VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Fuel pump fuse blown--how do I get to relays? 2007 EOS 2.0t/DSG

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bobmoran 
#1 ·
Fuel pump fuse blown--how do I get to relays? 2007 EOS 2.0t/DSG, 103k miles, service history unknown.

This is a project car I'm eager to get running as I have a buyer interested in it. If it runs... :rolleyes:

Ran good the other day for a test drive but wouldn't start after a cold snap that night. No fuel pump sound noted when you open the door. Looked at dash side fuse box and #27 fuse was blown (15A). New fuse blew immediately. I suspect water intrusion as the drain was leaking and battery dead with window open at some point in time. Rotted out the seat connector & harness in the floor and I soldered in a new one.

Anyhow, I'm trying to get the relay box down and I found and released the tabs and it drops about an inch and starts pivoting downward but I can't get it all the way down past the bottom of the inner dash. The lower dash panels are off. There is a metal bracket on the knee side that doesn't look like it will provide any better access and has an awful lot of screws to remove. :(

So what am I missing--it has to be something simple! ;)

And does anyone have a wiring diagram of the fuel pump relay, etc? Which one is it?

I also need to check my windshield washer switch as it is not working--pump is good but no signal to it.

Also, does,anybody have a wiring diagram of the wiper switch?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.