I bought an 18YO Audi nevAr Loose for a daily - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 94
    1. #26
      Member Jettaboy1884's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 20th, 2004
      Location
      North, NJ
      Posts
      7,450
      Very nice score, the interior (and the whole car really) look to be in great shape!

      This is pertinent to my interests as I am in the process of acquiring an old ('97) Audi. And similar to yours, it is located in PA and I am depending on a friend to check it out and deliver it. What could go wrong?

      Looking forward to updates, it looks like it's in good hands!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #27
      Member S1ack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2005
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      1,676


      Great thread OP.
      If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

    4. #28
      Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2006
      Location
      Somewhere close to Lyon Mountain.
      Posts
      24,211
      I drove one last year. They are fun cars. In for updates.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

    5. #29
      Member audicoupej's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2004
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      956
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDeckMan View Post
      Looking good! For front control arm bushings hit me up I have a solution that I run on mine that works really well out of UHMW.

      MK1 AMU 225's are tanks, sort of like a baby 996tt IMO.

      Hit up BBA reman for the cluster rebuild, make sure they rebuild the fuel and coolant gauges as well as those windings love to fail.
      Excited to try out these bushings in both the TT and my R32. Thanks for you help and input.

      Quote Originally Posted by VR6GURU View Post
      Nice,

      Keep us updated I still have a soft spot for these, especially the 3.2 mk1

      I'd love if it was a 3.2 but finding that with a manual and in the price range I wanted is impossible, but I have 3.2 VR6 already so it's nice to have something different.

      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      I did the LCD myself and stepper motors were all fine. But then it turned out the draw I was chasing was in the cluster.

      Sent it to speedometer solutions for them to do their fixes and firmware update.

      It isn't necessarily cheap, but if you need the steppers and the lcd then their full service which also sorts the draw problem is worth it imho.



      Congrats on the purchase
      Thanks. I was looking at their website I figured the full rebuild was best but I need to call them because online it says 10-20 days which is fine if I have no other choice, but that is not very quick service.

      Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      Congrats!
      Thank you.

      Quote Originally Posted by kraut_pauer79 View Post
      Good call starting with the timing belt, that is probably the best insurance you can buy with these cars. I'm not joking when I say they need replacement every 60K miles on a 1.8T, going any longer, you are living on borrowed time.

      Hopefully while the timing belt was apart, you popped the water pump off to see if its been replaced with a metal impeller unit. If it hasn't, the water pump will definitely crap on you in the not too distant future.

      That god damned mess of hoses and check valves that makes up the PCV/crankcase breather system will cause you lots of check engine lights, I'm pretty sure there are aftermarket silicone kits that are much better, definitely look into that.

      Keep good synthetic oil and factory filters in it, the longitudinal 1.8T's were much, much worse about oil sludging but it's definitely possible with the sideways engines if you neglect them enough. But you don't seem like one of "those" guys.

      Gen 1 TT's are so cool, thanks for polishing one up, their numbers have definitely dwindled.
      The waterpump was replaced with a metal impeller. I bought a nice kit with everything from FCPeuro. 60k intervals are my plan.
      I dug into the hose mess under the manifold today. Now time for more research on deleting stuff and replacing stuff.
      I run synthetic in everything and use OEM filters or Mann or Mahle.
      Thanks for the advice.

      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      One of the few truly classic designs to come out of the late 90’s/2000’s. Enjoy!
      The 4x4 look is killing me but I agree it has a timeless design.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jettaboy1884 View Post
      Very nice score, the interior (and the whole car really) look to be in great shape!

      This is pertinent to my interests as I am in the process of acquiring an old ('97) Audi. And similar to yours, it is located in PA and I am depending on a friend to check it out and deliver it. What could go wrong?

      Looking forward to updates, it looks like it's in good hands!
      Good luck with that. Hope to see a thread.

      Quote Originally Posted by S1ack View Post


      Great thread OP.
      Thank you.

      Quote Originally Posted by LT1M21Stingray View Post
      I drove one last year. They are fun cars. In for updates.
      I haven't driven it much but I enjoy it. The tiny mirrors definitely take some adjustment.
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

      John

    6. #30
      Member audicoupej's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2004
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      956
      I woke up today with my electric out. Mother Nature decided 5-6” of snow overnight was a fun trick for Spring. The snow stopped early and the temperature rose so it started melting.



