VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

two recovered R32 seats.

13K views 72 replies 20 participants last post by  dredward1 
#1 ·
I have 2 recovered r32 seats, black, and leather. I want $2800 for the pair.... These seats are hard to come by, even harder when completely restored:

See less See more
#18 ·
My question was for the general people looking at this post. I know that they were not covered by OEM leather. Due to the ripples at some of the bends in the material. I just wanted the OP to say it as a disclaimer. Come on everyone, lets not bash anymore. If you do not like it, move on, even if the asking price is a little :)laugh:) ridiculous.

OP glws bud, Hope you the best on you selling your seats for your asking price.

#26 ·
I’ve had two R32s for a while now. One thing I know for sure, passenger-side leather is not available and hasn’t been for years ... here or abroad.
I put new leather (upper and lower) on the driver’s side of one R.
I’ve always wondered if you could force left-side leather onto the right-side seat.
If you look at the picture of these seats, the R logo on the passenger seat is crooked.
Seller: Did you find NOS passenger leather, or use driver leather on both sides?
Regardless, those are sweet. GLWTS

#28 ·
Don’t mean to piss in your cornflakes OP but your price is outrageous. I paid $1,000 for 2 mint cloth fronts (mint meaning they came out of a R32 that had 2,000 original miles) which are MORE rare than leather as there were less made. I mean if you can get that then good on you but don’t be surprised if you sit on these forever. The leather doesn’t even look like it’s tight to the seats. Glws regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 · (Edited)
Key word is "cloth". Leather seats will always be worth way more then cloth. if i was selling cloth you'd be pissing in corn flakes., I am not. i am selling leather done on a top notch level. They are tight. They look as good or better then the seats in my car in 2005. Thanks for well wishes. I have time and am willing to hold. My price is beyond fair. am also willing to move within reason.

#34 ·
The oem Seat covers are no longer available. And we are all saying that if they were OEM seat covers then your.price would be a little more acceptable for soneone doing a full restoration to factory spec. And the r32 cloth seats are fare more rarer than the leather ones. (The only cloth part are the inserts). We've all also said that your price is a little high. Something is only worth what people are willing to pay. you may find a buyer eventually..but you may have to sit on them for a really long time..

Sent via Carrier Pigeon

#35 ·
I know the OEM seat covers are no longer available. For this reason they are Valuable esp when leather. Hell no one is out there asking or advertising for non leathers. Yes you and a few people who have no intentions of buying my seats have complained about price being too high. I get it you will get some seat like theses for a few hundred buck lol. I am not in a hurry but they wkll be picked up by someone who understands the value.

#36 ·
Most of the people who have made extensive comments about your price all own mk4 r32's. I myself have a minty clean one with a the cloth inserts. theres also another person selling OEM front and rear seats with a driver repaired for $1000 less than you. No one is doubting you have something special. We are all just saying that your intended price is high. they were not recovered in OEM covers, they were done probably with better materials... but that doeant necessarily help their value. And the cost associated with such materials doeant compound onto the price. (A $500 set of wheels that someone gets powdercoated for $400 doesnt make them worth $900, theyre still $500 wheels) The value of these should be right around the 1800-2000 mark on the high end.

Sent via Carrier Pigeon

#41 ·
I almost went there myself(getting aftermarket seats). However after pricing after market leather seats i went this route. I got a used set
but center area a driver side bolster need work. The guy who did recommended i just go ahead and do entire seat so i did. The biggest hurdle was getting the R and Konig logo embroidered. That was over $100 a seat just for that(the seats in my car did get the Konig embroidered). He did such a great job i had him do the extra set of seats i had. Where do you live? I suggest checking these seats out in person. Also get a quote locally. The guy who did embroidery worked with the upholsterer. EVERY upholsterer i talked to could do everything but the embroidery.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.