And you thought it was over... CARB, Automakers & The Trump Administration - Page 6
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
      I dont know whats worse on TCL.... the corny high school clique, or the way threads go when politics are involved
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The A1 and A2 German View Post
      And able to do $100k bets , can you? Hello? Maybe a wager that my positive metrics from 401k policy, bank membership status, credit score, property ownership, credentials, health, stature, moral & social standards eclipse most, if not yours? .

Imagine the embarrassing, self-conscious conversations this dude must have with himself to pull a masterpiece like this out on an internet forum
      SS registry owner-emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Honestly, any point you're trying to make is covered in tons of crap-slinging, so it's tough to discern what you're even trying to say. Let's try to dig out the points here and filter the noise out.

- " the actions of people do not align with their beliefs."

Votes count as actions, so when we vote on representatives to enact a set of rules in order to lessen our environmental damage, that's an action someone can take. This speaks to the need to have environmental protection regulation because we can't rely on each individual consumer or company to act in any interest other than their own immediate want. So you create some incentive to do what's better for the environment, or create rules to lessen the damage, which is what CA has done in this case.

-"People are talking about Trump supporters instead of talking about rioters"

Not sure what to tell you on this one. I think we'd all agree that looting, violence and destruction is bad, and very few would actually support that behavior. Comparing Trump supporters' actions to the actions of lawless looters is a bit unusual since one group is following the lead of the POTUS, where the other is a leaderless group of people who want to use necessary protest as cover to do illegal stuff. If you can find the leader who is coordinating all this "leftist" damage, let's call them out and hold them accountable the same way we should hold Trump accountable for the crap he's pushing and the actions his supporters take when they're following his lead.

And again, what are you trying to bet $100k on? That your "positive metrics from 401k policy, bank membership status, credit score, property ownership, credentials, health, stature, moral & social standards eclipse most, if not yours?"

Half of those things are worded like you have no experience with them, and the other half aren't even measurable (moral standards?), but you want to bet $100k that yours are better than the average? Crazy.
      I how I clearly state content, even using metaphors to drive my content home.

I how you mention votes, when the majority of the population do not vote.

Actions count, not a "check mark at the ballot".

Use your vote as action, while your actions don't align with your vote.

You vote to save the oceans, oh yes you did! You voted! Yet, you shove sea food down your throat hand over fist.

Thank you for proving me correct , a vote for the environment, while you drive your rwd, v8 5000lb beast to the voting booth.

You don't get it. I'm not bewildered by individuals lives, drive what you like eat as you please, I'm bewildered there's no individual participation.

But hey! You voted! While having a GIGANTIC carbon footprint.

Per my very post, #26, I showed people don't care, then...I backed it up.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

You vote to save the oceans, oh yes you did! You voted! Yet, you shove sea food down your throat hand over fist.

Thank you for proving me correct , a vote for the environment, while you drive your rwd, v8 5000lb beast to the voting booth.

You don't get it. I'm not bewildered by individuals lives, drive what you like eat as you please, I'm bewildered there's no individual participation.

You're really making a lot of assumptions about people in this thread. I'm overweight, and I eat meat. Between my wife and I we don't exactly drive the most practical or fuel efficient vehicles. We don't live in a tiny house. That doesn't mean I don't care about animals or forests or oceans or the future of the world.

Short of jumping off a bridge, my wife and I are doing the absolute #1 thing anyone can do for the earth - Not reproducing. That however does not give me the right to point out anyone with kids who wants to save a whale is a hypocrite and therefore I can continue on my merry way guilt free.

Keep jabbing. You've got that strawman on the ropes. Just a few more accusations of hypocrisy and he'll be down for the count! Before COVID-19, I was driving my 5000lb v8 beast a couple miles to the train station and taking mass transit to work. I don't subsist on only home grown foods and collected rain water. I am peak hypocrite.

All you're doing is making the case that more regulation is needed since you think people can't be trusted to participate in making things better. There isn't hypocrisy in voting for rules that you'll need to follow as well, even if you don't proactively adhere to them yet.

Now let's hear more about that bet. Exactly how big is your "401k policy" and "bank membership status", or am I going to need to pony up some cash to get a peek?
      Last edited by westsideseal; 06-30-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Has anyone figured out what this guy is going on about and what he wants to bet SoS over?

His
      Randomly
      Spaced

Posts don’t make
      Any

Sense.

He’s clearly got all the answers to life, the universe, and everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      You're really making a lot of assumptions about people in this thread.

That's my whole point! That IS the point . They're not assumptions, that's EXACTLY why I didn't ghost the thread when someone attempted to dismiss my content, and I provided information to show my content was true.

Yet, people care to make a mess of things, take it personal, and argue. Imagine someone arguing with you about say...the divorce rate in America. It doesn't have to be an argument, yet, people will take it personal, or be "offended" as come from a broken home themselves, or whatever.

See, again...I wouldn't say anything if the real life "pro-Earth" participation rates were in the majority and people were "doing" opposed to "talking".

A) Caloric Intake of 4,000 calories

That's not an attack. That's not an insult. That's not defamation. That's not juvenile. That's not childish content. That's saying, take a minute to smell the roses & look in the mirror.

That, is a very large contribution of GHG's while people scream tail pipe emissions. While, driving an impractical vehicle. News flash I'm NOT attacking anyone for doing so, I'm making a solid point that the actions don't align with the behavior of the majority.

And you're spot on about going "child-less", the biggest impact one can have is by not reproducing. Probably the best thing for this planet is if we could ease down to ~13th, 14th, 15th century population levels.

Keep jabbing.
      Voter participation doesn't align with stating "people care by voting."

Nice try though.

It's like stating people care by buying American, yet the majority of the population buy foreign, and when to voted on to produce pro-American goods...the voter participation was low.

See, not arguing, I'm stating your content only aligns with "your beliefs", yet doesn't as a whole amongst the hundreds of millions of people.

And you thought it was over... CARB, Automakers & The Trump Administration

Voter participation doesn't align with stating "people care by voting."

Nice try though.

It's like stating people care by buying American, yet the majority of the population buy foreign, and when to voted on to produce pro-American goods...the voter participation was low.

See, not arguing, I'm stating your content only aligns with "your beliefs", yet doesn't as a whole amongst the hundreds of millions of people.
      You’re not making any sense. If we both agree that individuals don’t care enough to address the issue through individual action, it stands to reason that those of us who do vote need to vote for reps that will put in regulations to compel the change we need. Whether we voters as individuals take any action beyond voting isn’t an argument against the need to vote in the interest of the environment.

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Has anyone figured out what this guy is going on about and what he wants to bet SoS over?
      Best I could gather, he wanted to bet me $100k that I eat 4,000 calories a day, and illegally dump e-waste.

His data points aren't wrong for the average American, but like I said last night, building up a fake person and then steering it my direction made me laugh. I've had more productive conversations with my 3 year old nephew about which are better, dinosaurs or ghosts.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Best I could gather, he wanted to bet me $100k that I eat 4,000 calories a day, and illegally dump e-waste.

His data points aren't wrong for the average American, but like I said last night, building up a fake person and then steering it my direction made me laugh. I've had more productive conversations with my 3 year old nephew about which are better, dinosaurs or ghosts.
      Definitely dinosaurs

Definitely dinosaurs
      I was told with a lot of conviction that it was ghosts, because they can go through walls. Gray was pretty darn stern about it.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

It's always amazing to me how the stereotypes keep being proven by the stoopids. Calm refutation with solid facts is met with red faced screaming about nonsense... Over, and over, again. At this point I would be happy for the Blue states to leave and let the Reds be happy wallowing in their own s**t.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Mercedes typically makes awful manual transmissions and fantastic auto transmissions. Choosing the stick would be like saying, "Y'know, that Natalie Portman is pretty hot, but if she grew some hair on her legs and had a dong, she'd be just right."
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Was it parked on the curb on garbage day?

Definitely dinosaurs
      What if it's a ghost of a dinosaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt View Post
      What if it's a ghost of a dinosaur?
      Well ****. I think I need to FaceTime Gray and ask, as that wasn't on the table when we talked about it on Saturday.

Definitely dinosaurs
      Unbelievable! I knew it" "Dinosaurs' Gaseous Emissions Warmed Earth? Giant plant-eaters known as sauropods may have heated the planet by releasing huge amounts of methane, a new study says."

Oh come on kinda funny (like my grammar). Probably didn't even vote! Let's bet!

Unbelievable! I knew it" "Dinosaurs' Gaseous Emissions Warmed Earth? Giant plant-eaters known as Karenopods may have heated the planet by releasing huge amounts of methane, a new study says."
      Fixed that for you. It's well known that prehistoric Karen's are to blame. They get gassy when they eat too many calories.

Well ****. I think I need to FaceTime Gray and ask, as that wasn't on the table when we talked about it on Saturday.
      Needed more scotch...

The wife hates when I go down the "continual question" path with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I’m all for 1 standard, but lets use the more stringent one. It’s the very least we can do for the environment. I live in a CARB state, it is not a big deal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducman69 View Post
      I realize that was way too long to read, so to summarize...

MAGA Green Future, fueling trees w/ CO2:

Cali Pale Future, trees suffocating:

Its science.

You just have too many people crammed into deserts (LA) and what not.

I wasn't talking about standard unification, I was talking about different standards. The more rapidly restrictive you make the standards, as Obama was pushing, the more expensive and lower performance the vehicles become. This isn't rocket science, and I'm not sure how you can refute that with a straight face. We've already been through this once before in the 1980s which lead to a decade of craptastic cars thanks to government restrictions that came too soon and too fast.
      As an automotive engineer, I can tell you, that's complete bs. The excuse for moving manufacturing to lower cost locations was so the automakers could create more high paying jobs in engineering and design. If you don't have continuous improvement, you won't have any need for those higher end innovation jobs. It's not going to happen from just competition, as evidenced from products available 3rd world markets - it will happen through regulation. The crap of the 80's was in no way because of government restrictions - the Japanese gained marketshare and met the same regulations. And as someone already mentioned, you must be brainwashed by the corporate mumbo-jumbo to think that costs saved in engineering would translate to cheaper cars instead of filling executives bonus packages.

You might have heard about the US DOE's SuperTruck program? Cummins-Peterbilt demonstrated a semi that could realistically achieve 9mpg. That's for a class-8 truck, equalling the Ford Excusrion. Daimler (Freightliner-Detroit Diesel) demonstrated a 12.2mpg semi under the same program. Back in 2011-12. So go figure. We can pretty much manage to engineer anything to save the logistics companies or Walmarts save billions a year in running costs. Porsche can't cram giant turbos or into their 1960's RR bodyshell, maybe

But you can continue to be a shrill for another industry if you think losing oil and coal will cause trouble in Texas. Which, like California, also pretty much a desert state. You sound like the kind of guy who'd rather have 11 year old boys continue to be chimney sweeps and carpet weavers because regulating child labour would be a loss of income for thousands of families, instead of the economy creating different jobs through mandatory education and regulation.

Explain to the class why the average European's vehicle ownership costs are so much higher and why they on average have far lower performance powertrains as an average if its not because of restrictive government regulations? And if we're going to unify to the EU regulations, wouldn't we too be pushed into the controversial performance killing expensive Euro 7 as well?
      Quote Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt View Post
      so perfect an answer.

Ducman - also consider common sense possibilities: think about why the same model luxury European cars cost (initially) less in the US (hint: taxes that pay for public transport that may not be as useful in lower density US sprawls) and then research reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post

His
      Randomly
      Spaced

Posts don’t make
      Any

Sense.

He’s clearly got all the answers to life, the universe, and everything though.
      His 4000 calorie vomiting has kept this going and made it entertaining though. A bot couldn't randomize words so good. Afterall, I jumped on too

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar

Now let's hear more about that bet. Exactly how big is your "401k policy" and "bank membership status", or am I going to need to pony up some cash to get a peek?
      I hear mall security pays great!
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      I hear mall security pays great!
      Have you been paying attention to the state of malls over the last few years?
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Have you been paying attention to the state of malls over the last few years?
      The divided foodcourt is what's wrong with malls today. Instead of keeping them all separate they need to have one large restaurant that serves ALL the food. Mixed, just what these malls need. No more separation in their food. All food is equal!
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Fish on! Fish on! Hope you set your drag properly!

Says the racist leftists, you know, who nominated a:

Rich, white, male for representation

And left the:

Not so rich, minority, and many females, in the dust no f's given.

No outrage for all the leftists assaulting, killing and doing $400,000,000+ in damages this month? You know, pounding the piss outta whites while screaming your cause?

Show me screen shots of your fake outrage amongst the Obama, Clinton & Biden trifecta of Hillary's life long mentor Robert Byrd. A senior KKK, official recruiter for the Klan. Will making homophobic remarks, and pushing to not allow enlistment into the armed forces.

Shall we keep going? Or call a draw?

The violence, property damage, lack of composer, anarchy, death, assaults, doxing, screaming, rioting, looting, injury, attempted vehicular man slaughter....

Try this for size, show me the counter to the leftist mob who destroyed my work: "Millions in damage at Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall and area after Saturday night protests turn violent."

That's a leftist mob, get it? Show me 500+ Trump supporters going full blown anarchy? Death, injury, assault, ruined businesses.

Hello? Hellllllooooooo? Mcfly?

Oh, that's just Scottsdale, shall we add the other 20 cities which would make a ratio of left vs right on anarchy to:

.05:10 (32 power)

------------------------------------------------

Politics aside, and a serious question: If people claim to care so much about the environment, why isn't anyone doing anything on an individual scale? Seems like a lot of talk with no substance. I'm surprised the streets are filled with ~40mpg ruckus's, mopeds, etc...hell...they'd end up paying for themselves.
      Nobody in this thread has any idea what you're raving on about. You sound like you need to dial down the meth.
      | 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country | 2014 Cadillac ATS Performance |

Quote Originally Posted by Chmeeee View Post
      Nobody in this thread has any idea what you're raving on about. You sound like you need to dial down the meth.
      But the rioters, they took his mall!
      Instagram - efrie004

I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      The divided foodcourt is what's wrong with malls today. Instead of keeping them all separate they need to have one large restaurant that serves ALL the food. Mixed, just what these malls need. No more separation in their food. All food is equal!
      Many moons ago, before the time of 'Rona, this would have been a revelation. But in current times it seems like a curse.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast