There is a good chance that I will sign onto a permanent remote-work arrangement next week. The job is fine, but what's really appealing is being able to work wherever I want. The freedom has me considering all sorts of options, with a road/work trip at the forefront. Basically, I'd like to pack my car, grab my work laptop, and slowly make my way around the great U.S. of A.
I see all sorts of road trip threads, but haven't come across a hybrid like this: I'm technically still on the clock (at least during the mornings when I'm on the phone), but want to post up in various places. Some immediate questions come to mind:
- Where would I work? I need an internet connection, but coffee shops and the like may get tiresome. Coworking spaces look like a good international option, but I see very little in the USA
- Where will I sleep? A tent with a good sleeping bag + pad is an obvious choice, given that I find safe campsites. My GTI wouldn't be the best place to sleep...
- How should I maintain a healthy diet? I'd like to stretch this out over many weeks, and that's a lot of eating out. I'd try to be disciplined and avoid junk, but that can only last so long
- Where should I go? Sight-seeing, automotive-related landmarks, River Rat Rallies...
- How should this be managed during COVID? Is this even a good idea for later this summer?
If this all works out, I will be a very lucky guy. I'd like to make this opportunity count. Thanks for the thoughts