Refreshed 2022 Tiguan revealed
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Refreshed 2022 Tiguan revealed

Goes on sale in Europe in the next few weeks. Updated U.S. Tiguan arrives in dealerships in October 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Automobile Mag
      Blame the Tiguan's relative popularity for the delay. The company builds the SUV in four assembly plants around the world, in four different time zones including Puebla, Mexico, from where it exports the long-wheelbase model to the U.S. While the Tiguan is Volkswagen's best-selling model globally, U.S. sales are barely a quarter of those seen be the segment-leading Toyota RAV4 in this country, and apparently Volkswagen isn't in position to retool those four plants at once.
      https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...ates-revealed/

New 4motion badge?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks good but I bet they're not dropping the B-cycle engine and Aisin auto so I'm guessing it's still not for me.

Looks sharp, but I can't help and at VW's simultaneous drive to sell more cars in the USA and also delay any sort of refresh or new model here.

I wish we got the SWB here. The LWB version is fine, but the proportions always look off compared to the original/SWB version.
      17 gti sport | 16 xc60 t5 | seventwosix

Still waiting for APR to crack the Budack

VW continues to frustrate. Q5 is too small- much smaller than much of its competition. Tiguan is too slow- damn near 2s slower to 60 than a CR-V turbo. I get market segmentation and all that but too much of it prompts people to leave the brand entirely.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Still waiting for APR to crack the Budack

VW continues to frustrate. Q5 is too small- much smaller than much of its competition. Tiguan is too slow- damn near 2s slower to 60 than a CR-V turbo. I get market segmentation and all that but too much of it prompts people to leave the brand entirely.
      APR is in testing with plans to release the software by late July.
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...R-flash/page23

touch sensitive climate controls, lovely

So, um, like...ventilated seats yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      Looks sharp, but I can't help and at VW's simultaneous drive to sell more cars in the USA and also delay any sort of refresh or new model here.
      Yeah, I don't get it. What's their reasoning?
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

Quote Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
      Looks good but I bet they're not dropping the B-cycle engine and Aisin auto so I'm guessing it's still not for me.
      x2.

Rav4 is still the better choice. More standard equipment so you don't need to buy the loaded model and most importantly, a Hybrid option which saves you $500/year in fuel over the Tiguan. Then there's that PHEV version.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
      The article states that the Tiggy is made in 4 plants, and they "can't" upgrade all at the same time, so the EU gets their new Tigs first.

But yeah, VW wants to grow NA sales, so you'd think they'd get Puebla updated faster.

Did Automobile let the cat out of the bag too early? The link to the article no longer works.

I still can't believe you can spend over $40K Canadian on these things WITH $2000 on the hood and still be stuck with halogen headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      The article states that the Tiggy is made in 4 plants, and they "can't" upgrade all at the same time, so the EU gets their new Tigs first.

But yeah, VW wants to grow NA sales, so you'd think they'd get Puebla updated faster.
      Puebla is busy being updated for production of the new sub-Tigua SUV. Plus, it was slow to restart after the Covid forced shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
      I wish we got the SWB here. The LWB version is fine, but the proportions always look off compared to the original/SWB version.
      Agreed, and if you just wanted a crossover for the ride height where you just shimmy in sideways, etc., and don't need AWD, a couple hundred pounds of a third-row seat is forced upon you in the US as well and the entire vehicle looks like a Mommy-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      So, um, like...ventilated seats yet?
      A near-requirement for the US market, at least as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom21 View Post
      I still can't believe you can spend over $40K Canadian on these things WITH $2000 on the hood and still be stuck with halogen headlights.
      Yes, another misstep on VW's part. It's more or less the same thing here and AWD is forced upon you to get headlamps that don't look like they came from a 1998 vehicle.

I was all about the idea of a loaded FWD SWB Tiguan back in 2017 when I was looking to replace my Mk6 TDI buyback, but that vehicle never came.

The best non-premium soft-roaders today are coming from Mazda, not VW. If I go SUV for my next car in a few years, it's likely to be a Mazda product. Nothing about VW's USA CUV lineup are appealing or compelling whatsoever.

That all said, the Mk8 Golf's nose looks better on the Tig than it does on the Golf though. for integrating that quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by gti_matt View Post

That all said, the Mk8 Golf's nose looks better on the Tig than it does on the Golf though. for integrating that quite well.
      Agreed, at least in R-Line trim. I'm hopeful the standard Tigs will look better than the current dowdy ones, but I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed, at least in R-Line trim. I'm hopeful the standard Tigs will look better than the current dowdy ones, but I'm not holding my breath.
      I'm hoping that the slim shape of the headlamps implicitly require full LEDs and that a halogen version wouldn't be realistically possible, even with halogen projectors.

I wonder if also the issue I have with the Golf Mk8 nose isn't just the headlamps but also the somewhat rounded and bulbous hood line (I'm sure for EU pedestrian protection) whereas on the Tig the entire front clip can meet EU pedestrian regs without going puffy like the Golf.

any new rumors of a GTI Tiggy with a better motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T | '18 RS3 2.5T |
      VW MK7 GTI/R Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
      Their sales are up, and they prioritize making money over giving TCL everything they want for nothing, and delivering it yesterday despite what makes sense within the supply chain.

They've also got a Tarek (or w/e they call it) launch to focus on and make a successful product in North America. No reason to rush the refresh of the best-selling Tiguan when it can run on cruise control for another year.

Have we even seen the Allspace? Next fall is not that far away, especially with all the craziness and unpredictability in the world now.

Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Well, the old model was released here last and they sell far more in Europe than here, so if they can't update the factories at the same time would you prioritize the market where you sell the least and where it's been on sale the shortest amount of time? I sure wouldn't.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

What looks to be a new corporate touchscreen/capacitive HVAC control panel can go **** off.
      SS registry owner-emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      Well, the old model was released here last and they sell far more in Europe than here, so if they can't update the factories at the same time would you prioritize the market where you sell the least and where it's been on sale the shortest amount of time? I sure wouldn't.
      It's almost like most TCLers have never been involved with a business in their life.

That just sounds like VW is continuing to not learn from their past mistakes in the US market they've been making since the beginning of time

hopefully they fixed the insane b pillar ticking.............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast