VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

24v Head Gasket Turbo & Timming

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Quakes 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I honestly have searched and have not found a definitive answer, but I have seen some people use a head spacer to lower compression when going Turbo and have had issues with the chains being too tight. Has anyone experienced this? if so did you manage to get it fixed? If you are running a head spacer and didn't experience any issues what make Head spacer did you use?

I am looking at putting one on to lower to 9:1 (not looking for crazy power yet) the majority of the money will be going into the rebuild, stock internals but a bottom and top rebuild. The head space route suites my level of experience, pocket and time but was hoping to hear some tried and tested experiences.

24 VR6 (BDF) 4motion

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I found the below site stating that they have a low comp head gasket for a 24v VR6 engine "all VR6 engines" can anyone confirm this? Every where else I see 12v low comp head gaskets but they all state to only be used on the 12v. Im looking at getting the 2 mm steel plate = 9,18:1. Has anyone used Bartek products before?

https://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/vr6-turbo-gasket-compression-reducing-solution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.