Lease hack on a wagon with a plaid interior
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lease hack on a wagon with a plaid interior

The Volvo deals are really ramped up for May as they look for the few remaining people who are actually buying. I tracked this deal down through the Leasehackr forums - 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country T5 with the City Weave Textile interior. This is by far the nicest car interior I've ever owned. I am absolutely in love with these ridiculous seats. With nothing up front other than fees and multiple security deposits, this came out to a hair over $300/mo before taxes.

Short term plans include a roof rack to throw our roof box on top. I expect I'll have to pick up some snow tires in the fall, I don't see these 19" Pirellis doing well in the snow.

Compared to our previous F34 335i, it's far more comfortable and quiet. It's a bit more practical due to the proper wagon roofline, but otherwise about the same size, maybe short about an inch on rear legroom. Still plenty of room for two child seats in the rear. Power is more than plenty, but I will miss the power delivery of the 335i, which in Sport Plus mode is properly angry. Volvo does not do angry.
      | 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country | 2014 Cadillac ATS Performance |

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congrats! Looks great inside and out. Too bad they don't offer the T6 motor on the XC.

Extra details on the process in COVID-19 times. I went through a broker, so I was able to get a fantastic deal with zero negotiation. Worked out the numbers with the broker over text message, then he put me in touch with the dealer finance guy. Short phone call with him, online finance application, paperwork over email, and the car was delivered to my door by the salesman. I literally never left the house.

DAMN. This is how you do it.

Care to share how you found your broker, and what that market looks like? I would LOVE to have an experience as fast as this while still finding a good deal.

Nice. I came close to pulling the trigger on a used S90 recently. The current Volvo’s are just gorgeous, inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmeeee View Post
      Extra details on the process in COVID-19 times. I went through a broker, so I was able to get a fantastic deal with zero negotiation. Worked out the numbers with the broker over text message, then he put me in touch with the dealer finance guy. Short phone call with him, online finance application, paperwork over email, and the car was delivered to my door by the salesman. I literally never left the house.

Nice! What you're doing there is initiating change in our current outdated dealer system. Well done.

And the car looks great! I love that top 3/4 shot. Volvo has some serious design mojo going on right now. That is a very handsome car. I hope it treats you well!
      We are buying cars! If you have an exceptional classic/collector/enthusiast vehicle of any generation, please DM me! www.hymanltd.com

That is insanely low, and on a nice car, too.

Unless you're limited to 500 miles a year.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

damn that a stunning wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Pnuu View Post
      DAMN. This is how you do it.

Care to share how you found your broker, and what that market looks like? I would LOVE to have an experience as fast as this while still finding a good deal.
      Start reading the Leasehackr Marketplace forum. I used the BostonCarConcierge guy and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him, but you might want to see what is closer to you first. He does usually offer to work with any state but CA, but I think that's temporarily not true due to many states having DMV's closed.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/c/marketplace/7

Love it. I'm recently obsessed with these cars even though they are out of my price range (even with the big discounts). Volvo has just so nailed wagon design language over the decades and this latest one is a stunner (as is the V90).

That blue is my favorite, and I love the interior but I'm afraid how it would hold up long term (the lightest sections, not the plaid, I love the plaid.)
      Last edited by Sporin; 05-13-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Good score! I love new Volvo designs inside and out.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 | 2018 RAM 1500 | 2000 Cobalt 246 w/454 Mag MPI

Very nice, congrats. A V60 wagon is on my shortlist for a new car.
      iain

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfUnV View Post
      he stuck his thumb into my butt cheek, held it there for 2-3 minutes, and i haven't had any pain since.

Been watching these... Did you qualify for First Responder and Loyalty and Costco?

Haven't figured out how to get to $300/mo... 36/10?

Or was this a demo?
      Last edited by Nourdmrolnmt; 05-13-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmeeee View Post
      Had you previously test driven one?

Wow, that's a great looking car!

I'm so envious of the lease deals you folks get south of the border. If I could get that car for $400 a month up here in Canada I'd jump at it in a heartbeat.

Great-looking car (that interior is ) and that’s a fantastic deal as well. Congrats, and enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt View Post
      Been watching these... Did you qualify for First Responder and Loyalty and Costco?

Haven't figured out how to get to $300/mo... 36/10?

Or was this a demo?
      It was a demo, but with only 30 miles. Qualified for conquest ($1k) and Costco. MSD's bring it down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Had you previously test driven one?
      Sat in it at a car show, but hadn't driven. Normally I wouldn't buy without driving, but I'm not going into any business right now unless I absolutely have to. As soon as they dropped it at the house we Clorox wiped every touch point just to be sure.

Volvo is KILLING IT

I saw the deals and it's nice to hear it really is as easy as they presented it! I really love the cloth interior which don't seem too common. I drove a V60 in the fall and came close to grabbing one for my parents. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experience with it!

Beautiful spec and very fitting for New England. Volvo is definitely on our radar as an X3 replacement down the road. Do you know if those plaid seats are unique to the V60 or can you find that in other models as well?
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Congrats on the deal and the Volvo looks beautiful!

Great pickup! Except you buying from a Communist China-owned company, these are a great deal.

~$300 a month on a V60CC is a steal. And those plaid seat

I'm so glad Volvo is still selling wagon.

Gorgeous. Nice work!

I had no idea Volvo did an interior like that. This may be the only desirable wagon in the US? That is beautiful!
      GLi : M3 : CX5
      OSD#2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast