you to defend that kind of talk right here, right now.

You're the one calling me a POS, it's on you to defend that kind of talk right here, right now.
      Youíre the one calling us all liars. Saying a woman with children is better off staying at home.

God forbid a woman who can make six digits actually work, since it would be more fiscally responsible for her to stay home with the kids.

Youíve said all you need to say. Youíre alone on that rock buddy.

Sorry about your wife, I donít believe I said anything about her, or her inability to have children. But I am legitimately sorry about that.

Does not change the fact that what youíre saying about how other couples should go about childcare is correct. Because itís not.

Even if my wife only made what daycare costs annually, sheíd be happier going to work and having something to do with her life. Versus staying home and wanting to pull her hair out, because as much as we all love our children, everyone needs a break, and work is that break.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
      Instagram - efrie004

A woman with a young child and average income for her situation is better off raising her own kid - especially if she has a TCL husband making at least double the national average, which is around triple what the woman would make (then double all of those numbers for the claimed TCL averages)...

The stats are simple. The fact that no one here seems to be in those camps is good for you guys but does not change the facts. Most people can't blow $20k+ cash per year on childcare, period. Women are even less likely to make that kind of money.

Luckily for me, my wife does much better than I do. Statistically we don't exist. Apparently that makes me sexist? Whatever, dude.

All of this is why Porsches are rare. Most people don't have TCL money.
      Last edited by troyguitar; 01-19-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Christ is this a thread where we pretend that nobody has financial means? I mean if I donít have them, and Iím pretty smart, then nobody has them right? Is that how it works?
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. Iíll be there, front row.

A woman with a young child and average income for her situation is better off raising her own kid - especially if she has a TCL husband making at least double the national average, which is around triple what the woman would make (then double all of those numbers for the claimed TCL averages)...

The stats are simple. The fact that no one here seems to be in those camps is good for you guys but does not change the facts. Most people can't blow $20k+ cash per year on childcare, period. Women are even less likely to make that kind of money.

Luckily for me, my wife does much better than I do. Statistically we don't exist. Apparently that makes me sexist? Whatever, dude.
      You could make $15 an hour and pay for $20,000 in daycare in cash, and then still have something to do with your life besides be a prisoner in your own home. Turns out women want to have lives outside of cleaning house. I know this is probably explosive news to you, but having one, or even two kids at home, is a full time job. You get a few hours while they nap and then itís a pain in the ass to get anything done.

And once again, there you go with the average income thing, and wives are better off staying at home. Youíre delusional.

Itís fine, no need to explain yourself further. So letís say your wife makes $50,000 per year, takes home $32,500. Daycare is $20,000 per year, so that means she nets $12,500, sheís better off staying home because... Why?

Just stop.
      Instagram - efrie004

You could make $15 an hour and pay for $20,000 in daycare in cash, and then still have something to do with your life besides be a prisoner in your own home. Turns out women want to have lives outside of cleaning house. I know this is probably explosive news to you, but having one, or even two kids at home, is a full time job. You get a few hours while they nap and then itís a pain in the ass to get anything done.

And once again, there you go with the average income thing, and wives are better off staying at home. Youíre delusional.

Itís fine, no need to explain yourself further. So letís say your wife makes $50,000 per year, takes home $32,500. Daycare is $20,000 per year, so that means she nets $12,500, sheís better off staying home because... Why?

Just stop.
      Where does the average woman with a young child make $50k? The average woman in general made $25k in the US last I knew. Are you saying that having a kid doubles your income?

I also love that the idea of raising your crotchfruit is being equated to being a prisoner - and that the people (I'm guessing women?) you pay to be your prisoners are doing "nothing" with their lives according to you, the guy who is not a sexist POS but claiming that I am for daring to value people closer to equal to me...

Christ is this a thread where we pretend that nobody has financial means? I mean if I donít have them, and Iím pretty smart, then nobody has them right? Is that how it works?
      This is where we pretend that most people are roughly average. Is that wrong? Do most people actually make millions?

