The OFFICIAL 2020 NASCAR thread. Yep, they still turn left. - Page 16
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Results 376 to 400 of 410
    1. #376
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 5th, 2016
      Location
      Danbury, CT
      Posts
      537
      Welp, now I definitely understand Bubba's position...weird that no one thought it was odd last year, unless it looked different (not according to the FBI).

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #377
      Senior Member Lwize's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2000
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      28,062
      Stay classy, North Carolina:

      North Carolina speedway owner offers ‘Bubba Rope’ for sale
      DANBURY, N.C. (AP) — The owner of a North Carolina racetrack advertised “Bubba Rope” for sale in a social media marketplace days after NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, who is Black, announced a noose had been found in his garage at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama.

      Mike Fulp, the owner of the half-mile (0.8 km) 311 Speedway in Stokes County, made the pitch Wednesday on Facebook Marketplace: “Buy your Bubba Rope today for only $9.99 each, they come with a lifetime warranty and work great.”

      Fulp’s Facebook followers criticized his ad, with some self-described loyal spectators saying they would stop attending events at the dirt track because of the post. More critical comments appeared on the speedway’s Facebook page Thursday.

      No one answered the phone at the speedway Thursday and the inbox couldn’t accept a message seeking comment. The ad had been taken down by midday Thursday.

      A Facebook post on Fulp’s page Monday announced the speedway is sponsoring a “Heritage Night” on Saturday. A subsequent post on the event encouraged fans to purchase a variety of items, including Confederate flags and caps, and added, “don’t forget your 2nd Amendment Right, 311 Speedway.”


      NASCAR officials released a photo Thursday of the rope found Sunday in Wallace’s garage stall that prompted a federal investigation, which determined it had been there since October.

      The incident placed racism front and center for NASCAR, which two weeks ago banned the Confederate flag from its venues and races at Wallace’s urging. It also sparked criticism from some fans that NASCAR had somehow overreacted — criticism the sanctioning body cited in releasing the photo taken by NASCAR security.

      NASCAR moved quickly and by Monday, FBI agents were at the Alabama track. On Tuesday, authorities said the rope had been used as a door pull since last fall and thus was not a hate crime targeting the 26-year-old Wallace.
      https://apnews.com/16312a353a61a7046d397c14cbe55ba3

      YouTube is not a medical device.

    4. #378

      NC > NASCAR Country

      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      In NC, the struggle is real, despite a forum member's belief that it doesn't even exist.

      So, this just happened. And when you read this below, know thatvitcwas three Wilmington, NC officers. Think about the people they have pulled over and the treatment they received. And, of course, the three officers say they aren't racists :

      "3 North Carolina Officers Fired After Video Captured ‘Extremely Racist’ Rants in Squad Cars

      The Wilmington Police Department took the action on Tuesday against Cpl. Jessie Moore, and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmore.

      At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

      Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

      Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.”

      https://time.com/5859125/wilmington-...-racist-rants/

      It's unfortunate the noose incident happened but the resulting show of unity was as powerful as it was important to see. Again, there's more of us in the middle and we need to stand up and be heard and not let the lesser of us try to be the face of us.

      I've honestly had my struggles with NASCAR, my father got me into motorsport, and NASCAR especially. We bonded there and I still watch other forms of racing. Maybe through all of this a cloud will move away from NASCAR and old and new fans won't have the dilemma and stigma to deal with. I hope for brighter, sunnier days for NASCAR

    5. #379
      Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      17,354
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...lladega-062520

      This is the actual pull rope found Sunday before they cut it down.



      That’s a friggin noose!
      It’s just done in a clever way as to be explained as having some other purpose.

    6. #380
      Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      17,354
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      In NC, the struggle is real, despite a forum member's belief that it doesn't even exist.

      So, this just happened. And when you read this below, know thatvitcwas three Wilmington, NC officers. Think about the people they have pulled over and the treatment they received. And, of course, the three officers say they aren't racists :

      "3 North Carolina Officers Fired After Video Captured ‘Extremely Racist’ Rants in Squad Cars

      The Wilmington Police Department took the action on Tuesday against Cpl. Jessie Moore, and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmore.

      At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

      Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

      Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.”

      https://time.com/5859125/wilmington-...-racist-rants/

      It's unfortunate the noose incident happened but the resulting show of unity was as powerful as it was important to see. Again, there's more of us in the middle and we need to stand up and be heard and not let the lesser of us try to be the face of us.

      I've honestly had my struggles with NASCAR, my father got me into motorsport, and NASCAR especially. We bonded there and I still watch other forms of racing. Maybe through all of this a cloud will move away from NASCAR and old and new fans won't have the dilemma and stigma to deal with. I hope for brighter, sunnier days for NASCAR

      That’s the kind of stuff makes me afraid to drive my car.
      I just want to avoid any unintentional provocations with the police, and DWB seems to be a common denominator in a lot of these brutality cases.

    7. #381
      Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      13,984
      I wonder when they changed the pit road rules.

      Hamlin's last pitstop the RF tire carrier grabbed the used tire, went to the front of the car, set the tire down, and rolled it to the wall.

      What ever happened to the tire had to be within an arm's reach?

      But hey, Toyota probably b*tched the weren't winning enough, so...
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    8. #382
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      I wonder when they changed the pit road rules.

      Hamlin's last pitstop the RF tire carrier grabbed the used tire, went to the front of the car, set the tire down, and rolled it to the wall.

      What ever happened to the tire had to be within an arm's reach?

      But hey, Toyota probably b*tched the weren't winning enough, so...
      https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ire-penalties/

      They modified/relaxed the rule last summer. Teams and fans on Twitter were complaining about penalties that didn't really affect pit road safety.

    9. #383
      Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      13,984
      Quote Originally Posted by mappy View Post
      https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ire-penalties/

      They modified/relaxed the rule last summer. Teams and fans on Twitter were complaining about penalties that didn't really affect pit road safety.
      Ah. The arms-length rule was dumb to begin with. Glad NASCAR realized their mistake.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    10. #384
      Member Woodski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      4,298
      i made off like a bandit this weekend in random fantasy. you got one pick for both races and i was given the 11.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

    11. #385
      Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      13,984
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      i made off like a bandit this weekend in random fantasy. you got one pick for both races and i was given the 11.
      Denny's so great at Pocono... why can't he do anything on a road course?
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    12. #386
      Member gonzo08452's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2006
      Location
      yorba linda, ca
      Posts
      9,777
      weird Fox didn't have a replay of Blaney hitting Kyle

      Gabehart won this one for Denny

    13. #387
      Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      32,533
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      weird Fox didn't have a replay of Blaney hitting Kyle
      They did. They showed it toward the end of the race. It wasn't intentional, but was caused by the huge speed differential when Kyle came up on Smithley.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    14. #388
      Member gonzo08452's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2006
      Location
      yorba linda, ca
      Posts
      9,777
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      They did. They showed it toward the end of the race. It wasn't intentional, but was caused by the huge speed differential when Kyle came up on Smithley.

    15. #389
      Member Woodski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      4,298
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      They did. They showed it toward the end of the race. It wasn't intentional, but was caused by the huge speed differential when Kyle came up on Smithley.
      The fancy Radioactive cameras picked it up so it looked amazing lmao.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

    16. #390
      Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      13,984
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      They did. They showed it toward the end of the race. It wasn't intentional, but was caused by the huge speed differential when Kyle came up on Smithley.
      And Blaney's spotter missing the "slow car ahead" call.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    17. #391
      Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      32,533
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      And Blaney's spotter missing the "slow car ahead" call.
      Oh totally, but the way Kyle was reacting, he made it seem like it was intentional... and then we saw the footage.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    18. #392
      Member gonzo08452's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2006
      Location
      yorba linda, ca
      Posts
      9,777
      next race road course right?

    19. #393
      Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      13,984
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Oh totally, but the way Kyle was reacting, he made it seem like it was intentional... and then we saw the footage.
      In Kyle's defense, he is the greatest thing to ever stuff those ears in a helmet.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    20. #394
      Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      13,984
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      next race road course right?
      Nope, not until 8/16. Indy oval. Xfinity races Saturday on the RC.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    21. #395
      Member gonzo08452's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2006
      Location
      yorba linda, ca
      Posts
      9,777
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Nope, not until 8/16. Indy oval. Xfinity races Saturday on the RC.

      that's right

    22. #396
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 5th, 2016
      Location
      Danbury, CT
      Posts
      537
      Did anyone else feel like they got the package right for Pocono? That seemed like the best racing at Pocono in years. Normally, it's a snooze fest, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday race.

    23. #397
      Member Woodski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      4,298
      Quote Originally Posted by amusante1002 View Post
      Did anyone else feel like they got the package right for Pocono? That seemed like the best racing at Pocono in years. Normally, it's a snooze fest, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday race.
      no

      the xfinity package is the best in the sport right now and cup needs to be following that again.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

    24. #398
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 5th, 2016
      Location
      Danbury, CT
      Posts
      537
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      no

      the xfinity package is the best in the sport right now and cup needs to be following that again.
      Alrighty then. Also, the truck race Sunday morning was an absolute disaster. I don't think they put together 3 green laps in a row for the first hour.

    25. #399
      Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      13,984
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      no

      the xfinity package is the best in the sport right now and cup needs to be following that again.
      But they're slow.

      I wasn't a big fan of the draft being so huge at Pocono for Cup. Didn't see Xfinity.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    26. #400
      Member Woodski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      4,298
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      But they're slow.

      I wasn't a big fan of the draft being so huge at Pocono for Cup. Didn't see Xfinity.
      the busch cars have more power than a cup car!!

      at places like michigan and fontana arca cars are the fastest on the weekends!!
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

    Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast