VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Atlas cross sport exhaust options

17K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  bluer3204 
#1 ·
Any suggestions or if anyone on here has already placed real exhaust tips on their cross sport?

#13 ·
I bought and installed the wookie pipe from ECS Tuning but I felt like it needed more...so I removed the rear muffler as well. Jamie Orr's atlas exhaust (go to 6:30) - almost like what Jamie Orr did here. I only have the exhaust pipe to where the wookie pipe ends and feel that it does need something to help deaden the sound a little. But that might be due to the pipe ending just under the rear seat. I might at least add a pipe to help the sound exit out the back like Jamie's.

BTW, the VR6 sounds amazing. Definitely upgraded the soccer mom's vehicle. She just wants it toned down a bit.

Any thoughts?

#14 ·
so the exhaust on yours just dumps out of the wookie pipe? have you looked into a single Magnaflow muffler?

#18 · (Edited)
Finding an alternative to the stock exhaust on the Cross Sport has been on my mind since day one of ownership. Being an R32 owner , I wanted to hear the VR6 growl

Finally, sometime last year, I picked up a Miltek exhaust that fit the CS. It sounded great but a bit loud in the cabin, therefore a resonator went in. This week/weekend I was able to fab up new exists since Miltek still kept the down turns. I will create a separate post for my install soon. For now, here is a picture of the set-up during test fit and prior to full weld.

Here is a link for the sound clip during test fit up.

Rich

Car Vehicle Plant Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Sky Vehicle registration plate

#20 ·
Finding an alternative to the stock exhaust on the Cross Sport has been on my mind since day one of ownership. Being an R32 owner , I wanted to hear the VR6 growl

Finally, sometime last year, I picked up a Miltek exhaust that fit the CS. It sounded great but a bit loud in the cabin, therefore a resonator went in. This week/weekend I was able to fab up new exists since Miltek still kept the down turns. I will create a separate post for my install soon. For now, here is a picture of the set-up during test fit and prior to full weld.

Will post link of sound clip later this afternoon.

Rich
I have been looking for some Milltek non resonated exhaust sound clips!
Post some before and after resonator please!