How is average defined?

Where does the average woman with a young child make $50k? The average woman in general made $25k in the US last I knew. Are you saying that having a kid doubles your income?
      Having an education does increase your income. Thatís probably hard for you to understand as well, but women are allowed to attend university now.

Hell, even the teachers in our public schools (once again, in rural Arkansas) have an average salary of $52,000. Oh, by the way, 90% of them are female.

Also, with nurses, typically doesnít matter if your male or female, the starting pay is the starting pay for RNís. That scale doesnít tend to tip until you get into upper management. Same with factory jobs, which can be had here with no college degree and pay $16/hr starting off, no union.

I donít know where you live that the thought of a woman making $50,000 a year is foreign to you, but man, what a lonely broke cave it must be.

So let me ask you this. At a cost of $14,000 per year for daycare, if you had kids, how much would your wife have to make to allow her out of your shackles? Iím guessing there is no salary great enough.
      Instagram - efrie004

This is where we pretend that most people are roughly average. Is that wrong? Do most people actually make millions?

How is average defined?
      Lulz.

My wife and I combined barely make one million a year. Please, millions?

Try harder.
      Instagram - efrie004

Having an education does increase your income. Thatís probably hard for you to understand as well, but women are allowed to attend university now.

Hell, even the teachers in our public schools (once again, in rural Arkansas) have an average salary of $52,000. Oh, by the way, 90% of them are female.

Also, with nurses, typically doesnít matter if your male or female, the starting pay is the starting pay for RNís. That scale doesnít tend to tip until you get into upper management. Same with factory jobs, which can be had here with no college degree and pay $16/hr starting off, no union.

I donít know where you live that the thought of a woman making $50,000 a year is foreign to you, but man, what a lonely broke cave it must be.

So let me ask you this. At a cost of $14,000 per year for daycare, if you had kids, how much would your wife have to make to allow her out of your shackles? Iím guessing there is no salary great enough.
      It's called the USA. The average woman makes $25k and the average man makes $38k IIRC.

Porsche 718 GTS 4.0

It's called the USA. The average woman makes $25k and the average man makes $38k IIRC.
      Okay. So a male makes $76,000 and his wife makes $50,000.

Thatís the scale you set before us, that a woman makes 65% of a male.

I do believe they can afford daycare.

So please, try again.

Also, my boss, the CEO, is a female. Sheíd like a word with you. She also has four children, who she has to pay daycare for.

Iíll make sure on Monday I tell her she needs to stay home since the male CEOís make more than she does, and thatís her place in life. The kitchen.

Sorry youíre broke dude, thatís your schtick, and youíve been leaning on it pretty hard for quite a while now. Nothing wrong with that, but donít try to bring others down that have done something with their lives.

By the way, you need a new schtick. Yours is sagging pretty low.
      Last edited by Cabin Pics; 01-19-2020 at 03:42 AM.
      Instagram - efrie004

Okay. So a male makes $76,000 and his wife makes $50,000.

Thatís the scale you set before us, that a woman makes 65% of a male.

I do believe they can afford daycare.

So please, try again.

Also, my boss, the CEO, is a female. Sheíd like a word with you. She also has four children, who she has to pay for daycare for.

Iíll make sure on Monday I tell her she needs to stay home since the male CEOís make more than she does, and thatís her place in life. The kitchen.

Sorry your broke dude, thatís your schtick, and youíve been leaning on it pretty hard for quite a while now. Nothing wrong with that, but donít try to bring others down that have done something with their lives.

By the way, you need a new schtick. Yours is sagging pretty low.
      Why are you straight up assuming that people make double the individual averages AND live together at the same time, grossing over 2x what most households in your state make - and that's without even narrowing it down to folks with young children?

The median household, not individual, income in Arkansas is $47k. $47k between multiple earners.

The plural of anecdote is not statistics. You want this to be personal so you can settle it with a tape measure, but that's not how it works.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast