Bought a thing... a Blue thing (New GT4) - Page 3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene;114351019Full spec: [URL="http://www.porsche-code.com/PL8A85W6"
      Porsche Code (Configurator)[/URL]
      Or here:
      Yep, that will do quite nicely. Congrats again!
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice car!

A TFL question for you: Did you want to move into a house first before getting the GT4 or did this car come up and was too good of a deal to pass up?
      Kegels - Team MLP
      Pearl Jam - Hartford 10 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 11 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 11 | Rush - Bridgeport 12 | Soundgarden - NYC 13 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 13 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 13 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 13 | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hartford 14 | Steely Dan - Wallingford 14 | Yes - Mashantucket 17

Congrats. Everything about this car is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
      I wanted Miami Blue, 18-way (+ heated seats), PCCB, and gray stitching.
      Then, lo and behold, one with about 95% of the spec I wanted popped up for sale
      I fully intend to keep this "last of an era" (N/A, Manuel, #racecar) for as long as I can drive it.
      Congrats & excellent choice as a "last of an era" car... as a previous Cayman prospective buyer, I drool over these locally. I can see the 5% difference with the yellow stitching, but it's tolerable. Did you have the option of ordering your 100% spec?

Congrats on the GT car. Leather steering wheel is the correct option.

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Gorgeous car OP, stunning color.

Enjoy the hell out of it!
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Perfection - congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by DonPatrizio View Post
      Nice car!

A TFL question for you: Did you want to move into a house first before getting the GT4 or did this car come up and was too good of a deal to pass up?
      Yes, and yes. My lease was going to be up before we'd be ready to move into a house, and this sort of just showed up at a dealership and was almost exactly what I was going to wait to get anyway - so I just jumped on it.
      Surprisingly, I think a house is still in the cards (for next year). This doesn't break my current budget (2 income household, I'm a software developer) - but it is toeing the line a little

Getting a 992 with what I wanted would have required a discount and cashing out a larger chunk of my savings. This only required my down payment and I've kept my savings intact (although the current market isn't helping it).

Quote Originally Posted by NoGrip61 View Post
      Congrats & excellent choice as a "last of an era" car... as a previous Cayman prospective buyer, I drool over these locally. I can see the 5% difference with the yellow stitching, but it's tolerable. Did you have the option of ordering your 100% spec?
      With the current state of orders / factory shutdown, even people with active allocations in the pipeline are having massive (>4 week) delays and seeing their cars not done until end of May.
      I wasn't even in the pipeline yet, so a guesstimate would be that I wouldn't have gotten a car until August/September at the earliest.
      With how close this car was to what I wanted (same exterior color, wheel color, brakes, seats, and a couple convenience necessities) it was worth it to me to jump on it now.
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

2020 718 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE - gone
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - gone

Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Totally forgot about that. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Especially if youre into keeping people chained in your basement for 15 years.
      Typical Miata driver.

For those complaining about gearing, there are various options for shortening up the gear ratios. Price isn't really that bad by P-car standards:

https://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-10

Send me a PM with your phone #/instagram... have a couple ideas for you!
      Wuste European Car Festival The West Coast's LARGEST European Car Show!

What a car, congrats!

I drove a GT4 on the nurburgring and fell in love. Decided I will need one. Maybe after my 996. I just enjoy everything about the gt4

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      2012 CTS-V Wagon 6MT w/ Recaro package - Stock. For now....
      2012 C63 AMG - P31/Eurocharged V5/Loaded option car -SOLD
      2011 Audi S4 6MT- Heavily modded -SOLD
      Co-Founder Momentum Nutrition LLC
      momentum-nutrition.com

More picture tax:

Lovely color and great spec, congrats

Very, very nice.

Son, in this post OP buys $100k Porsche and lives in the projects

Holy sweet **** what a great colour choice. Makes a perfect car perfecter.
      1998 m3, Technoviolet/anthrazit cloth, 114k and officially worthless.
      2000 323i touring, Titanium silver/grey, 163k and officially boring
      1989 m3, Alpineweiss/schwarz, 142k and officially old

It will be mainly a daily driver (yes, even winter). But I'd be mad at myself if it never saw the track. I usually plan to do 1-2 days at the track each summer (either Mid-Ohio or Nelson's Ledges)
      Awesome, glad to hear it'll make it to the track!

Regarding snows, do 19s clear the PCCBs? Or are you planning on running those Pirelli 20s?

One of the best road cars Porsche has ever made (and the best one they make currently-fight me), in one of the best colors. Well done, sir.

And when it starts feeling a little too normal for you, save up your pennies and send it out to the gents at Sharkwerks. Their work is magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost03 View Post
      Awesome, glad to hear it'll make it to the track!

Regarding snows, do 19s clear the PCCBs? Or are you planning on running those Pirelli 20s?
      It'll have to be 20s.... did a quick search on the 981 GT4 w/ Ceramics on Tirerack and they only have 20" options.
      I have a set ready to go based on the 981 GT4 Porsche winter package: 235/35R20 Front, 275/30R20 Rear (Pilot Alpin PA4 N-Spec) - just holding off for now on this $4000 purchase
      I can get the stock sizes (245 F, 295 R) as well, but I'd prefer the slimmer size in winter.

FYI: The ceramics are the same brakes as the 911 range. Almost completely fill out the 20" wheel in front with maybe a 1/2" of room between the caliper and barrel.
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

2020 718 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE - gone
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - gone

beautiful car op, I can only imagine driving such a nice piece of an automobile

Quote Originally Posted by Subaruski1 View Post
      Son, in this post OP buys $100k Porsche and lives in the projects
      This is not Bogleheads or Mr. Money Mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      For those complaining about gearing, there are various options for shortening up the gear ratios. Price isn't really that bad by P-car standards:

https://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-10
      Not bad at all - surprised Porsche just doesn't offer a "Sport Gearing" option from the factory and charge a few grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinhead1 View Post
      This is not Bogleheads or Mr. Money Mustache.

It'll have to be 20s.... did a quick search on the 981 GT4 w/ Ceramics on Tirerack and they only have 20" options.
      I have a set ready to go based on the 981 GT4 Porsche winter package: 235/35R20 Front, 275/30R20 Rear (Pilot Alpin PA4 N-Spec) - just holding off for now on this $4000 purchase
      I can get the stock sizes (245 F, 295 R) as well, but I'd prefer the slimmer size in winter.

FYI: The ceramics are the same brakes as the 911 range. Almost completely fill out the 20" wheel in front with maybe a 1/2" of room between the caliper and barrel.
      Haha probably worth it to have those enormous brakes. Didn't know there was a Michelin option too. I think you're on Rennlist, I've seen a few lightly used winter sets in various sizes at good prices there in the Fall. I never got around to getting the 19" set last winter but I'm hoping to this winter, either new or used depending on what I can find.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast