And you thought it was over... CARB, Automakers & The Trump Administration - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
      Hahahahahahahahahaa

What. A. Joke.

You're going to blame starving polar bears, pollution, and air quality on Trump. You're delusional, out of touch and shouldn't have engagement with other adults.

The majority of all vehicles in the entire Untied States are impractical , not alone for your daily affairs: Stop talking like you give a chit, you don't

What's your 50, 60, 70 mpg mode of transportation to "just shoot down to Home Depot, or Fry's, or the bank?" Mines 80mpg. Stop talking like you care

90% of the population is fat (and or blatantly out of shape) while you shove 4,000+ calories down your eso-pha-gus precipice while you eat for sport. While food, has one of the largest carbon footprints possible. Stop eating with your mouth full, it's full, no need to shove more in Lol Vortex doesn't like the word eso-pha-gus

While the majority of the entire population is a criminal. Never been to your local municipal hazardous waste disposable centers? That's because you're a criminal. It's illegal to throw away a large spectrums of goods from certain types of light bulbs, batteries and other house hold products. And you're how old??...and never been??? Gee you don't say color me shocked!!!!!

Wait, you're never accumulated your 'e-waste' for the city bi-annual pickup? NEVER???????????? Mewh

This society will not only go down for just their TDS, yet for the most charlatan in history while complaining about everything.

- "I care! Orange man bad!!!!!!"
      - No, acutely you're opinion doesn't add up to support anything, it acutely shows the opposite. Your individual carbon footprint is terrible, now keep your head down & go get back in your 3800lb V6 rwd vehicle and run errands all day for the next 30+ years.
      Last edited by The A1 and A2 German; 06-30-2020 at 01:12 AM.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by The A1 and A2 German View Post
      Hahahahahahahahahaa

What. A. Joke.

You're going to blame starving polar bears, pollution, and air quality on Trump. You're delusional, out of touch and shouldn't have engagement with other adults.

The majority of all vehicles in the entire Untied States are impractical , not alone for your daily affairs: Stop talking like you give a chit, you don't

What's your 50, 60, 70 mpg mode of transportation to "just shoot down to Home Depot, or Fry's, or the bank?" Mines 80mpg. Stop talking like you care

90% of the population is fat (and or blatantly out of shape) while you shove 4,000+ calories down your eso-pha-gus precipice while you eat for sport. While food, has one of the largest carbon footprints possible. Stop eating with your mouth full, it's full, no need to shove more in Lol Vortex doesn't like the word eso-pha-gus

While the majority of the entire population is a criminal. Never been to your local municipal hazardous waste disposable centers? That's because you're a criminal. It's illegal to throw away a large spectrums of goods from certain types of light bulbs, batteries and other house hold products. And you're how old??...and never been??? Gee you don't say color me shocked!!!!!

Wait, you're never accumulated your 'e-waste' for the city bi-annual pickup? NEVER???????????? Mewh

This society will not only go down for just their TDS, yet for the most charlatan in history while complaining about everything.

- No, acutely you're opinion doesn't add up to support anything, it acutely shows the opposite. Your individual carbon footprint is terrible, now keep your head down & go get back in your 3800lb V6 rwd vehicle and run errands all day for the next 30+ years.
      My DD weighs 4,000lbs, and has 490hp. If you're going to exaggerate lets at least get some points slightly correct.

FWIW, I've felt this way since I was a kid, so Orange Man Bad isn't the whole picture. He's just the current pompous ass, but there will be more. They exists on both sides of the aisle.

As far as everything else, man I've lived in AZ, so I could go on a idiotic rant based upon a caricature of things I saw in the desert and try to weave them into your posts, but it would just be a bunch of made up insults, and none would land, because that's exactly what happened here.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Wait, so you’re saying that V8 trucks and high performance cars just wouldn’t exist anymore? That’s laughable, they’ll still exist. You’ll just pay more for them.
      "What I'm saying" is what I actually said, why do you keep creating a strawman to punch at? I can't tell if you're trolling, or your reading comprehension is really that bad. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, V8 trucks and high performance cars won't exist in the high percentages and affordable prices of today if we start rapidly increasing restrictions on fleet fuel economy and emissions, placing them out of reach of the average Joe so it will no longer exist in his garage. Higher restrictions means they have to either just go with lower performance engines or make them more expensive by investing in new techs and more expensive materials increasing the cost per horsepower. Which part of that is confusing to you?

Its not hypothetical, we've been there done that already in US history. For example in 1968 you could get a Mustang Mach 1 with 375hp that would do 0-60 in mid 5 seconds, but the 1974 Mustang Mach 1 was down to 105hp and over 12 seconds and that climb out of the dark ages lasted into the 80s with Mustang GTs managing 7 seconds despite having so many years of technological advancement at its disposal thanks to heavy regulations that came too hard and too fast.

Well maybe for some of you, to your liking, we can harmonize our emissions standards with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      My DD weighs 4,000lbs, and has 490hp. If you're going to exaggerate lets at least get some points slightly correct.

FWIW, I've felt this way since I was a kid, so Orange Man Bad isn't the whole picture. He's just the current pompous ass, but there will be more. They exists on both sides of the aisle.

As far as everything else, man I've lived in AZ, so I could go on a idiotic rant based upon a caricature of things I saw in the desert and try to weave them into your posts, but it would just be a bunch of made up insults, and none would land, because that's exactly what happened here.
      This is very true. Orange man is very bad, but there are morons on both sides, and they can't restrain themselves from coming out and showing how stupid they are. I'd be all for a party that based on common sense, logic, and moderation on all fronts.

CA certainly has it's share of stupidity as well. For all the good initiatives we have, we have many horrible ones, and we love driving manufacturing businesses away, even ones who produce the EVs we are trying to encourage everyone to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      This is very true. Orange man is very bad, but there are morons on both sides, and they can't restrain themselves from coming out and showing how stupid they are. I'd be all for a party that based on common sense, logic, and moderation on all fronts.

CA certainly has it's share of stupidity as well. For all the good initiatives we have, we have many horrible ones, and we love driving manufacturing businesses away, even ones who produce the EVs we are trying to encourage everyone to buy.
      For sure. This state, like all others, is run by humans, which means it has faults. Elon was a petulant child over reopening Fremont, but this state should also do everything it can to keep him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducman69 View Post
      "What I'm saying" is what I actually said, why do you keep creating a strawman to punch at? I can't tell if you're trolling, or your reading comprehension is really that bad. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, V8 trucks and high performance cars won't exist in the high percentages and affordable prices of today if we start rapidly increasing restrictions on fleet fuel economy and emissions, placing them out of reach of the average Joe so it will no longer exist in his garage. Higher restrictions means they have to either just go with lower performance engines or make them more expensive by investing in new techs and more expensive materials increasing the cost per horsepower. Which part of that is confusing to you?

Its not hypothetical, we've been there done that already in US history. For example in 1968 you could get a Mustang Mach 1 with 375hp that would do 0-60 in mid 5 seconds, but the 1974 Mustang Mach 1 was down to 105hp and over 12 seconds and that climb out of the dark ages lasted into the 80s with Mustang GTs managing 7 seconds despite having so many years of technological advancement at its disposal thanks to heavy regulations that came too hard and too fast.
      Both of my cars, sold in the US, conform with Euro 6, so this is just fear mongering. You said you can make a lot of money with it. How do I do that? You can offset the cost of my 4,000 calorie dinner that's lodged in my eso-pha-gus.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar

So the 99.8% of the population notices no change whatsoever in cars, because as long as it’s a little punchy between 10-40mph it’s “fun”. By car I mean CUV, because nobody buys cars anymore besides TCL.

So for the other 0.2% of the population that needs a V8 in their truck (Ford already says you don’t), and then those who want them in their cars, can buy them and pay higher taxes on them. What’s the problem?

If you think Dodge sells more V8 Chargers and Challengers than V6’s you’re crazy. Same with the Mustang and Camaro. They sell more V6 and I4’s than anything else. It’s already happening, and just like the manual transmission going the way of the dodo bird so is the V8. Soon if you want lots of power you’re gonna pay for it. Meanwhile the rest of the non-enthusiast population is totally happy jumping around town in their I4 or V6 Mustang thinking it’s a fun sporty car.
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Fiscal conservatism is real, and asserting that a state that adds more than it takes to tune of billions of dollars should take its money and leave the union while our federal government continues to run with a deficit is hysterical.
      Part of the problem is we have different information leading us to different conclusions. Liberal news stations that continue to support the myth that California is a producer, even though it has a debt to GDP ratio of 153% meaning its operating on a bubble, and California is not a net-tax contributor, with Californians receiving $12 more in federal revenue than they pay in. My point was just that clearly there are major ideological differences with California and the majority of the US, and we'd do just fine separate, meaning California would do just fine as well... maybe even better because its more important that everyone is rowing to the same beat in the same direction than how hard they are rowing where you end up spinning in circles.
      I will need more information on California blocking Republicans from creating fire breaks.
      Its hyperlinked forbes article when I first brought it up.
      I was having fun with you since you said we'd be fine walking around like the dinosaurs did when C02 was 5x what it is today. 2,000 ppm onward is where the human body has physiological responses to the mixture of the air, so like I said, a rough go. Thinking we'll never get there is again myopic.
      No, its called reality. The industrial revolution started in the 1700s, with coal stacks everywhere, and yet climate alarmists are acting like the world will end tomorrow when its taken this long just to bump CO2 by 100ppm. So if its 100ppm per 250 years of human industry, to get from today's 400ppm to 2000ppm would take 5000 years. In a span of 100 years we went from the first powered flight for a few seconds to landing on the moon, so what are the chances that in 5000 years we wouldn't have figured out tech to capture CO2? Sounds pretty idiotic to be spazzing out about it, right? Especially when 5000 years is plenty of time to acclimate to that, and would represent the greenest possible future where the Earth's biomass would peak meaning you'd have way more birds, and fish, and seaweed, and trees all over the place. The vast frozen tundras would likely become rich rainforests again.
      Ok, now you're conflating taxation and emission standards. They are 100% not the same. Europe taxes on engine size, hence the small revving engines.
      I'm talking about legislatures that would love to implement the same leftist policies in place in Europe, which is an intentional attack on car culture, and they admit it. They want people to live in apartments in iso-cubes restricted to the short distances they can go on foot or by bicycle and for rare longer trips to be packed like sardines into mass transit losing all freedom of personal mobility.
      Because a single standard reduces costs to the OEM, so less expensive cars.
      So tell California to get the stick out of their ass and stop having proprietary everything. Adopt federal standards.
      Go global, and get what you want.
      Going global means giving up your freedom to get what you want, you get what they want. It might be cheaper if the only pizza allowed in your city were plain cheese topping, but would that be a better world? Hell no. I understand the need to reduce the number of standards in a region, but there are limits. Get the US on the reasonable pace schedule implemented by our current lawfully elected federal administration and call it a day.

Your dd weights slightly over 4,000lbs like your caloric intake, please state content in a factual matter just as I did . Man, if only you could see Earth outside the virtual realm of the interwebz, is Google broken or is every day online cat pictures?

I when people take factual content and attempt to group it with "an idoitoc rant" & "made up insults." while providing only words and zero counter content.. What's a matter, wasn't expecting that? Food caught your tongue?

Let's do $10,000 my content as a whole is correct within a responsible doubt.

Come on, do it do it, if legal in your state we'll set it up, acutely let's go with $100k, $10k is kinda mewh.

No, I'm not kidding: , I, Blake Edwards known as the The A1 and A2 German am entering into a legal binding contract with said party Sold Over Sticker on this day June 29th 2020.

"Talk is cheap" hence the term, talk is cheap, as there's no consequences for words...yet...you place a wager per a 3rd party which holds said funds...people tend to go silent. Or, just keep going because nothing's on the table, hence the term "talk is cheap".

Man... reddit banning The_Donald sure sent **** flying everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Your dd weights slightly over 4,000lbs like your caloric intake, please state content in a factual matter just as I did . Man, if only you could see Earth outside the virtual realm of the interwebz, is Google broken or is every day online cat pictures?

I when people take factual content and attempt to group it with "an idoitoc rant" & "made up insults." while providing only words and zero counter content.. What's a matter, wasn't expecting that? Food caught your tongue?

Come on, do it do it, if legal in your state we'll set it up, acutely let's go with $100k, $10k is kinda mewh.

No, I'm not kidding: , I, Blake Edwards known as the The A1 and A2 German am entering into a legal binding contract with said party Sold Over Sticker on this day June 29th 2020.

"Talk is cheap" hence the term, talk is cheap, as there's no consequences for words...yet...you place a wager per a 3rd party which holds said funds...people tend to go silent. Or, just keep going because nothing's on the table, hence the term "talk is cheap".
      What in the actual **** are you even going on about?
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      What in the actual **** are you even going on about?
      ???????????????????????????????????

Well, you'd read the thread, to post 25, click to page 2 per the icon at the bottom to post 26 being my introductory into said thread. You'd continue reading into said post till you landed onto post 27 inwhich a dispute of my content was mentioned.

I then wagered a bet, as a counter, that is all.

I'll lower it to $1k for SOS if he chooses.
      Last edited by The A1 and A2 German; 06-30-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Part of the problem is we have different information leading us to different conclusions. Liberal news stations that continue to support the myth that California is a producer, even though it has a debt to GDP ratio of 153% meaning its operating on a bubble, and California is not a net-tax contributor, with Californians receiving $12 more in federal revenue than they pay in. My point was just that clearly there are major ideological differences with California and the majority of the US, and we'd do just fine separate, meaning California would do just fine as well... maybe even better because its more important that everyone is rowing to the same beat in the same direction than how hard they are rowing where you end up spinning in circles.
      Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of times in California's history that you could whoop on it for how awful it was fiscally. We can thank our Terminator for fixing the economic girly men for a fair bit of that. He actually pushed to move this state away from being a net contributor, and that theme has kept on where the gap has been bridging.

You can assert that, but I highly doubt it'll happen, so it's all really mental masturbation and data point slinging in the mean time. What other, real world fixes do you propose?

Its hyperlinked forbes article when I first brought it up.
      I saw the links to the two new bills, but didn't see the references to Republicans pushing bills and democrats stopping them in the past. I'd love a citation on that.

No, its called reality. The industrial revolution started in the 1700s, with coal stacks everywhere, and yet climate alarmists are acting like the world will end tomorrow when its taken this long just to bump CO2 by 100ppm. So if its 100ppm per 250 years of human industry, to get from today's 400ppm to 2000ppm would take 5000 years. In a span of 100 years we went from the first powered flight for a few seconds to landing on the moon, so what are the chances that in 5000 years we wouldn't have figured out tech to capture CO2? Sounds pretty idiotic to be spazzing out about it, right? Especially when 5000 years is plenty of time to acclimate to that, and would represent the greenest possible future where the Earth's biomass would peak meaning you'd have way more birds, and fish, and seaweed, and trees all over the place. The vast frozen tundras would likely become rich rainforests again.
      The statistics are grim on this topic, and the scientific community as a whole has been up in arms for a long time. I prefer to side with their outlook. Since we're playing fantasy about us inventing tech to combat it, we can also pretend that people caring about it now leads to that tech being created. Day dreams are entertaining, but not really pertinent though.

I'm talking about legislatures that would love to implement the same leftist policies in place in Europe, which is an intentional attack on car culture, and they admit it. They want people to live in apartments in iso-cubes restricted to the short distances they can go on foot or by bicycle and for rare longer trips to be packed like sardines into mass transit losing all freedom of personal mobility.
      Wait now. I'm talking about a unified emission standard so OEM's can have lower R&D costs, lower supply chain costs, lower inventory costs, and we still get fun toys. You're way off the path here. Having automotive OEM's agree to the most stringent emissions regulations, which is currently Euro 6 which won't choke the life out of a car, has nothing to do with this fear mongering.

So tell California to get the stick out of their ass and stop having proprietary everything. Adopt federal standards.
      Hey US, get the stick out of your ass and adopt global standards. Then we all win. I just see our back and forth as "Trump bad, Obama era stuff bad, California bad." WHO CARES. We want cheap performance cars right? See my comments below.

Going global means giving up your freedom to get what you want, you get what they want. It might be cheaper if the only pizza allowed in your city were plain cheese topping, but would that be a better world? Hell no. I understand the need to reduce the number of standards in a region, but there are limits. Get the US on the reasonable pace schedule implemented by our current lawfully elected federal administration and call it a day.
      Or get the OEM's on board with a reasonable schedule to build to certain global emission standards and everyone wins. Euro 6 exists, it's real, it's more restrictive than CARB rules in California, and my performance cars adhere to it. You're not backing up the claim that we'll get less stuff. Consumer demand drives what's available. Standardizing manufacturing and certification reduces the costs of those things. You want an LS powered thing? Go buy it. In California or England. Want a supercharged Camry engine with 400hp in a car built in a shed? Go buy it, in the US or England. Actual practice disagrees with what you're worried about.

Don't buy the LS thing new? It'll go away. Don't opt for a stick? It'll go away. That's how you're getting your cheese pizza. Buy your deluxe pizza new and shops will sell what's in demand, even if their ingredients have to held to a certain standard.

Ok Blake. In this thread, I was told California should leave the US, and that strict emission standards will ruin everything. I contested those points, as California isn't a useless failed state that needs to leave, and that OEM's aligning themselves to Euro 6 is good for us car enthusiasts.

Then you word vomited at me, with a ton of nonsensical crap so I brushed you off.

Wanting unified emission standards for cars, keeping performance cars cheap, and keeping our country together, does not, in any way, correlate to this pile of childish nonsense that you posted below.

Hahahahahahahahahaa

What. A. Joke.

I didn't contest anything about starving polar bears, but I asserted that key markers of pollution has risen with Trump in office, and former EPA employees spoke out about it. If that's too hard to understand, I'm wondering if you deserve a place at the adult table.

I commuted in an EV for years that was charged off of solar. Congrats on having a motorcycle. In California, such bikes make up 3.6% of registered vehicles and 1% of vehicle miles traveled, yet they account for 10% of passenger vehicles’ smog-forming emissions in the state. So are you virtue signalling or do you also care? Sounds like you want to own a lib on an emissions discussion, but your bike isn't a good example. At all. Maybe the LEED rating of your house? You might get me there.

I eat like a bird. I do love IPA's though. Show me the carbon impact of IPA's and I might clutch my pearls.

Oh are those new things for you? That's adorable. In Silicon Valley we grew up with a lot of e-waste, and proper ways to handle them. Businesses I have run in the past adhere to them. Nice job assuming for some reason I just throw my old LiPo batteries in the trash.

Basically what you just made there was a fake liberal person that you don't like, and applied that to me, based on scenarios that aren't grounded in reality. I let you off the hook for it as well. Yet...

And now the double down. So I don't like Trump, I live in California, and suddenly I'm the caricature you made above. Dude, talk about not being equipped to have a conversation with an adult. I'm glad it sounds like you do your part too, but to pretend you're going to catch me in some hypocritical gotcha moment when we've never crossed paths in life is trite.

I didn't think your drivel was worth unpacking, but congrats. I'm still enjoying some Scotch right now, so please let me know what the carbon impact is on that, and I might stop drinking it.

Congratulations! You, did exactly as expected 😘😘😘.

All words no substance, not even a $1k bet? A thousand dollars not even, just more words?

What's a matter, never thought someone could back it up? Wasn't expecting that were you? Never thought in a million years to be called out?

"The average American consumes more than 3,600 calories daily"

Whomp whomp, wasn't aware facts were insults.

"The production of food accounts for 73% of emissions including transportation"

Guess that's a rant

"71.6% of all American adults age 20 and above were overweight."

Insulting!

"Only 12.5 percent of e-waste is recycled."

Idoitoc!

"Pickup trucks outsold passenger cars in the US for the first time ever last month as buyers flock toward bigger vehicles"

Probably to fit their obesity. There, you happy? Honestly, I don't even know why you're talking. No seriously, why are you even talking? Lonely? Need to get post count up? No really...you'd of faired much better just skipping my post.

Societies participation in caring about the Earth is worse then my grammar.

Congratulations! You, did exactly as expected 😘😘😘.

All words no substance, not even a $1k bet? A thousand dollars not even, just more words?

What's a matter, never thought someone could back it up? Wasn't expecting that were you? Never thought in a million years to be called out?

"The average American consumes more than 3,600 calories daily"

Whomp whomp, wasn't aware facts were insults.

"The production of food accounts for 73% of emissions including transportation"

Guess that's a rant

"71.6% of all American adults age 20 and above were overweight."

Insulting!

"Only 12.5 percent of e-waste is recycled."

Idoitoc!

"Pickup trucks outsold passenger cars in the US for the first time ever last month as buyers flock toward bigger vehicles"

Probably to fit their obesity. There, you happy? Honestly, I don't even know why you're talking. No seriously, why are you even talking? Lonely? Need to get post count up? No really...you'd of faired much better just skipping my post.

Societies participation in caring about the Earth is worse then my grammar.
      I'd ask the same of you. I'm bored at night, and your posts are making me laugh.

I told you I eat like a bird. I mean I eat well, and enjoy rich food, but I don't just crush 4,000 calories of food a day. How does that apply to me? I don't own a pick up truck so I don't know what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Yup we need the basement guy and to defund the police to save America We need to ban gas powered vehicles because we all want to hang around while recharging and drink mocha lattes
      LMAO. Yep, 100% orangemanbad dude. The Dems will save us. We need to appoint Greta Thunberg to head the EPA. The planet will be saved in 4 years flat.

I'd ask the same of you. I'm bored at night, and your posts are making me laugh.

I told you I eat like a bird. I mean I eat well, and enjoy rich food, but I don't just crush 4,000 calories of food a day. How does that apply to me? I don't own a pick up truck so I don't know what you're getting at.
      It's OK man, I learned that Trump was in charge of the federal government in 2016 and therefore, the california wildfires were his fault. I'm ****ing speechless, that maniac. How dare he!

Well this thread got weird overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      dumpsterfire.gif
      if those libtards n’ yuropeans just let us buy bigger dumpsters, we wouldn’t need have to deal with all these dumpster fires *insert cherry picked dumpster fire data from dubious source*

Quote Originally Posted by DrivinAW8 View Post
      if those libtards n’ yuropeans just let us buy bigger dumpsters, we wouldn’t need have to deal with all these dumpster fires *insert cherry picked dumpster fire data from dubious source*
      I think what the dumpsters need are particulate scrubbers so that every time we have a dumpster fire, the smoke won't harm the environment. Win-win.
      "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Well this thread got weird overnight.

I mainly just lurk and read, Ill post every now and then etc.

Can someone please ban this Ducman69, he is a cancer to this forum. That poster ruins every thread they touch. I understand with the current situation politics are hard to keep out of posts but this is ridiculous. Thinly veiled shots at anything or anyone that disagrees with T_D type thinking and projection.. oh and also there is that racist part..

Can we start a gofundme to bribe mods to ban him?

Quote Originally Posted by WalterGuida View Post
      I mainly just lurk and read, Ill post every now and then etc.

Can someone please ban this Ducman69, he is a cancer to this forum. That poster ruins every thread they touch. I understand with the current situation politics are hard to keep out of posts but this is ridiculous. Thinly veiled shots at anything or anyone that disagrees with T_D type thinking and projection.. oh and also there is that racist part..

Can we start a gofundme to bribe mods to ban him?
      Don't forget, in 2020, everything is racist! Even poor Aunt Jemima.

Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post

Newsflash, Grand Wizard.. this country has been racist since Columbus set foot on shore.

What seems to be disturbing your comfortable worldview is that 2020 closet racists are finally being called out.

Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:9030960288

The brand got its name from the minstrel song “Old Aunt Jemima,” which was composed by African American comedian and performer Billy Kersands. Chris Rutt, who created the pancake flour in 1889, was inspired by the song after hearing it during a minstrel performance and decided to give the name to his pancake flour. At the time, Aunt Jemima was seen as a “mammy” character, a racial stereotype of a slave happy to please her white masters.

Rutt then sold his company to a larger milling company, R.T. Davis Milling Co., after failing to sell the flour. The milling company brought its mix to the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago and hired Nancy Green, a former slave who was working as a cook for a judge, to act as Aunt Jemima and sell the pancake flour.

“This began a really long tradition of women being Aunt Jemima in public performance,” said Maurice M. Manring, author of “Slave in a Box: The Strange Career of Aunt Jemima.” “Aunt Jemima became a national brand advertising nationally.”

Manring added that the fame of the brand Aunt Jemima coincided with the explosion of advertising during World War I. The brand created a whole backstory for Aunt Jemima giving her a fictional family and creating made up events about her life.
      Last edited by Sporin; 06-30-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast