VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2012 EOS won't start

848 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jimnkaran 
#1 ·
The push button to start has been acting strange, hard to start lately. Yesterday it would not start at all or even turn on and off the ignition. I removed the push button assy and cleaned the contacts and now it will turn on and the off the ignition but will not start the car. When I push the button it will only make a clicking noise at a box on the front of the engine. I am not sure what the box is, it has an electrical connection on the box and is attached to a large hose going over towards the air filter. Also now the drivers window drops down when you open the door but will not go back up. When I am in the car with the door closed and with the ignition on I can close the window, turn off the ignition and it will stay closed until I open the door, it then opens about an inch and does not go back up when I close the door. Any help or advice appreciated. :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.