VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

EOS Door Sagging

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Techvet 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 EOS that runs well, but the driver side door is sagging down a lot, maybe even bent down. With summer finally here, I'd love to take this baby back on the road without a broken door! Does anyone have experience with these types of doors? I went to Autozone and they did not have any pins or bushing to replace anything for the VW EOS. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful!

#2 ·
The doors for the EOS are VERY heavy. No AutoZone or Advance Autoparts will have parts to service the EOS beyond maybe an engine part or two and body parts will be way out of their league. Recently, there was a great write-up over on vweosclub.com about how to align the doors. One of the guys over there has a similar sounding situation, so before you do anything it is worth a read. Just log in and do a search on doors and it should pop up. The bottom line is that it is possible to adjust the doors, but you must do so VERY carefully and with loads of preparation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.