      With the power not looking to return anytime soon and my house temperature dropping into the 50s I decided to work on my truck before the TT. My intake grid heater went bad so I had to R&R the heater.

      Old vs new heater.


      After that I decided to pick up a generator before I started work on the TT. When I returned home the power was on so time to work on the TT.

      The patient:



      Fuel rail and intake manifold removed.



      Found another cracked hose



      So now I have to decide if I should:

      Replace this hose.
      Replace all these hoses.
      Delete as much as possible. If I delete I will need a new tune to get rid of the SAI CEL.

      I also managed to break a nipple off of this check valve.




      At this point I was at a standstill. With the intake manifold out of the way, I cleaned up and wiped down everything I could. I also used a long attachment on my blowgun to blow away any loose debris.



      I can order this whole setup which seems smart if I don’t delete. I need to look into the aftermarket silicone breather kits too. Off to research.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

      John

    7. #31
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2006
      Location
      North Las Vegas
      Posts
      3,416
      Nice pickup!

      (picking up the TT that is, not necessarily the pickup truck towing it. )
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Here we can all drive like Colin McRae in his prime, earn $25k a month and bang super models. We can also text and drive.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You only live once, and you can file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy every 8 years.

    8. #32
      Member audicoupej's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2004
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      956
      Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      Nice pickup!

      (picking up the TT that is, not necessarily the pickup truck towing it. )
      Thanks.

      Since I’m waiting on parts I decided to clean up the throttle body and the intake manifold.








      After some all purpose cleaner and a lot of scrubbing.






      Sitting and waiting on parts




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

      John

    9. #33
      Clean car, I too am dailying a 20 y/o TT . I got it last summer knowing it needed a ton of work, it's been a love hate relationship as I hate working on it but it's quite pleasant when it's working.

      You seem like a VW guy so you probably know this, but new ignitions coils! I've had 7 cars with considerably higher mileage than my TT, TT is the only car that I've had a coil die on.
      Last edited by beefjerky; 04-19-2020 at 09:29 PM.

    10. #34
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 15th, 2013
      Posts
      267
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post

      My next big fix is the cluster LCD is shot and the coolant and gas gauge stepper motors need replacement. I'm debating fixing it myself or sending it out. Any suggestions?
      If you haven’t sent the cluster out yet, look up clusters by litke (I think that’s the name). He restores and retrofits an lcd display when possible.

      Love the purchase though. I regret letting go of my B6 Avant almost daily. Hopefully I can find something again one of these days when the world opens back up.

    11. #35
      Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2003
      Posts
      2,158
      Such a great stylish design, one of my favourite interiors too. Good luck OP, seems like it will be a fun project.

    12. #36
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2000
      Location
      Shepherdstown, WV
      Posts
      24,081
      Quote Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post

      You seem like a VW guy so you probably know this, but new ignitions coils! I've had 7 cars with considerably higher mileage than my TT, TT is the only car that I've had a coil die on.
      The bolt down coils on these early TTs are actually the most reliable long lasting coil vw/Audi has used since going coil on plug. In my experience they also rarely just fail outright like the push down ones and you have some misfires under load that pop up first.

      Sure maybe carry a spare but, it would be a waste of money to replace them if they are working.

    13. #37
      Member rammalammadingdong's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2nd, 2007
      Location
      Norf
      Posts
      1,479
      Love this project.

      How does your wife deal with the blind spot issues?
      Was going to buy one for my daughter, but she couldn’t get over the visibility issues (She’s tiny).

    14. #38
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2000
      Location
      Shepherdstown, WV
      Posts
      24,081
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post



      Thanks. I was looking at their website I figured the full rebuild was best but I need to call them because online it says 10-20 days which is fine if I have no other choice, but that is not very quick service.


      They weren't fast, but I wasn't entirely in a rush. I actually called to check and he said they were backed up it would be a few more days and then 2 hours later I got a shipping confirmation. So that may be a truck to motivate them.

    15. #39
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2008
      Location
      Harrisburg, PA
      Posts
      1,100
      Nice score and glad it went to a good home! I thought that car looked familiar and sure enough it used to regularly be parked at our office. No idea who owned it but I used to park my Mk1 and Mk2 next to it whenever I drove them to work.

      Last edited by SourKrout; 04-20-2020 at 09:25 AM.

    16. #40
      Member GolfTango's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2001
      Location
      Not Fancy, CT
      Posts
      12,199
      ^^ Small world!
      2013 Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      Instagram!

    17. #41
      Member Stromaluski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2005
      Location
      Greenville, SC
      Posts
      3,355
      Definitely in for this thread! My vote is to just delete everything.

      Quote Originally Posted by cseaman View Post
      B) How do the uhaul trailers perform on extended trips? Any issues behind your truck?
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
      I used one of these trailers twice in a month. 3 hour trip and 1 hour trip. It works great. A lowered car would need some boards but the stock height TT on flat ground had to issues. I drove up to 75-78mph loaded and unloaded with no issues. The duramax doesn't even know it's there. Best part is it's pretty cheap to rent if its just a day and return at the pickup location.
      I've used the uhaul trailers a handful of times. They get beat to crap because they're uhaul, but otherwise, I really like their car trailers. They're aluminum, so they aren't like towing 4 cars; they have self contained trailer brakes; and they have built in straps to hold the car in place. I would honestly consider buying one if I needed one regularly.

    18. #42
      Member audicoupej's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2004
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      956
      Quote Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
      Clean car, I too am dailying a 20 y/o TT . I got it last summer knowing it needed a ton of work, it's been a love hate relationship as I hate working on it but it's quite pleasant when it's working.

      You seem like a VW guy so you probably know this, but new ignitions coils! I've had 7 cars with considerably higher mileage than my TT, TT is the only car that I've had a coil die on.
      Thanks, Glad to hear you're not regretting it. Did you do any mods or fixes I might want to think about?

      I plan on buying an extra set of coilpacks but I'm not going to replace them until I rule everything out. I find it hard to believe 3 out of 4 started misfiring at the same time.


      Quote Originally Posted by Human5 View Post
      If you haven’t sent the cluster out yet, look up clusters by litke (I think that’s the name). He restores and retrofits an lcd display when possible.

      Love the purchase though. I regret letting go of my B6 Avant almost daily. Hopefully I can find something again one of these days when the world opens back up.
      Thanks for the suggestion. I'm in no rush to send it out since it is driveable as is. I checked out his FB page and his prices look pretty good so I will see what his turn around time is like. I'm also thinking a full color display would be nice especially if I can display boost in the cluster. That saves me buying a gauge. I will reach out to him to find out.

      Funny, I tried to buy a B6 avant manual but the kid was a punk so I walked away. Finding good cars at the right price is a test of patience.

      Quote Originally Posted by RainbowStalin View Post
      OP, I guess you've got lucky. One of my friends tried to buy simillar car and bought a pile of a scrap for $3000
      I browsed a lot of junk before this popped up. I looked at some of those heaps for $3000. I feel his pain. I was lucky because I had time on my side. I didn't need another car.

      Quote Originally Posted by chopWet View Post
      Such a great stylish design, one of my favourite interiors too. Good luck OP, seems like it will be a fun project.
      Thank you. I was surprised by the interior condition. It has held up really well for the age/mileage and still looks modern.

      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      The bolt down coils on these early TTs are actually the most reliable long lasting coil vw/Audi has used since going coil on plug. In my experience they also rarely just fail outright like the push down ones and you have some misfires under load that pop up first.

      Sure maybe carry a spare but, it would be a waste of money to replace them if they are working.
      I agree. I plan on spares as I mentioned above but I think my root cause is not a coilpack.

      Quote Originally Posted by rammalammadingdong View Post
      Love this project.

      How does your wife deal with the blind spot issues?
      Was going to buy one for my daughter, but she couldn’t get over the visibility issues (She’s tiny).
      I will have to report back. She has yet to drive it. But she is 5'9 so it might not be as big of an issue. Once it's back together I plan to put the gopro in and start teaching her.

      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      They weren't fast, but I wasn't entirely in a rush. I actually called to check and he said they were backed up it would be a few more days and then 2 hours later I got a shipping confirmation. So that may be a truck to motivate them.
      Good to know. I'm shopping around and am looking for the right combo of: speed, dollhairs, and what I am getting from the service.

      Quote Originally Posted by SourKrout View Post
      Nice score and glad it went to a good home! I thought that car looked familiar and sure enough it used to regularly be parked at our office. No idea who owned it but I used to park my Mk1 and Mk2 next to it whenever I drove them to work.

      That's really funny. Definitely a small world! He said he was going to look at a B7 RS4 and a B8 RS5 the day I picked up the car. Have you seen either in the same lot lately?

      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post
      ^^ Small world!
      No doubt!

      Quote Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
      Definitely in for this thread! My vote is to just delete everything.





      I've used the uhaul trailers a handful of times. They get beat to crap because they're uhaul, but otherwise, I really like their car trailers. They're aluminum, so they aren't like towing 4 cars; they have self contained trailer brakes; and they have built in straps to hold the car in place. I would honestly consider buying one if I needed one regularly.
      Right now I'm leaning towards replacing with the silicone hoses or just fixing what needs it. If I delete I will need a new tune for the SAI code to pass NYS inspection. I just got it inspected February so I have plenty of time but a new tune is netting me no gains (unless I do the E85 from Motozaperformance https://motozaperformance.com/produc...25-narrowband/

      The torque seems like it would be really fun on that but I wonder how my rods will like it long term?

      I agree, the Uhaul trailers are nice for the price.
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

      John

    19. #43
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
      Clean car, I too am dailying a 20 y/o TT <img src="https://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" class="inlineimg" />. I got it last summer knowing it needed a ton of work, it's been a love hate relationship as I hate working on it but it's quite pleasant when it's working.

      You seem like a VW guy so you probably know this, but new ignitions coils! I've had 7 cars with considerably higher mileage than my TT, TT is the only car that I've had a coil die on.
      Thanks, Glad to hear you're not regretting it. Did you do any mods or fixes I might want to think about?

      I plan on buying an extra set of coilpacks but I'm not going to replace them until I rule everything out. I find it hard to believe 3 out of 4 started misfiring at the same time.

      I haven't dove into any mods, and the only
      issue I had to chase down not mentioned here was a bad oil pressure sensor, but definitely check out this thread if you haven't, https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...topics/9366801
      A fellow member has done quite a comprehensive build on his TT

    20. #44
      Member audicoupej's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2004
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      956
      Quote Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
      I haven't dove into any mods, and the only
      issue I had to chase down not mentioned here was a bad oil pressure sensor, but definitely check out this thread if you haven't, https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...topics/9366801
      A fellow member has done quite a comprehensive build on his TT
      I read through Noah's thread. He has been very helpful so far and I ordered two sets of his control arm bushings for the TT and my R32.



      For anyone looking for a TT I found a twin to my car all stock in the vortex MK1 TT classifieds that looks to be in good shape.
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

      John

    21. #45
      Member TheDeckMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2004
      Posts
      19,312
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
      I read through Noah's thread. He has been very helpful so far and I ordered two sets of his control arm bushings for the TT and my R32.



      For anyone looking for a TT I found a twin to my car all stock in the vortex MK1 TT classifieds that looks to be in good shape.


      Happy to help!

    22. #46
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2003
      Location
      Richmond, VA
      Posts
      12,258
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
      I don't have big plans, just refresh it and enjoy it.
      I used one of these trailers twice in a month. 3 hour trip and 1 hour trip. It works great. A lowered car would need some boards but the stock height TT on flat ground had to issues. I drove up to 75-78mph loaded and unloaded with no issues. The duramax doesn't even know it's there. Best part is it's pretty cheap to rent if its just a day and return at the pickup location.

      I tried to get my wife to buy an RS3 or TTRS and she ended up getting a CPO Macan GTS, while it's not a rocket it's damn impressive for what it is. I'm still keeping my eye on RS3/TTRS prices though.
      Quote Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
      I've used the uhaul trailers a handful of times. They get beat to crap because they're uhaul, but otherwise, I really like their car trailers. They're aluminum, so they aren't like towing 4 cars; they have self contained trailer brakes; and they have built in straps to hold the car in place. I would honestly consider buying one if I needed one regularly.
      Thank you both for the feedback. I've been trying to justify purchasing a trailer before my next move, but if the uhaul trailers will do the job for dragging the RS3 behind the Silverado, I should probably give that a test run. I don't have a diesel, but I think the 5.3 should do decent enough.
      2019 RS3 // 2019 SQ5 // 2020 Silverado RST

    23. #47
      Member audicoupej's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2004
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      956
      Quote Originally Posted by cseaman View Post
      Thank you both for the feedback. I've been trying to justify purchasing a trailer before my next move, but if the uhaul trailers will do the job for dragging the RS3 behind the Silverado, I should probably give that a test run. I don't have a diesel, but I think the 5.3 should do decent enough.
      The 5.3 will be fine. My friend has used the same trailers to pull some vintage cars with his 5.3.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

      John

    24. #48
      Member juvefan20's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2001
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      1,023
      Being an owner of an 02 TT ALMS, I love this thread. I have had mine now for 3 years and bought it also with 162K and now sitting at just over 172K. I have done all the maintenance including TB, Haldex, fixed a few small vac leaks, brakes and rotors all around, and added an the Audi Sport( Alcantara) steering wheel. Actually I forgot to mention that I did front end links, new top mounts, front tie rods, and ball joints just as a refresher. The gas gauge was also a little wonky so I did a whole new fuel pump and float. I took the time to also paint the calipers which made things look a bit cleaner behind the RS4 style wheels.

      The only issue I have right now on is an exhaust leak from the rear exhaust flange from the Blue Flame exhaust system. Other than that the car has been problem free and I just got the Blackstone analysis which came back perfect. Doing most of these things myself has kept the cost of ownership just over 1k with alignments. I would be hard pressed to find a better deal.

      Sometimes I think of getting something else, but giving a perfect car up for 4-5k is hard to do. Anything as fun as the TT will be easily double the cost.
      Current: 2020 Acura MDX
      Past VAG vehicles: 15 GLI, 13 and 10 CC Sport, 2001 Jetta GLX, 2003 Audi A4 1.8T, 2007 Jetta GLI, 2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 02 TT ALMS

    25. #49
      Member tip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2008
      Location
      South Puget Sound
      Posts
      1,452
      Nice pickup, sub'd!

      *searches craiglist*
      @saugster_pnw

    26. #50
      Member audicoupej's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2004
      Location
      Binghamton, NY
      Posts
      956
      Quote Originally Posted by juvefan20 View Post
      Being an owner of an 02 TT ALMS, I love this thread. I have had mine now for 3 years and bought it also with 162K and now sitting at just over 172K. I have done all the maintenance including TB, Haldex, fixed a few small vac leaks, brakes and rotors all around, and added an the Audi Sport( Alcantara) steering wheel. Actually I forgot to mention that I did front end links, new top mounts, front tie rods, and ball joints just as a refresher. The gas gauge was also a little wonky so I did a whole new fuel pump and float. I took the time to also paint the calipers which made things look a bit cleaner behind the RS4 style wheels.

      The only issue I have right now on is an exhaust leak from the rear exhaust flange from the Blue Flame exhaust system. Other than that the car has been problem free and I just got the Blackstone analysis which came back perfect. Doing most of these things myself has kept the cost of ownership just over 1k with alignments. I would be hard pressed to find a better deal.

      Sometimes I think of getting something else, but giving a perfect car up for 4-5k is hard to do. Anything as fun as the TT will be easily double the cost.
      Glad to hear you’re enjoying yours and it’s been fairly problem free. But you might need to drive it more

      I’m debating a color to paint the calipers, mainly to keep them from getting rusted from road salt. What color did you choose? Do you have any pictures?
      Debating stealth look with black or silver
      Or some color using blue, red or yellow.


      Today my vacuum lines arrived so I put the car back together. I’m still waiting on the check valve I broke the nipple off. I thought my friend J-B Weld would help fix it until the new valve arrived. So last night I epoxied it.



      That didn’t last when I installed it today. It snapped right off despite my delicate touch. So I rigged it up with one of my other friends, Mr Ziptie. I doubt it’s doing much. But I had no misfire when I let it idle to warm up and test drove it.

      While I was putting everything back together I replaced the lines from the FPR and kombi valve. I just happened to have the right size hose laying around.

      I also noticed cracked insulation on the ground wire for the coil packs so I used some liquid electrical tape until I have time to rewire it properly.

      The intake manifold gasket and throttle body were replaced and everything was torqued to spec.

      Once I get the new check valve I will do a throttle body alignment.

      Everything felt good on the test drive. So I’m going to drive it to work tomorrow.





      Also my bi-xenon retrofit kit showed up. I will probably wait to install it until I ship the cluster out for repair.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

      John

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast