Coronavirus: US Declares Public Health Emergency - Page 492
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 492 of 506 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502 ... LastLast
    Results 12,276 to 12,300 of 12642
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      pirate jokes
      Kid is walking down the street and sees a pirate walking towards him. Peg leg, hook for a hand, eye patch, a parrot, etc. Kid stops in his tracks, stares, and waits for the pirate.

Kid: "Holy crap! Are you a real pirate?!"

Pirate: "Aye. Me be so."

Kid: "Wow! What's your story? What happened to your leg and eye and stuff?"

Pirate: "Well, me ship were sunk and while swimmin' ta shore a shark bit off me leg. I landed on the wrong island and me arm were cut off by enemy pirates."

Kid: "What about your eye?"

Pirate: "Ah! A seagull pooped on me eye."

Kid: "Na, you wouldn't lose an eye from seagull poop!"

Pirate: "Nay, but it was on me first day with me hook."
      Gone and missed: '03 Mk4 1.8T 5M GL wagon, '01 B5 V6 GLX wagon, '96 FZJ80, '89 16v GLI, '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      I've been saying for awhile that there will be a point where we've bungled this whole thing so bad that it just turns into everyone throwing their hands up and saying whatever. If they die they die.

Congrats America. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/cdc-...s-country.html
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      China apparently has a new swine flu that is showing signs that it could easily transmit between humans and become a pandemic.
      2020 is just getting started.
      Noooo my Scrapple!

Wondering if the dual antibodies for both pandemics would start that zombipocolypse Bingo Flash Round.
      A loving welcome from TCL

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

Quote Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
      I went to IKEA today and dammit people - they've had arrows on the floor since the beginning of time!!! Also, stop getting so close.

Everyone though was masked.
      I was there on Saturday afternoon when it was raining. I opted out and waited in the car. The parking lot was super-busy. I don't have to go into stores on weekends so I generally don't.

On Friday late-morning, I was in the New Bedford Market Basket. I witnessed some Hispanic woman with mask off talking on the smartphone while manhandling all the produce. It went on for the 10 minutes I was in that part of the store. I decided I really didn't need any loose produce that much. Yeah, it's the third world.

My news feed says Cirque du Soleil filed for bankruptcy and is about $1 billion in the red. I imagine there will be a lot of news stories like that this year.

What do you think, when will it all end?

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      I've been saying for awhile that there will be a point where we've bungled this whole thing so bad that it just turns into everyone throwing their hands up and saying whatever. If they die they die.

Just don't be surprised that the rest of the world treats the USA as a plague ship.

Quote Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
      Just don't be surprised that the rest of the world treats the USA as a plague ship.
      We've been one for a while for so many reasons.

I'm so frustrated by this. I have had some big travel plans totally destroyed, for personal and work travel. My whole AP tour concept for this year is blown up and I have no idea if it will ever happen now. That is depressing.
      I AM DISCO DIVA!
      たくさんとうふ、よ Where did all these damn Toyotas come from?
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      We've been one for a while for so many reasons.

I'm so frustrated by this. I have had some big travel plans totally destroyed, for personal and work travel. My whole AP tour concept for this year is blown up and I have no idea if it will ever happen now. That is depressing.
      The Class of 2020 and probably the next couple of classes all thrown into chaos as well. Higher ed in general.

The entire live entertainment industry (concerts, theater touring companies, concerts, broadway all the way down to community theater) is likely to never return in the same way.

It's a lot. My 17-year-old just kind of throws his hands up, he was already questioning his future in big ways. COVID ramped it up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      Seriously? Go and eff right off, China.
      Careful. I wrote that same message about China in this thread about 3 months ago and a few folks in here got mad (ie triggered) because I was being mean to our wonderful friends across the ocean.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/asia/...scn/index.html

"Chinese researchers have discovered a new type of swine flu that can infect humans and has the potential to cause a future pandemic, according to a study released on Monday, though scientists have cautioned that the virus does not pose an immediate global health threat."

I suppose they want to take their own internal s-show of a country more seriously now that they brought the rest of the globe half a million deaths in 2020, so far.

Seeing how terrible things have been handled, I'm now at the point where I don't care. The people I do care about are taking it seriously, so that's my main concern.

The trumpsters that are extending their freedumbs will be the ones that end up getting sick as this lingers. In addition, they're the ones that will be financially hurt by this, as they'll start to fall behind on the payments of their double-wides once economies in the deep south become crippled.

Let them burn. They wanted freedom from big gubmint, they're ****ing getting it.
      SS registry owner-emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat View Post
      Seeing how terrible things have been handled, I'm now at the point where I don't care. The people I do care about are taking it seriously, so that's my main concern.

The trumpsters that are extending their freedumbs will be the ones that end up getting sick as this lingers. In addition, they're the ones that will be financially hurt by this, as they'll start to fall behind on the payments of their double-wides once economies in the deep south become crippled.

Let them burn. They wanted freedom from big gubmint, they're ****ing getting it.
      Yeah, at this point, you can't retrain the idiots, it's too late. Take care of you and yours and do your best to avoid the mess the dummies spread. We are keeping a pretty small circle these days, folks we know well who are all taking similar precautions and being smart. It's the only way.

I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      The entire live entertainment industry (concerts, theater touring companies, concerts, broadway all the way down to community theater) is likely to never return in the same way.
      I wonder how prostitution is coping?
      A loving welcome from TCL

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      Careful. I wrote that same message about China in this thread about 3 months ago and a few folks in here got mad (ie triggered) because I was being mean to our wonderful friends across the ocean.
      That is not the same message you wrote months ago and you know it. Stop being disingenuous about your past in an attempt to change your history.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Yeah, at this point, you can't retrain the idiots, it's too late. Take care of you and yours and do your best to avoid the mess the dummies spread. We are keeping a pretty small circle these days, folks we know well who are all taking similar precautions and being smart. It's the only way.
      Actually, you can retrain the idiots. You just have to make the penalties very severe. DUI has pretty much ended. Most people won't risk the enormous insurance surcharges, fines, and license suspension.

If not wearing a mask in public is a $1,000 fine with the city/town keeping half as a "revenue enhancer", you can bet it would be strictly enforced. Kind of like the speed trap in Bridgewater VT.

In addition, they're the ones that will be financially hurt by this, as they'll start to fall behind on the payments of their double-wides once economies in the deep south become crippled.
      If you do the research you'll find that of the top 10-12 states most negatively affected thus far, only 3 are in the south. Worse still, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Colorado, New York, and Illinois have had to dig into their coffers or pass new budgets because their income-tax arrangements and approach makes their revenue generation incredibly volatile in down cycles/recessions. Not that IL had anything in their coffers to begin with. And Hawaii, Nevada, New York and New Jersey depend heavily on summertime tourism and gambling and are currently sucking wind and needing to pass budget reforms.

For example, "California faces a staggering $54 billion budget deficit due to economic devastation from coronavirus. The state had a $21 billion surplus a year ago."
      https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/07/cali...ronavirus.html

Gov Newsome just passed a new budget yesterday to address the massive economic devastation.

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a $202 billion budget Monday with emergency pandemic funding, expanded unemployment aid and billions of dollars in cuts forced by the coronavirus-caused recession."
      https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...243876497.html

Here's what CT has to say:

"State faces ‘sobering’ budget holes from coronavirus"
      https://www.ctpost.com/news/coronavi...T-15240162.php

And to the north in Mass:
      https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/...g-budget-cuts/

So what you want/believe and what is really happening aren't really one and the same...

The fact of the matter is all 50 states are sucking wind.....

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Actually, you can retrain the idiots. You just have to make the penalties very severe. DUI has pretty much ended. Most people won't risk the enormous insurance surcharges, fines, and license suspension.

If not wearing a mask in public is a $1,000 fine with the city/town keeping half as a "revenue enhancer", you can bet it would be strictly enforced. Kind of like the speed trap in Bridgewater VT.
      True true.

I commute through the Plainfield NH Revenue Generation Zone every day now. Never a tick over 30mph, ever.

Daily State-by-State Testing Trends
      https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/vermont

Rate of Positive Tests in the US and States Over Time
      How Much Of The Disease Are We Finding Through Tests?

This graph shows the total daily number of virus tests conducted in each state and of those tests, how many were positive each day. The trend line in blue shows the average percentage of tests that were positive over the last 7 days. The rate of positivity is an important indicator because it can provide insights into whether a community is conducting enough testing to find cases. If a community’s positivity is high, it suggests that that community may largely be testing the sickest patients and possibly missing milder or asymptomatic cases. A lower positivity may indicate that a community is including in its testing patients with milder or no symptoms. The WHO has said that in countries that have conducted extensive testing for COVID-19, should remain at 5% or lower for at least 14 days.

This initiative relies upon publicly available data from multiple sources. States are not consistent in how and when they release and update their data, and some may even retroactively change the numbers they report. This can affect the percentages you see presented in these data visualizations. We are taking steps to account for these irregularities in how we present the information, but it is important to understand the full context behind these data.

This page was last updated on Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 5:41 AM EDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliversikes1 View Post
      What do you think, when will it all end?
      Not sure bots can get it, so you might be in the clear.

If you do the research.
      You’re not really this dense, are you?

Southern red states took a half-assed approach the first time around, of course their economic impact wasn’t as great. *so far*

If the trends continue in those states where ‘only the commies and pedos wear masks’, just wait until the **** hits the fan down there. You’ll see that top 10 list flip very quickly. We’re still very early into the summer season, you’re gonna see that flow of northern plates heading down I-77 come to a halt.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

If you do the research you'll find that of the top 10-12 states most negatively affected thus far, only 3 are in the south. Worse still, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Colorado, New York, and Illinois have had to dig into their coffers or pass new budgets because their income-tax arrangements and approach makes their revenue generation incredibly volatile in down cycles/recessions.
      So there is some kind of magical revenue generation scheme South Carolina uses that is immune to recessions? Massachusetts has a flat 5% income tax, a sales tax, and a corporate income tax.

You chose to ignore it but with the data so far, white collar professionals who are almost entirely Never Trumpers have been fairly immune to the shutdown since they all shifted over to telecommuting. The non-college educated have been bearing the brunt of the unemployment and that's the core demographic of Trumpkins.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      That is not the same message you wrote months ago and you know it. Stop being disingenuous about your past in an attempt to change your history.
      I just re-read what I wrote, and my point stands.
      I also wrote they were responsible and you responded with something do do with "maybe it was started in a US lab".

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      So there is some kind of magical revenue generation scheme South Carolina uses that is immune to recessions? Massachusetts has a flat 5% income tax, a sales tax, and a corporate income tax.

You chose to ignore it but with the data so far, white collar professionals who are almost entirely Never Trumpers have been fairly immune to the shutdown since they all shifted over to telecommuting. The non-college educated have been bearing the brunt of the unemployment and that's the core demographic of Trumpkins.
      Read the WSJ, NYT, USA Today articles on states most heavily/negatively affected and states going furthest from surplus to deficit, CA being #1 on the list. It's not my data or opinion, the articles I provided show a bleak picture for all 50 states, as I wrote in my thread. Not just the deep south states. As for Massachusetts, type "Massachusetts coronavirus recession" into google right now and read the first 5-10 articles that come back. It's not pretty.

Non college educated, service industry people, regardless of political affiliation are employed (an unemployed) in all 50 states. All states will be negatively affected. Viral pandemics and recessions don't play political games, every single person in my neighborhood circle that's been laid off is white collar corp america. Including network architects in telecomm. I'm in white collar corp america, my job is safe and secure until 12/31/2020. 5 min after that the layoffs start.

And I never once wrote SC is immune, I wrote 3 of the top 10 states most negatively affected thus far based on 2 articles on the topic are in the south. VT and NH are more dependent on tourism income than SC is - things aren't going well there either.
      Last edited by tbvvw; 06-30-2020 at 09:51 AM.

That’s not the point and you goddamn know it.

No **** a virus doesn’t play politics. If all the states followed course back in March and April, we could have been in a position that the EU is in now. Every state would have been hit hard, yes, but there would have been light at the end of the tunnel by now. Because of the likes of trump and David puddy, this is going to turn into a circular reference that destroys people’s liveihoods that could have been spared, if the proper protocols were followed from the beginning. How the hell is that so hard for you to understand?

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

They wanted freedom from big gubmint, they're ****ing getting it.

Isn't this where we started? That was the mantra for Miami spring breakers.

So we've spent four months, and now it's just F. it??
      Last edited by Lwize; 06-30-2020 at 10:21 AM.
      YouTube is not a medical device.

Page 492 of 506 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502 ... LastLast