VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

3.6 24V VR6 Coolant Parts and Part Numbers

31K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  G60ING 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently URO Parts released an aluminum 3.6 Thermostat housing/pipe its about $60 on ECS and RockAuto. I installed one on a friends 3.6 and had no issues. I cleaned up some of the casting slag but it was minor and probably me being overly anal. The price of the part is about what the OEM plastic pipe costs.

Here are the part numbers for the other parts that touch the coolant pipe that I'd recommend changing at the same time:

See less See more
#4 ·
Great info! I've added a link to this in the B6 3.6 & 4motion Resource Thread under "Engine and Electrical".

Anecdotally I don't hear about these things failing in the 3.6, at least not at the rates that they did in the 12v/24v 2.8L engines. Have you?

#13 ·
I just ran into this problem and this thread helped me. I'm adding some more relevant data.

On the BLV it will look like this;
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

I drilled, tapped, and plugged the passenger side outlet on the crossover tube and added a pipe plug for security;
Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle

Parts# 16 & 18, I had made by Swoops@ www.SwoopsBUILT.com.

You can see them in the pictures below. Swoops had to build a jig and do all the relevant measurements to get everything together. But he is able to reproduce them now. Contact him directly for pricing if you're interested.
If someone has the ability to link this to the Passat 3.6 resource thread, please do. I don't have the ability to PM anyone yet as I haven't posted in a long time.
Font Auto part Automotive exterior Line art Pattern
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Gas Nickel Auto part