The OFFICIAL 2020 NASCAR thread. Yep, they still turn left. - Page 5
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
      Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by dubdaze68 View Post
      those pictures look staged as hell.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

*tinfoil hat*
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm thinking concussion, similar to what Dale Jr was dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by dubdaze68 View Post
      Yeah, I still think there is much we do not know. Like, those pictures look staged as hell.
      Yea, like I said in an earlier post, I don't get why they haven't mentioned actual injuries/issues at all. Someone mentioned because of a contract, but still, it's weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      As much as I like Newman, hopefully this is his nudge to retire. His attitude toward the series has been awful (rightfully so, mind you) lately, and hopefully after he makes some recovery he sees the light.
      When I see him with those 2 kids at such a young age, I think he really needs to consider getting out.
      Quote Originally Posted by phryxis View Post
      sprayed it on, waited some time, and proceeded to go at it with a scraper, some pliers, and a lot of f-ing hard work.

Ross Chastain to fill in for Ryan Hamlin for the "foreseeable future":

https://racer.com/2020/02/19/chastai...in-for-newman/

They must have been impressed with the way he side-drafted Logano at the end of the race.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Just Going with the FLO. Strange Mud's Avatar
      Abbey Road/Paul is dead V2.0
      Quote Originally Posted by VigorousZX
      On a side note long term EMF exposure in electric cars causes AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      They must have been impressed with the way he side-drafted Logano at the end of the race.
      There are already a bunch of conspiracy theories about Ross Chastain being in a Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      It was an aggressive move, but Chastain was forced down onto the apron by Preece.
      DCIVW
      CE.

2021 cars to do away with 5 lug wheels. Finally converts to 18" centerlock wheels. Many fans in uproar!

https://racer.com/2020/03/02/nascar-...sign-for-2021/

2021 cars to do away with 5 lug wheels. Finally converts to 18" centerlock wheels. Many fans in uproar!

I guess if it's safer then whatever, but certainly takes away from pit stop gains from the better crews.

Oh good. So now when Truex's crew ****s up on a pit stop, the entire wheel assembly comes off instead. That'll be an interesting Radioactive.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS
      She got so pissed off she dumped her tits out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      Oh good. So now when Truex's crew ****s up on a pit stop, the entire wheel assembly comes off instead. That'll be an interesting Radioactive.
      Like a whole wheel coming off hasnt happened before??

Going to your "Truex's crew" comment though, is this in response to Homestead last year? What's your opinion on what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by fixmy59bug View Post

Going to your "Truex's crew" comment though, is this in response to Homestead last year? What's your opinion on what happened there?
      This last weekend applies too. His crew member had an issue getting the gun to change direction.

This last weekend applies too. His crew member had an issue getting the gun to change direction.
      I think that ended up that the tire changer had his arm or hand cramp up and couldn't change the gun from righty tighty to lefty loosey.

And the homestead fiasco was all on Cole we all know that. Not that I care because I'm pretty sure Truex cries more on the radio than the Busch brothers somehow.
      Quote Originally Posted by 04_GLI_ View Post
      Yeah still drove it home bout 60 miles. Didn't know it was a broken timming belt, drove fine just made a lil noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_VR6 View Post
      I think that ended up that the tire changer had his arm or hand cramp up and couldn't change the gun from righty tighty to lefty loosey.
      I knew this. It was funny hearing Gordon speculate what actually was the problem though. Shut up Jeff.

For sure agree about that with Jeff. It was painful to watch when they replayed it because you could see him just slamming his hand trying to get it to switch. I imagine it felt like a foot cramp, only you were in the middle of trying to cross I-95 in rush hour.

I was surprised how good of a race it was to watch from p2-p16. They were all over the place and actually racing!
      Quote Originally Posted by 04_GLI_ View Post
      Yeah still drove it home bout 60 miles. Didn't know it was a broken timming belt, drove fine just made a lil noise.

Excellent races both Saturday and Sunday at Fontana last weekend, best I've seen in years. Bizarre weather too - borderline hot on Friday/Saturday then freaking cold on Sunday.

With the "big 3" now in Cup, Xfinity is worth watching again. Should be an excellent season. Cup as well for partially the same reason, a lot of turnover in rides and new guys on the grid. Good stuff.

No more whrrr whrrr whrrr whrrr whrrr? Just one big whhrrrrr? That's gonna take some time to get used to.

I hadn't heard that, but I wasn't 100% glued to the race, either. Looks like things like that can still happen with the new system, so how the teams handle that will be the same, and ingrained in lots of training. It'll be interesting how easily the transition goes. Other series have been using center bolts for a long time now. Sounds like the pit stop times won't change dramatically, either.

I'll be interested in how the transition to the bigger wheels goes. A lot of the old suspension and handling notes may get tossed into a big ol' bonfire.
      Last edited by DonL; 03-03-2020 at 07:06 PM.
      "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

Quote Originally Posted by fixmy59bug View Post

Wheels coming off have happened before, sure.

My comment was more in jest to Truex's continued bitching on the radio. As much as Kyle Busch has the well deserved reputation of complaining when things don't go EXACTLY his way, Truex Jr. is at this point even worse. Crew missed the lug nuts. Then Truex walls the car. They never said it, but I don't think they got it tight, and it wore prematurely before it blew. As far as Homestead goes, his crew ****ed him. Yeah. But that incident occurred early in S2, and the notorious phantom caution came out almost immediately. He had the rest of S2 and ALL of S3 to recover, and couldn't get the job done.

So as much as his crew puts him in inopportune situations especially at Homestead, he seems to do little to recover from it and then still blames his crew for the race going the way it did. I should be a Truex Jr. homer since he's about as close to a NYC Nascar driver as it gets, but I find myself rooting against all three JGR drivers, and am blissfully pleased when things don't go their way.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS
      She got so pissed off she dumped her tits out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      No more whrrr whrrr whrrr whrrr whrrr? Just one big whhrrrrr? That's gonna take some time to get used to.
      Like most modern race series worth watching???

It’ll definitely make be weird watching a nascar stop with only 4 Ugga-juggas instead of the 20 we are used too... but hey, times change.
      /| OMGHAI |\

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodub_99.5 View Post
      Like most modern race series worth watching???

It’ll definitely make be weird watching a nascar stop with only 4 Ugga-juggas instead of the 20 we are used too... but hey, times change.
      Wouldn't it be 8 total on a 4 tire stop?

Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      Wheels coming off have happened before, sure.

My comment was more in jest to Truex's continued bitching on the radio. As much as Kyle Busch has the well deserved reputation of complaining when things don't go EXACTLY his way, Truex Jr. is at this point even worse. Crew missed the lug nuts. Then Truex walls the car. They never said it, but I don't think they got it tight, and it wore prematurely before it blew. As far as Homestead goes, his crew ****ed him. Yeah. But that incident occurred early in S2, and the notorious phantom caution came out almost immediately. He had the rest of S2 and ALL of S3 to recover, and couldn't get the job done.

So as much as his crew puts him in inopportune situations especially at Homestead, he seems to do little to recover from it and then still blames his crew for the race going the way it did. I should be a Truex Jr. homer since he's about as close to a NYC Nascar driver as it gets, but I find myself rooting against all three JGR drivers, and am blissfully pleased when things don't go their way.
      Erik Jones is so bland you don't even remember he is JGR? 😂

But 100% Whining, I can't stand him on the radio. Granted most of these drivers are losing their **** on the radio when things aren't going well, and if that's the only radio snippets that the broadcast plays it may give the illusion it's worse than it might actually may be. I know Austin Dillon is known to go on tirades on the radio directed towards his crew.......but he's terrible so they never air that.

Some fans are losing their damn minds on twitter over this lugnut change.

The responses to NASCAR's original tweet are fun. https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1234573385096716288
      Last edited by Sporin; 03-04-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Some fans are losing their damn minds on twitter over this lugnut change.

The responses to NASCAR's original tweet are fun. https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1234573385096716288
      Screenshots for those of us that don't use [email protected]?

Screenshots for those of us that don't use [email protected]?
      I don't use it but the comments are all visible.

The outrage over this decision has me baffled.
      IG: @geeofff
      MK1 TDI Swap

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast