VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

G60 coolant temp sensor cable colors?

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Tommy_F 
#1 ·
Hello! (from Sweden)

I have a corrado G60 (1990) which does not go well. (I bought it broken to trying to fix it)
I suspect the cables are wrong to the temp sensors.
There are 2 contacts that are black on the water flange, shouldn't it be a black and a blue contact from the start?

I'm thinking that they may have changed one, And that's why I suspect it may be wrong cables to?

The temp sensor closest to the cylinder head is black. And the cables to it are yellow/red and brown.
(If I see it right)

The temp sensor at the far end of it is blue. And the cables to it are green/brown and white/brown. Is that how it should be?

And what is the difference between blue and black temp sensors? Thought to order new ones and there is one with OE 025906041A and one with OE 251919501A

Does it matter which one I choose? Or should it be one of each? And how should they be placed in such a case?

Very grateful for help! :)

Here is some picture of it

See less See more
#2 ·
The signal wire to the ecu should be brown/green and to the gauge it should be yellow/red. Engine clt is blue and gauge is black and they do have different temp/resistance curves. The other wire on the sensor should have continuity to ground at the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.